• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

Possibly not a scammer

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe Old whips: 2005 RSX Type S, 2015 Civic Si Coupe, 1998 Integra GSR Green, 1998 Integra GSR Red
Country flag
Just wanted to give an update. I thought I was recently scammed for LED headlights in the classifieds here. I purchased them around the 24th of Jan from a seller that fit the bill outlined in the scammer sticky. Someone who just joined with only 2 posts. For whatever reason we lost contact after they were suppose to ship a couple times. The parts were no rush. It just worried me because he was eager during payment to get them out the next day.. Yet they hadn't gone out in a little over a week. After they were supposedly in the out-bound pile mid week. After that I started getting a little pushy. With $600 on the line and knowing scams have happened here.. And this could've been anyone from anywhere with a smartphone or computer. I didn't want to F around.
After that he seemed to drop off for a couple days and the email address bounced. I reached out to one of the mods and he agreed that it looks sketchy. He was automatically clipped from the site and a dispute w the cc company followed And that was that. Then after moving on and looking at a new set of DEPOs.. I get a txt out of nowhere from USPS this am saying they shipped. If the parts actually come in, I'm happy. We'll see what actually shows up :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Last edited:

MarshX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just wanted to give an update. I thought I was recently scammed for LED headlights in the classifieds here. I purchased them around the 24th of Jan from a seller that fit the bill outlined in the scammer sticky. Someone who just joined with only 2 posts. For whatever reason we lost contact after they were suppose to ship a couple times. The parts were no rush. It just worried me because he was eager during payment to get them out the next day.. Yet they hadn't gone out in a little over a week. After they were supposedly in the out-bound pile mid week. After that I started getting a little pushy. With $600 on the line and knowing scams have happened here.. And this could've been anyone from anywhere with a smartphone or computer. I didn't want to F around.
After that he seemed to drop off for a couple days and the email address bounced. I reached out to one of the mods and he agreed that it looks sketchy. He was automatically clipped from the site and a dispute w the cc company followed. After that I had created a thread trashing what was a suspected scammer with an unknown real identity. Not an actual legit seller. And that was that. Then after moving on and looking at a new set of DEPOs.. I get a txt out of nowhere from USPS this am saying they shipped. If the seller actually turns out to be legit, I'll have to apologize for the misunderstanding. We'll see what shows up :thumbsup:
Damn :confused1: im pretty interested to see what happens lol

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
You have nothing to be apologize for. You as a buyer shouldn’t go thru hoops to get the product you paid for. That bum is still a scammer regardless if you get the headlights or not. You wasted your time and energy in trying to get something you basically immediately paid for. Him finally shipping it doesn’t right any wrongs.

OP
OP
maggs_10thgen

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe Old whips: 2005 RSX Type S, 2015 Civic Si Coupe, 1998 Integra GSR Green, 1998 Integra GSR Red
Country flag
You have nothing to be apologize for. You as a buyer shouldn’t go thru hoops to get the product you paid for. That bum is still a scammer regardless if you get the headlights or not. You wasted your time and energy in trying to get something you basically immediately paid for. Him finally shipping it doesn’t right any wrongs.
Either he was just moving at a slow pace or this became a big deal with the cc company. Who knows why they're shipping now. Up to this point it's hard to argue it wasn't a scam. Since you put it like that. All I wanted was a pair of LEDs without breakin the bank... If they show up as advertised I'm happy. There could be a used diaper in the box though :D We'll have to see.

Last edited:

OP
OP
maggs_10thgen

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Soo... Was it Pampers or Huggies?
A beautiful set of touring LEDs :thumbsup: The kid came thru. I'm going to tell the cc company to drop the dispute and let the mod know this all worked out :thumbsup:

OP
OP
maggs_10thgen

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
A beautiful set of touring LEDs :thumbsup: The kid came thru. I'm going to tell the cc company to drop the dispute and let the mod know this all worked out :thumbsup:
I contacted the cc company and they're going to reverse the funds back to his account. They said it should take a couple days to sort out

Memogiyi

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I contacted the cc company and they're going to reverse the funds back to his account. They said it should take a couple days to sort out
I’m glad it worked out for you but still f that seller. He probably caved in because PP contacted him and the consequences were too grave for him not to follow through. It’s a big lesson to be cautious and be careful who you do business with.

OP
OP
maggs_10thgen

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I’m glad it worked out for you but still f that seller. He probably caved in because PP contacted him and the consequences were too grave for him not to follow through. It’s a big lesson to be cautious and be careful who you do business with.
I'm happy this all worked out. No hard feelings and it was a great deal. That being said.. I'd never risk losing dough like that again. I consider myself lucky.
I had pretty much lost all hope in these things ever showing up. I was just about to grab a set of DEPOs and move on.

OP
OP
maggs_10thgen

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm happy this all worked out. No hard feelings and it was a great deal. That being said.. I'd never risk losing dough like that again. I consider myself lucky.
I had pretty much lost all hope in these things ever showing up. I was just about to grab a set of DEPOs and move on.
I haven't installed these bad boyz yet. Even though I've reached out to PayPal again, and they claim the transaction is being reversed back to him, the funds are still in the Q to be paid out. It's supposed to be paid any day according to them. Until then, I just wouldn't feel comfortable installing them. Worst case, I'd return to the lights to him. I'm an honest guy. We'll see what happens.
Sponsored