Nitroturtle

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PMM CTR, 2006 S2000, 2010 Element EX AWD
Country flag
I made the switch from an FK8 to an A90 last spring and have had absolutely no regrets. Sure, I get a lot of "nice BMW" jokes, but then I take them for a ride and they change their tune quickly. If you are interested in modding/tuning the Supra, make sure you do your research. The 2020 and early 2021 cars can be tuned quite easily, but the later model cars are much more expensive due to hardware locked ECUs.

I was concerned that I wouldn't like the auto, but honestly it's one of my favorite parts about the car. The shifts are incredible and so buttery smooth. The build quality is noticibly better than any of my Hondas (I'm a huge Honda fan, also have an Element, CR-V and S2000 that I still own) and the BMW driver assist tech works incredibly well. The wind buffeting is an easy fix with aftermarket parts and while the car does have a few annoyances it's an awesome car overall.

I sold my 2019 FK8 back in April for $43k with 17k miles and over 20k in mods (full front PPF, ceramic, FBO + rampage turbo + HPFP). Your best bet is to sell the car on it's own as close to stock as possible and then try to sell the aftermarket parts, unless you can find a very specific buyer.

My Supra has catless DP and a flexfuel kit to run E50 and runs over 2 seconds faster in the 60-130. My CTR ran high 12s 1/4 mile according to my draggy, where the Supra does low 11s.

Obviously the CTR was the much more practical vehicle, but for a weekend toy I much prefer the Supra. I've been so impressed that I've been looking into a BMW for my next purchase.

Honda Civic 10th gen Possibly moving into a new platform PXL_20220116_060715271
Sponsored

lrk322

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R in Red
Country flag
I'm not a manual guy my friend - my other car(s) are a 2017 M2 with a dual clutch auto (fantastic one will scratch the tires in 3rd, as well as is faster - straight line - than my Type R). I also have a 2022 RS3, again, faster than the Type R, auto as well.

Type R most fun in my garage.

And of my garage, the M2 would be closest to the Supra as far as it goes - dual clutch auto - 370hp - RWD. Fun car, but yeah...... Type R is much more entertaining at the limit and does everything else well and can even haul stuff.

Not a manual guy - a well traveled guy - that knows how good this car is and how great the regret usually is once someone 'moves on to a new platform' then realizes the mistake after the new car smell is gone and they wake up living with a BMupra and not even a real Supra with some heritage to it. Some cobbled together BMW parts bin atrocity.

Hard pass :)
Similar viewpoint here. I have a 21 fk8, had an m240i, 330i, driven my dad's top trim supra for a week and have a 23 rs3. Fk8 is the most fun out of all of them. I got rid of my m240i because it was so damn similar to my girlfriend's base 330i. Driving my dad's supra, the steering and inputs were not very different from the 330i either. I was not impressed. Also the Zf8 compared to the dual clutch in the rs3... using the paddles is not really very entertaining with the 8 speed auto. Hard to go back from a dual clutch. Rs3 is fun, but still not as involved as the fk8. The Fl5 sounds like it has lost a little of the magic in the steering from all the reviews I watched today. I understand that cars get boring, but I think you'll miss it once it's gone.

Last edited: