Jonmd89

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
Well I got tboned on the back quarter panel of my car today by a pretty much blind 88 year old man, both back wheels bent, multiple airbags blew, possible rear frame damage
Honda Civic 10th gen Possibly totaled EE20CE97-7979-4D67-B73E-95F2B051ECB5
Honda Civic 10th gen Possibly totaled 79184F64-7C79-4467-A587-578D7747832F

NixChixFix

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Oh man, glad you're okay though. Keep us posted on the extent of the damages. How fast was the old man going?

OP
OP

Jonmd89

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
Yeah I drove into a parking lot to avoid him and he still hit me after 2.5 lanes

baj7460

First Name
BRANDON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
I recently heard people over a certain age 75/80 can no longer rent cars. But yet they are still allowed to drive without being regularly tested. Glad you are ok.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Glad you're ok. It's just a material possession, one of many you will get through out your life. The most important thing is health. Hopefully you will get it repaired or replaced soon enough

OP
OP

Jonmd89

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
I have gap insurance and 20% payment of my next car coverage, I just hope I’m able to take the parts off of it if it is totaled, I was fbo and tuned haha.
I did grab the tuner but it is locked to my car still

OP
OP

Jonmd89

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
Now to decide to get another si or try something new, I’ve only had this car 18 months and my first Honda and first sportier car, looking at Audi’s potentially as they’re fairly cheap around here but I loved that car

rwsmith123

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
I have gap insurance and 20% payment of my next car coverage, I just hope I’m able to take the parts off of it if it is totaled, I was fbo and tuned haha.
I did grab the tuner but it is locked to my car still
Age doesn’t matter, if it’s not someone too old to drive it’ll be someone on their phone. When I got t-boned and car was totaled I went to the place where it had been towed to get my belongings out of it and asked if I could take my upgrades and put the OEM parts back and they said yes. So I got my Suma side mirrors, OEM LED fog lights, floor mats, cargo liner, etc. back to put in my new car. They will probably have the battery disconnected so you would have to reconnect it to unlock the KTuner. The ECU isn’t going to be “happy”, hopefully you’ll be able to unlock it.

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
Now to decide to get another si or try something new, I’ve only had this car 18 months and my first Honda and first sportier car, looking at Audi’s potentially as they’re fairly cheap around here but I loved that car
Do you want auto or manual transmission?

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Age doesn’t matter, if it’s not someone too old to drive it’ll be someone on their phone. When I got t-boned and car was totaled I went to the place where it had been towed to get my belongings out of it and asked if I could take my upgrades and put the OEM parts back and they said yes. So I got my Suma side mirrors, OEM LED fog lights, floor mats, cargo liner, etc. back to put in my new car. They will probably have the battery disconnected so you would have to reconnect it to unlock the KTuner. The ECU isn’t going to be “happy”, hopefully you’ll be able to unlock it.
Age definitely matters. As you get older your hearing gets worse, your vision deteriorates, and your reaction time slows, not to mention those with memory problems. Driving while distracted can be punished and educated against, but you can't stop aging. It's ridiculous that we don't have mandatory driving tests after a certain age; prove you can still drive and you get to keep your license.

rwsmith123

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Age definitely matters. As you get older your hearing gets worse, your vision deteriorates, and your reaction time slows, not to mention those with memory problems. Driving while distracted can be punished and educated against, but you can't stop aging. It's ridiculous that we don't have mandatory driving tests after a certain age; prove you can still drive and you get to keep your license.
I was being glib, I was t-boned by a distracted guy in his 20’s.