Jonmd89

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
Age definitely matters. As you get older your hearing gets worse, your vision deteriorates, and your reaction time slows, not to mention those with memory problems. Driving while distracted can be punished and educated against, but you can't stop aging. It's ridiculous that we don't have mandatory driving tests after a certain age; prove you can still drive and you get to keep your license.
I agree but I think people should retake driving test regardless of age, such a minimal thing to make everyone safer
Sponsored

nyczrayy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX Lunar Silver
Country flag
Based on my experience, this isnt enough to total. I had a red civic towed in to my shop last year hit in the exact area as yours minus the air bags. but ultimately, got to peak under to see the real damage. in terms of body work, this isnt bad. but you may need a new quarter. good luck!!

OP
OP

Jonmd89

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
It dented in the rear door for the last 1” (easy fix), body panels are cheap, front tires look fixable because he pushed me sideways into a curb, I drove onto to and the passenger front looks fine, rear passenger is angled also, the frame looks tweaked in the rear from looking under it, the airbags is the major concern as they’re stupidly expensive

pdrumns

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI Coupe and 2019 Nissan Kicks
Country flag
Yes the air bags may be the killer. They can add up to thousands and thousands and if you had multiple go off, it can bring the cost to repair into total loss territory depending on the vehicle.

rive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
When my ex totaled my previous Civic, the insurance adjuster told me "for cars in this price range, once the airbags go off it's pretty much standard that the car is getting totaled. Hondas hold their value well but not that well." But then that was several years ago.

OP
OP

Jonmd89

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
Yeah it was the driver side side curtain airbag for driver and driver side rear and the one on the side of my seat that went off

Derek.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport HB 6MT, 1996 Accord EX 4dr 5MT
Country flag
Glad no one was hurt.

Hopefully the car doesn't have any sentimental value to you because if I was in your situation, I would want it to be written off.

OP
OP

Jonmd89

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
Glad no one was hurt.

Hopefully the car doesn't have any sentimental value to you because if I was in your situation, I would want it to be written off.
Only sentimental value it has is it being my first sportier car and first new car, nothing that can’t be replaced

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Age definitely matters. As you get older your hearing gets worse, your vision deteriorates, and your reaction time slows, not to mention those with memory problems. Driving while distracted can be punished and educated against, but you can't stop aging. It's ridiculous that we don't have mandatory driving tests after a certain age; prove you can still drive and you get to keep your license.
I totally agree and you’re right as you get older another problem in Florida is that you have these retirees that want to revisit their youth
so they get these 400 plus horsepowered musclecars and can’t control them and yes there should be a mandatory driving test after a certain age especially Florida but the spineless politicians in Florida don’t want to rock the boat with the elderly community down here because their afraid of them retiring elsewhere

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
I recently heard people over a certain age 75/80 can no longer rent cars. But yet they are still allowed to drive without being regularly tested. Glad you are ok.
People below certain age also can't rent cars. If you are below 26 you will have a problem.
It's not what someone believes based on their experience, but hard insurance data on millions of collisions. Young people are definitely destroying more property and killing more people than old ones.

Last edited:

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
Yeah it was the driver side side curtain airbag for driver and driver side rear and the one on the side of my seat that went off
What can you tell us about the effectiveness of the airbags? They keep you from whacking your head?
Sponsored