Possible Recall from Honda for all sedans

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Both my coupes have had this issue. I'm gonna post pics of it soon as I get a chance.
I don't want to marginalize your concerns. If it doesn't have the same sharp crease as the OP's pic then it's likely not the same issue.

The cosmetic issue I mentioned earlier impacts all Civic trims (and most new Hondas for that matter).
Sponsored

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I just checked my 17 Civic SI and I have one small dent on the passenger side :( is this universal for all the civics?

Pielo7

First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Country flag
So, in 2017 when i buy my Si i was all the time in youtube searching videos and info for the 10gen civic's and i found a video from dudes in india or idk the country, but the point is they were going to dealerships and the cars in the showroom had those dents, they were complaining about it since the release of the current civic generation. I do believe is a factory fault, also i believe nothing is gonna get done from honda side.

Elussive

First Name
Rave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2.0l
Country flag
I have one of these dents above my back passenger's side door. I thought it was just me but it seems that a lot of people have had this issue too.

neuroticcivic

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXL
Country flag
I have a 2016 sedan and have them on the drivers side for sure. Thought was weird and odd. I bought it as a certified preowned also as was a 1 owner before me. I will have to look on my passenger side again too see.

2020k20c2sport

N/A_AllDay2.0
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sedan Sport
Country flag
I'm on my second civic sedan. I never noticed a dent or any damage like that. Had the 18 ex for 2 years 32,000 miles and had hail damage which I got PDR for. Now I'm on the civic sedan sport 6mt and haven't noticed anything yet. Although I will say the sheet metal is definitely thin all around lol

Jmnyc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CR-V
Country flag
I leased a new CR-V on May 13, on May 19 I noticed two shallow dents on driver's side C pillar. Over several weeks more dents have appeared and now on both side C pillars, eleven in total to date. Been to dealership several times and only received lip service and ridiculous explanations. Over three months Honda HQ and Lithia Motors offered no
Honda Civic 10th gen Possible Recall from Honda for all sedans IMG_20200712_183509
help. This is not what I paid for. I'm convinced this is a structural issue. Looking for an attorney to handle this issue.

chriser0

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I leased a new CR-V on May 13, on May 19 I noticed two shallow dents on driver's side C pillar. Over several weeks more dents have appeared and now on both side C pillars, eleven in total to date. Been to dealership several times and only received lip service and ridiculous explanations. Over three months Honda HQ and Lithia Motors offered no
IMG_20200712_183509.jpg
help. This is not what I paid for. I'm convinced this is a structural issue. Looking for an attorney to handle this issue.
Thats hail damage my friend.

Jmnyc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CR-V
Country flag
Thank you for your reply but damage is isolated only to C pillars with no scratches or scuff marks. The rest of the vehicle is in pristine condition.

chriser0

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Thank you for your reply but damage is isolated only to C pillars with no scratches or scuff marks. The rest of the vehicle is in pristine condition.
Exactly what I would expect from lite hail damage. C pillars are extremely thin. I often see way more damage on them compared to roofs and hoods on new cars in hail events.

Jmnyc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CR-V
Country flag
I would except that light hail we could cause the dents, even though I'm very uncomfortable what would a car wash do. Vehicle has not been in that environment since I owned it. As I mentioned the dents started with two and more appeared on different days over the last three months.

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Not sure if this was ever shared in this thread.

This is no coincidence- hopefully this pic helps explain it too (right where blue meets red). This happens right at the point where two different metals with different strengths meet. Has been happening for years mainly on the sedan.

Honda Civic 10th gen Possible Recall from Honda for all sedans 598AC66C-D34A-42F5-A64A-A516591F57C9

jayman84

First Name
Jamey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PWP Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Not sure if this was ever shared in this thread.

This is no coincidence- hopefully this pic helps explain it too (right where blue meets red). This happens right at the point where two different metals with different strengths meet. Has been happening for years mainly on the sedan.

598AC66C-D34A-42F5-A64A-A516591F57C9.jpeg
Is this 3D model actually for the 10th gen civic or just a random sedan?