Possibly trading up to a 2019 Type-R

RedGiant217

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Accord
Country flag
I'll keep searching through this forum for info - but has anyone dropped to 18" winter wheel/tire package on the Type-R? Not looking to break the bank I just want to make sure whatever I get would clear those yuge brakes up front...
Many of us have gone to 18 inch wheels...
If you want something reasonable for winter, order a wheel&tire package off TireRack.

I went with 18s for my summer tires as well when stock tires were done at 13k miles.
Sponsored

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Can’t comment on winter wheels and tires since I’m in Florida, but I did go from a modified 18 si to a 19 R (also cbp). It’s an absolute amazing car and better than the si in every category (except fuel economy lol). I say go for it and don’t look back. I enjoy it so much i don’t even plan to modify it for many years. Also, make sure you do the 2 bucket wash method. Black cars look great but are a PIA to take care of !

ShaRm3064

First Name
Sharmilan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda CIvic Type R #3064 Crystal Black Pearl
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I did 18” MSW rims with Toyo Observe GSI-6 snow tires. Just have to get the right offset to clear the brakes. Don’t know what offset I have, a local shop that’s familiar with these cars set up my car. No issue in the snow but then I didn’t get a ton of snow this year in the Boston area.

it’s a great little all around car. I use it daily. Just have to get used to getting into the car but I’m 51 with a bad back and have no issues. Seats are super comfortable. I wanted a V8 car but this engine allows me to have fun and not have to stop as frequently at the gas station as I would have to with a V8. Very tossible car that is comfortable and convenient with the hatch.

CDD7063B-E798-4C60-8FE9-B7EB32F1625C.jpeg
The shopping carts next to your car is giving me Anxiety lol.....I always try to avoid shopping carts when parking at walmart....I learned the hard way when a gust of wind blew a cart on my front fendor which left a dent.....

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
The shopping carts next to your car is giving me Anxiety lol.....I always try to avoid shopping carts when parking at walmart....I learned the hard way when a gust of wind blew a cart on my front fendor which left a dent.....
I park wayyyy away from all obstacles. Last week it bit me in the ass though. Was at the gym looking for parking, i usually park next to a curb so at least one side is 100% safe, however it was particularly windy that day and next to the curbs are tall Palm trees. I had to park next to one that had a loose branch, but I examined it closely and said, “meh it’ll hold for the hour” .
Hour later I’m walking back to the car, but I don’t see the hanging branch.. start sweating more than I already was from working out. Get closer and see the branch on the ground next to my door... fuckkkk I shout.
$100 later PDR guy took care of it. Always go with your intuition!

Honda Civic 10th gen Possibly trading up to a 2019 Type-R EF2BCDFB-C0EA-4FA4-8E89-D10AA65A3F9D

Honda Civic 10th gen Possibly trading up to a 2019 Type-R ECFA14C6-ACF8-441D-B01B-E17E3AC754BA

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag

Hahha, yeah try but I figured it was almost closing and no one was going out to play with shopping carts. I’m trying to be in the phase where I treat the car nice but also sort of like a regular car or else I’ll talk myself out of driving it but I had to drive it as my so. Was home from college and needed the car I was otherwise driving. But the bullet! It was otherwise tucked away in the factory car cover under a tarp.

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
Just want to say, I asked you folks to talk me out of it, and you all failed miserably. Pics later. :)
Soooo sorrrry!!!!!!! NOT!!!!!!!! Hahahhaha!

Congrats!!!! Keep us updated !!!

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
HAHAHA ENJOY!! Welcome to the club!

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Schweeeeetttt!!!!!! Man you act fast! Congrats!!!!!! :thumbsup:

hpbyhermann

First Name
Hermann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Championship white Type R #25133, 09' Civic SI sedan, black 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 2004 Mustang Cobra
Country flag
Good move! You will love it like we all do!:headbang:

OP
OP
unholy79

unholy79

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R, 2023 Indian Sport Chief
Country flag
I still need to RTFM so I know the proper break in procedure, so I"m taking it easy at the moment (I discovered I can spin the wheels in 2nd entirely by accident, I swear). Didn't realize no heated seats (frowny face) but otherwise I have zero complaints. Was working with 2 dealerships, both had various levels of markups, both DROPPED the markups to get me in the door. Wound up going on color (the black just looked sharp AF). Paid MSRP, had to haggle UP the trade-in on my Si which they didn't fight me on (much). Thank you to everyone for doing such a horrible job at talking me out of it. :) Time to go tire shopping so I'm good for the rest of the season. :) :) :)

st1llundftd

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R; 2017 Honda Civic Sedan SI
Country flag
Congrats! I did the same as well and traded in my '17 SI for the 19 CTR. Very fun car to drive especially as a daily commuter.

19typer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I got my 2019 a few months ago and went with 18" enkei wheels with sotozero tires from tirerack. Congrats on the new car.

OP
OP
unholy79

unholy79

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R, 2023 Indian Sport Chief
Country flag
I got my 2019 a few months ago and went with 18" enkei wheels with sotozero tires from tirerack. Congrats on the new car.
What model Enkeis? After reading several posts I'm starting to lean heavily towards getting some decent wheels with my favorite AS's instead since I have a winter beater already. Put the stock wheels on a shelf.
Sponsored