Ryloguy

First Name
Rylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
VIN lookup says my car was made in Canada. I have no dent on mine as of writing this (knock on wood).
Sponsored

ripcord291

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Platinum White Pearl
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My si 2019 has it....at first I thought I did it til people are reporting it so I went out and press on the body and yeah u can feel it change....

TaterSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Sedan
Country flag
So I saw this thread and immediately checked my car, I have a 2019 Si and do not have the issue, but my GF has a 2017 civic and has this issue on both sides. Makes you think that the car has been in an accident. Will be interesting to see if anything actually happens with it.

carlos969

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I work at Toyota in the paint department, and how these dents were missed all the way from paint to final inspection in assembly is mind boggling. That is a massive dent, and yes it is compromised. Those dents c pillar dents can be fixed by going into the interior and bending it back, but there needs to be work done on the metal to smooth it out, and these cars would have to go to a body shop, as the area needs to be sanded down to metal and then butterflied to hide the imperfection of the metal, then the the area will need tpx sprayed as the area wont have any ed to protect the metal from corrosion, then it ill need primer, then base coat and then clear coat.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I work at Toyota in the paint department, and how these dents were missed all the way from paint to final inspection in assembly is mind boggling.
I think you're misunderstanding the issue. The cars aren't dented at the factory or dealer level. It's a weak spot in the design/structure/sheetmetal.

I found this out one day when I made the mistake of leaning on my '17 EX-L in that area. I could feel the soft spot in the sheetmetal giving in, but luckily, I moved away quickly before leaving a dent.

I don't know if you've ever waxed your hood but there's another really thin area up towards the windshield (in the center) that you literally could dent with your hand if you pressed hard enough.

Last edited:

cekIV

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I have this dent on my 2019 Si sedan.

hatchboost

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk7 6 speed
Country flag
2017 hatch sport owner here! First owner, now I know I don’t have a sedan however, I wanted to chime in as well. I have the same dent on my car as well. In the same spot. Hopefully there is some sort of fix for this because as a new car owner, I am a little anal about that little dent. It’s like someone hit it really hard, but I know it’s never been touched. Even a pine cone falling should t damage it that much.

hatchboost

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk7 6 speed
Country flag
Also, if it matters mine is one of the euro built hatches I believe.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
2017 hatch sport owner here! First owner, now I know I don’t have a sedan however, I wanted to chime in as well. I have the same dent on my car as well. In the same spot. Hopefully there is some sort of fix for this because as a new car owner, I am a little anal about that little dent. It’s like someone hit it really hard, but I know it’s never been touched. Even a pine cone falling should t damage it that much.
I was hoping hatch owners would keep quiet... now I have to check mine.

If it happens across all 3 body styles, that's a serious problem.

hatchboost

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk7 6 speed
Country flag
I was hoping hatch owners would keep quiet... now I have to check mine.

If it happens across all 3 body styles, that's a serious problem.
I was reading through the thread and hadn’t seen one hatch post yet so I was getting concerned it was just me! For months I was always wondering where it came from. If this is a real problem I wouldn’t mind a new car ahahahah. But I doubt Honda would go that far unless there was a big enough lawsuit

hatchboost

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk7 6 speed
Country flag
For mine, it’s that little dimple above the rear door. Not huge but, for someone who walks past it every day, I notice it lol. For those who can’t see, it’s the distorted dimple in the picture.
Honda Civic 10th gen Possible Recall from Honda for all sedans 7E3DE407-3230-4C8D-82B6-51A1E37A21C6

Derek.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport HB 6MT, 1996 Accord EX 4dr 5MT
Country flag
For mine, it’s that little dimple above the rear door. Not huge but, for someone who walks past it every day, I notice it lol. For those who can’t see, it’s the distorted dimple in the picture.
7E3DE407-3230-4C8D-82B6-51A1E37A21C6.jpeg
From that angle, it doesn't look like the same kind of dent. At least I hope it isn't, because I have a hatch as well lol!