Cody FKH8R

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
As much as I love the FK8, I’ve been a fan of the MkV Supra since it went on sale, and spending the weekend at Imports VS Domestics this year has me 100% sold on them and making me want to go out and get one tomorrow…. That being said, I have a good amount of money invested in my CTR. Currently full PRL bolt ons, Hondata/phearable stage 2, swift spec r springs, Megan rear camber arms, bronze Enkei TS-5’s 18x9.5 with Nitto NT555 g2’s…. I have about another 15k in parts waiting to go on including PRL P700 turbo and PRL V2 flex fuel kit…. I know the money put in is normally never recouped, but I might be interested in selling everything as a package deal… the car is a 2020 Championship white and just hit 4,200 miles… garage kept and in immaculate condition….I’d be looking to get around 60k for everything…is my asking price in the ball park, or have I completely lost my mind?…also, if anyone is interested PM me for pics and info…

Honda Civic 10th gen Possibly moving into a new platform 68962792-82DA-4EE5-ABAB-2264C7D52A04
Sponsored

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
I'd drive one, a looong test drive, before you toss the Type R to the side. I mean, it's not even stick?

OP
OP
Cody FKH8R

Cody FKH8R

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
I mean there is a manual… but I’m not worried about that. Manuals are fun, but automatics will always be faster.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Right manual guys will always deny that lmaoo. the supra is a beast i want one too but if i were you id leave the type r alone since you already fbo and keep it, the money you save you could have both cars👀
I'm not a manual guy my friend - my other car(s) are a 2017 M2 with a dual clutch auto (fantastic one will scratch the tires in 3rd, as well as is faster - straight line - than my Type R). I also have a 2022 RS3, again, faster than the Type R, auto as well.

Type R most fun in my garage.

And of my garage, the M2 would be closest to the Supra as far as it goes - dual clutch auto - 370hp - RWD. Fun car, but yeah...... Type R is much more entertaining at the limit and does everything else well and can even haul stuff.

Not a manual guy - a well traveled guy - that knows how good this car is and how great the regret usually is once someone 'moves on to a new platform' then realizes the mistake after the new car smell is gone and they wake up living with a BMupra and not even a real Supra with some heritage to it. Some cobbled together BMW parts bin atrocity.

Hard pass :)

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
most don’t understand the value of a manual transmission. Its all you and most of us suck at driving so automatics exist. Ive never owned an automatic outside of trucks.

ive driven the new bmw supra its a very nice car and it would make a fun beater. The yellow is nice.

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
As much as I love the FK8, I’ve been a fan of the MkV Supra since it went on sale, and spending the weekend at Imports VS Domestics this year has me 100% sold on them and making me want to go out and get one tomorrow…. That being said, I have a good amount of money invested in my CTR. Currently full PRL bolt ons, Hondata/phearable stage 2, swift spec r springs, Megan rear camber arms, bronze Enkei TS-5’s 18x9.5 with Nitto NT555 g2’s…. I have about another 15k in parts waiting to go on including PRL P700 turbo and PRL V2 flex fuel kit…. I know the money put in is normally never recouped, but I might be interested in selling everything as a package deal… the car is a 2020 Championship white and just hit 4,200 miles… garage kept and in immaculate condition….I’d be looking to get around 60k for everything…is my asking price in the ball park, or have I completely lost my mind?…also, if anyone is interested PM me for pics and info…

68962792-82DA-4EE5-ABAB-2264C7D52A04.jpeg
If you happen to have a PRL catless dp and go for the part-out, I'd be interested to get that, just pm me, thanks. Enjoy the Supra!

GavinOC

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R Boost Blue Pearl
Country flag
I’ll address the elephant in the room here - the BMW Supra is just a bit too feminine

Nice car and all but it looks like you are on the way to pick up your husband 😂

typearghhhh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
I’ll address the elephant in the room here - the BMW Supra is just a bit too feminine

Nice car and all but it looks like you are on the way to pick up your husband 😂
bro what the hell does that even mean, mk5 platform is really good especially the motor

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Original Toyota Supra - amazing engineering - TOYOTA dream engine that could take unreal amounts of power and boost. TOYOTA engineering end to end - and it's a classic because of that heart and soul put into the platform.

Current Toyota Supra - 99% BMW - Toyota did the body a bit and some elements of the interior. Then to further capitulate to their Bavarian overlords they agreed to have less horsepower than the Z4 that is the 'sister' car BMW made, for....reasons? So the cool - sport oriented - performance car is slower than the luxury performance car. Cool. And you pop the hood on your Supra and explain the BMW engine in there till you want to puke anytime someone talks about your car because you are prepared to argue that it's not really a BMW sort of kind of not really.

Sounds like a fantastic ownership experience. And can you flip a coin to take it either to the BMW dealership or the Toyota one, or is it dependent on what part of the car breaks where you take it?

They can take their 'Supra' and shove it up their ass. I'm an enthusiast and I don't need someone selling me a BMW in a Toyota skin, I'll just go buy a BMW then?

Anyone considering a new Supra should read up on the old Supra and heritage and get some perspective on what a joke this thing is. If you're all good with all of that, and still love it, then go full big nuts on it and take ALL the Toyota badges off of it and put BMW badges in place. Now that would be something.

Neciovato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 370z Nismo
Country flag
OP
The Supra seems to be a great car that one can add a lot of HP to it reliably bc of the B58 engine. While the auto is faster than the manual - the only way I would consider a Supra is if it had a manual; something about rowing your own gears. If speed is all that matters bc ‘autos are faster’ - maybe cross shop several other platforms and even look at a Tesla3 Performance - about or close the same price and the savings on gas will make it cheaper. Throw in the fact that its instant torque - not many cars will be able to beat you from stop light to stop light - that is…..if speed is all you care about. But we all know that EVs are soulless vehicles that are ‘one trick ponies‘.

Again - the CTR seems to offer a lot of the best of both worlds - you can tune it, its quick out of the box, has a manual and you can run to Costco while carrying 3 other people in it. Regardless - good luck with whatever you decide, as car enthusiast it feels like we are never satisfied and always want to experience something new so I don’t blame you for checking it out. :)
Sponsored