chriser0

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
That wont total.... But in the off chance youre lucky and it does, the shop or tow yard will allow you to unlock your k tunner and return the car to stock

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That wont total.... But in the off chance youre lucky and it does, the shop or tow yard will allow you to unlock your k tunner and return the car to stock
Eh, I wouldn't say that.

Maybe different down there (I'm in Canada), but my brother got sideswiped by a tractor trailer. No damage to the truck but his quarter panel was quite mangled in one small section maybe about a foot long. Car was a total loss. No airbags deployed, etc. That was the only thing wrong with the car and it was driveable still.

From looking at the pictures its hard to tell but I'd vote write off. Airbags deployed, rear wheels damaged, quarter panel dented in and damaged, bumper's done, potential rear frame damage. Sounds like it'll get super expensive real quick if it's fixed through proper channels.

I could see it NOT being a write off if it was a car such as a Porsche 911 or anything else, but for a Civic? That car would have half or less the value if it were to be fixed, even if properly. It's probably cheaper for the adjuster to write off.

OP
OP

Jonmd89

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
Eh, I wouldn't say that.

Maybe different down there (I'm in Canada), but my brother got sideswiped by a tractor trailer. No damage to the truck but his quarter panel was quite mangled in one small section maybe about a foot long. Car was a total loss. No airbags deployed, etc. That was the only thing wrong with the car and it was driveable still.

From looking at the pictures its hard to tell but I'd vote write off. Airbags deployed, rear wheels damaged, quarter panel dented in and damaged, bumper's done, potential rear frame damage. Sounds like it'll get super expensive real quick if it's fixed through proper channels.

I could see it NOT being a write off if it was a car such as a Porsche 911 or anything else, but for a Civic? That car would have half or less the value if it were to be fixed, even if properly. It's probably cheaper for the adjuster to write off.
I just got back from the body from signing paperwork for them to “work” on it to removed the back bumper and stuff to see the extent of the damage. I should hear back from them by tomorrow for their estimate and by Friday hopefully by my insurance on what’s gonna happen

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just got back from the body from signing paperwork for them to “work” on it to removed the back bumper and stuff to see the extent of the damage. I should hear back from them by tomorrow for their estimate and by Friday hopefully by my insurance on what’s gonna happen
If the estimate is close to a total loss amount, I would fight to just have it written off instead of having it fixed, because I wouldn’t want to have to deal with diminished value for something that was completely not your fault.

Keep posted for sure, I’m curious to see the results.

brownman

Driving a car in the land of the truck
First Name
eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 honda civic lx sedan
Country flag
we have a charger next door with the identical hit and was covered through their insurance. most likely it wont total.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Once the airbags go off in these cars they are basically totalled. The cost of those alone can be close to more than the car is worth these days.

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe Si / 1993 Chrysler Intrepid 3.5L
Country flag
I’m sorry but people should have to re do their road tests. It’s ridiculous how many old people wreck cars
It depends on where you live. Here, you have to retest at 80 to ensure you can still drive adequately. I think it should be 70, though. Nutters with grey hair.

OP
OP

Jonmd89

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
Well I called the shop, they’re not quite done but the technician is estimating 10k as of right now, unfortunately they’re closed on fridays so I’ll have the official estimate hopefully monday

OP
OP

Jonmd89

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
Total damage only came out to $12,XXX from the body shop, looks like we have hopes of keeping our cars after the side air bags go off at least. I am now awaitingy insurance company to authorize the repairs

FlyByeBlueSi

FlyByeBlueSi
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well I got tboned on the back quarter panel of my car today by a pretty much blind 88 year old man, both back wheels bent, multiple airbags blew, possible rear frame damage
EE20CE97-7979-4D67-B73E-95F2B051ECB5.jpeg
79184F64-7C79-4467-A587-578D7747832F.jpeg
Maybe not, I had the reinforcement bar pushed into the firewall, 12k in damages they didn't total mine.