19typer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
What model Enkeis? After reading several posts I'm starting to lean heavily towards getting some decent wheels with my favorite AS's instead since I have a winter beater already. Put the stock wheels on a shelf.
tuning raijin blk paint, didn't want to spend a lot on winter wheels and they are actually pretty light.
Sponsored

OP
OP
unholy79

unholy79

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R, 2023 Indian Sport Chief
Country flag
tuning raijin blk paint, didn't want to spend a lot on winter wheels and they are actually pretty light.
Thanks! Looking at them in gunmetal, price is great too. :)

GHoSTyaiRo

First Name
Jairo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
DON’T DO IT...

...said NO ONE EVER!!!

First of all congrats, I read the whole thread and was so exited to fail you just like the rest of us but I guess it is too lake... thankfully.
You won’t regret it.
I gotta tell you, this forum and its people are the best, O did get a bunch of people (in the outside world) trying to talk me out if for many reasons, starting from financial excuses “oH WHY Are You GOnNa gET sUCH A ExPensIvE cAR, iF YOU HaVE mOneY To tHrOw dowN tHe DRaIN MIgHT As WELL GeT A BEtTER cAR LIke a jAgUAR oR SOmeThinG FanCY” to stupid excuses “that cAr IS mAnuaL yoU Are In fLoRiDa you dOn’t NEEd A MAnuAL cAR iN fLoRiDa yOU WiLl REgreT it in the NexT TRaFfIc jam, yOu hAven’t EVEN dRIVeN A STICK iN YEaRs yOu arE gONnA brEAK It”.:drive:
Bunch of :hater:s right.
Anyway congratulations again I hope you never part ways with your car, this is the type of car you wanna keep forever. At least I want to.
People saying “Sunday funday” have never experienced buying a Type R on a Saturday.
Now I know you miss your heated seats (I don’t) but after a few days of driving it you’ll say f*%|< heated seats.
Going from my 2017 hatchback to the CTR I don’t regret it, sometimes I miss the sunroof, the electric seats (going back to pulling that metal bar under your seat was kinda awkward and that was another reason for the haters to go “sO thIs cAR hAs lESs tEcHnOloGy tHan tHE OlD oNe, huH” but like I care.:crazy:
What I do miss is lane watch, although looking to the bright side maybe it is better that the CTR has no lane watch, I was relying too much on it, so much that when I was driving my sister’s o my mom’s car I would immediately look at the center console when changing lanes and my brain would glitch a little bit. So maybe it is good after all. This car deserves a better driver a more aware one, one that relays on skills rather than technology.
But enough about me and my car. I wanna know about you and your car :D keep us posted.
Oh btw I don’t know if your dealership offers dings and dents protection, mine did and I took it without even thinking twice, my hatchback suffer enough door bangs from heartless people and a few shopping carts left their mark as well so when they told me they would fix any dings and dents unlimited for $300 I said shut up and take my money.:pickme:

OP
OP
unholy79

unholy79

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just pulled the trigger on 19" Motegi MR924's -w- Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 size 245/35ZR19. Since I've got a winter beater and have no plans to use my TypeR as a snow plow, this is my all around best bet. I'll put the 20's in the garage. :)

GHoSTyaiRo

First Name
Jairo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just pulled the trigger on 19" Motegi MR924's -w- Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 size 245/35ZR19. Since I've got a winter beater and have no plans to use my TypeR as a snow plow, this is my all around best bet. I'll put the 20's in the garage. :)
But the Type R is so good plowing, you just take the spoiler and tie it to the front bumper, bam! instant snow plow :rofl:

19typer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag

Nice, look similar to the ones I have.

cle00

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
You won't get your SI MPG, but you can get close. I baby mine and am getting 30-31mpg. Most of my driving is highway 75-80mph and some side streets at 50mph. Let me know how your 19s feel. I'm still only the fence about just putting 245/35R20 all seasons or buying a cheap set of 18-19s with all seasons. Once the temp drops below 45* these tires strain for grip.

OP
OP
unholy79

unholy79

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You won't get your SI MPG, but you can get close. I baby mine and am getting 30-31mpg. Most of my driving is highway 75-80mph and some side streets at 50mph. Let me know how your 19s feel. I'm still only the fence about just putting 245/35R20 all seasons or buying a cheap set of 18-19s with all seasons. Once the temp drops below 45* these tires strain for grip.
Yea they need a bit of warmup, took the car out in 18F the other morning for a 45 minute drive to work, they weren't too bad but I took it real easy and kept it in "comfort" mode. After a mile or so they were good enough for government work. First tank I got approx 25mpg on average, it's not awful. I also discovered that the dealership never applied the correct PSI, the TPMS light came on so I checked and all the tires were at 50psi. A proper 35psi was heavenly.

OP
OP
unholy79

unholy79

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Pictures as promised - took these over at/near the Hawks Nest on Route 97 outside of Port Jervis, NY. Great little twisty section (if you've seen Doctor Strange, it's where he wrecked his Lambo). In my younger years I'd gone through at un-mentionable speeds, now I just go through at the posted limit of 55mph. Lame, I know. I will say that this thing was sharper, and rode better through that small section than my '16 Golf R did. Can't wait to really open it up as Spring arrives.

Honda Civic 10th gen Possibly trading up to a 2019 Type-R 83648556_10157373843068071_1853417274581450752_o
Honda Civic 10th gen Possibly trading up to a 2019 Type-R 83968656_10157373843168071_4297987783290519552_o
Honda Civic 10th gen Possibly trading up to a 2019 Type-R 84386015_10157373843203071_8099219417197445120_o

OP
OP
unholy79

unholy79

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Get the MR924s, a set of eBay red H caps, and some all seasons.

That's what I did and most people can't even tell they're not stock, and I have year round wheels.

IMG_20190722_112931.jpg
Didn't know the red H caps were an option for these wheels, I'll definitely look for those. I also want to see if I can paint that nice red ring on the wheel like the stocks have.

Dpack

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Got my sights set on a crystal black pearl Type-R. Currently have an Si that I'm quite happy with but I made the mistake of sitting in the Type-R and well... Talk me out of it, please! Seems to be an improvement in every way over my Si (despite needing to either immediately put all-seasons on it, or invest in a winter wheel/tire package via TireRack so I can drive it more often until Spring)... Also it looks like the 12 gallon tank might be an issue, but with 28mpg highway shouldn't be a HUGE deal as long as I'm not constantly beating the snot out of it. Front/rear space was astonishing (I'm 6'1"). Trunk space was impressive as well.

I'll keep searching through this forum for info - but has anyone dropped to 18" winter wheel/tire package on the Type-R? Not looking to break the bank I just want to make sure whatever I get would clear those yuge brakes up front...

Cheers
Yes, an additional 12-15k, there better be improvement over the SI. Do it!!

BrandonCTRWV

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R-2003 VW Jetta GLI VR6
Country flag
Dont second guess yourself. Buy the car, you wont be disappointed in anyway. My 2019 is the best car ive ever owned, most fun, best handling, jus everything. Jus be prepared to put tires on it by 12,000 to 15,000 miles. I went with Michelin PS4S 245/35-20

PK1

NEVER SETTLE FOR LESS
First Name
Francisco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 S2000, 2019 Type R
Country flag
I to have been in the bought about purchasing a used type R.
I can't see myself dropping $40k+ $5k taxes/finance into a type R as I rather use that money to continue cutting down school debt.
I can see myself spending $35k after taxes, so im lurking on the time for a used one at $30k here in Southern Cali.

Last year i planned sell the s2k and buy a type R but i choose to keep the s2k, and just daily a sport. YES i did settle, with a 2019 sport but as a daily it is great and gas saver and kept the s2k lol

Hopefully i can get back wtever i owe on the current sport 19' (owe like $20k left) once I do see a Red or CW 18'+ Fk8 in 29/30k range as hype is dieing in Los Angeles area and own a s2k + fk8 <3

CivilciviC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
That's not a bad idea. It's awesome you've been able to keep the s2k in the stable. Personally, I think the Civic Sport is a great car though- yeah it's much more calmed down in every respect as compared to the CTR, but overall it is a great vehicle.

I too think CTR prices will be coming down to the mark you're looking to get in at. It might still take a bit of time (like another year) but there's no denying prices will drop.

Are 2017s completely off your list? If so, why?
Sponsored