Possible to trade 2months old Ex for Ex-T?

billc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic, accord
I recently bought my new civic ex two months ago. I want to get the Ex-T because I forgot to check insurance difference
What do you mean by this? The EX-T is cheaper on insurance? I would've thought it's the other way around since turbos are higher to insure. How much I insurance difference is there between an ex and ex-t?
Sponsored

OP
OP
thebayareacivic

thebayareacivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
What do you mean by this? The EX-T is cheaper on insurance? I would've thought it's the other way around since turbos are higher to insure. How much I insurance difference is there between an ex and ex-t?
They are really the same. I double checked for my quoted ins. The turbo is built into the engine while others are a sub piece.

Dan198

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335 xDrive, 2010 Audi Q5, 2014 Porsche Boxster S, 2016 Civic EX
Country flag
When I was looking for my EX, they had a preowned 2016 EX with 1900 km, so roughly 1,200 miles on it. The sales guy said the owner didn't like it or bought the wrong car, whatever that means. They basically listed it at MSRP, but you wouldn't pay the PDI. So that's the minimum discount you will get on your trade in. Then they will discount you again another 20% or so.

From my standpoint, I would never buy a 2 month old car from a dealer. For that extra $2k, I would get piece of mind knowing I get a new car off the lot and never have that little bit of doubt in the back of my mind as to why someone would trade in a 2 month old car. If I knew you and we did a private deal, then that's totally different of course.
Sponsored