Possible to swap the 2020 hatch "vent" styling mustaches with the '17 hatches?

SonicBreezerST160

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sonic Gray Pearl ST Hatchback
Country flag
Which particular parts did you cut/modify for the 2020 vents to fit in yours? I have a 2018 hb and I've been thinking about doing this.
The two pieces in the bottom photo, are what was removed with a Dremel. You have to provide relief for the deeper profile of the inner section of the vent. All the rest just snaps right in like the original.

Kane666

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Interested to see how this turns out. Those damn inserts are a deal breaker for me on the 2020s. I want to get a 2020 because my 2019 got totaled but would like to keep the honeycomb vents.
go pull the vents from your 19 and put em in a 20.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatch Sport
Country flag
How about the front vents, can I put 17-19 vents into '20 bumper?
Wondering the same, worried about it messing with the Honda sensing stuff on the drivers side tho. Pretty sure 2019 mesh will fit but doesn’t have a cutout for the sensing.

Could always try and dremmel out some off the mesh and see if that works for the sensing but I’m not really willing to try lol

type_ramen

First Name
Keiothic
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
To clarify... 2019s do have the deeper profile already? So no dremel of the plastic needed?

stoots_sgp_fk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sonic Gray Type R, 2019 Honda Ridgeline
Country flag
To clarify... 2019s do have the deeper profile already? So no dremel of the plastic needed?
My 2019 Type R does not have the deeper profile rear bumper. I checked under the bumper. It's going to have to be dremeled out. Maybe the later 2019 have the deeper profile but mine was bought around May 2019.

type_ramen

First Name
Keiothic
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
My 2019 Type R does not have the deeper profile rear bumper. I checked under the bumper. It's going to have to be dremeled out. Maybe the later 2019 have the deeper profile but mine was bought around May 2019.
Got mine January 2019, so very likely not then. Thanks. It's plastic that had to be dremeled out, no? Does it really have to be in this entirety?
Honda Civic 10th gen Possible to swap the 2020 hatch "vent" styling mustaches with the '17 hatches? img_20191209_154617103-

Also, just wanting to let you know since you also own a Type R that the honey comb design is different on the regular civic vs the Type R. Just in case missed it :) I think the part numbers are already out for the Type R version.

Last edited:

stoots_sgp_fk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sonic Gray Type R, 2019 Honda Ridgeline
Country flag
Got mine January 2019, so very likely not then. Thanks. It's plastic that had to be dremeled out, no? Does it really have to be in this entirety?
img_20191209_154617103-jpg.jpg

Also, just wanting to let you know since you also own a Type R that the honey comb design is different on the regular civic vs the Type R. Just in case missed it :) I think the part numbers are already out for the Type R version.
I posted the type R parts in another thread about 2020 Type R parts. They are different but the things you have to do are the same. Not sure if you really need to cut that much but it's just plastic. Dremel shouldn't be too much work.

Synomenon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatch
Country flag
I personally like how these new vent pieces look. So to install these on a US 2017 Sport Touring hatchback, I just need an X-acto knife to cut a bit of the plastic on the bumper beneath where these vent pieces go?

Anyone have the part numbers for all four pieces with the white trim to match the white hatchback?

SonicBreezerST160

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sonic Gray Pearl ST Hatchback
Country flag
I personally like how these new vent pieces look. So to install these on a US 2017 Sport Touring hatchback, I just need an X-acto knife to cut a bit of the plastic on the bumper beneath where these vent pieces go?
You are going to need more than an exacto knife to cut that plastic! It requires a Dremel with a cutting wheel.

Synomenon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatch
Country flag
Anyone have the part numbers for both front and both back pieces for the hatchback?

type_ramen

First Name
Keiothic
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Anyone have the part numbers for both front and both back pieces for the hatchback?
Just as an FYI to others, he's asking a legit question here as the Hatch/Sedan/Coupe have a different rear honey comb styling than the Type R

Synomenon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatch
Country flag
Was hoping not to have to deal with my local dealership. I usually go to College Hills Honda for parts.

I have a white 2017 HB ST. I guess I'll drop them an email.
Sponsored