Possible Recall from Honda for all sedans

rraayy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
So glad the first car I ever purchased/owned was a 2018 Honda .... you know, for its practicality and reliability

Cant wait to dump this POS as soon as warranty expires. Such a joke.
Sponsored

turbo lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
That Facebook post doesn't make much sense, why would the dent make the car unsafe?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
That Facebook post doesn't make much sense, why would the dent make the car unsafe?
Because in the world of the internet even stupid, bogus and absolutely ridiculous ideas/comments are often taken as the gospel truth.

Crazy, crazy world.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
What if the reason for the dents forming is that they used lower strength steel than as designed to stamp that panel, by mistake of course.

If a part manufacturer (Denso?) can use by mistake a low density polymer (PE, PP?) to make fuel pump propellers, instead of high density as it was designed (how does that happen? ) everything is possible. Good they didn't by mistake use cardboard.

The whole reason for using all these multiple steel grades instead of making things thicker where needed is to make the car lighter and still not too expensive.

My hb doesn't have any dents, although some Type R's allegedly have them? Maybe it's because I don't lean against this car fearing it could cave in like a zombie.

Last edited:

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
The dents are purely cosmetic, and not any sort of safety issue. I can't imagine Honda issuing a mass recall.
This is true. How ever there is one case of recall from Chrysler on the Plymouth volare and dodge aspen in the late seventies do to the fender rusting at the antenna within a year of production date
from what I understand they replaced that fender and under coated the rest of the car this is why you didn’t see many of these cars after ten years this was do to cheap paint and cheap metals ( probably from China) other manufacturers had the same problem as Chrysler at that time but not a severe

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sedan Sport, '08 GSXR 600
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I logged in to my Honda account via my dealership and saw the notification. Called up, and the lady said that my VIN isn't affected by the recall when she looked it up, but to keep a watch out for a letter just in case. Also said they haven't received the parts to do the fix yet from the manufacture.

Last edited:

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
I logged in to my Honda account via my dealership and saw the notification. Called up, and the lady said that my VIN isn't affected by the recall when she looked it up, but to keep a watch out for a letter just in case. Also said they haven't received the parts to do the fix yet from the manufacture.
Really? What did that notification say? How did the Honda rep describe the recall? I'm also wondering what the fix entails, and which parts are required.

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Really? What did that notification say? How did the Honda rep describe the recall? I'm also wondering what the fix entails, and which parts are required.
Honda Civic 10th gen Possible Recall from Honda for all sedans Screen Shot 2020-06-13 at 4.09.18 PM

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I see, fuel pump. This recall has nothing to do with the thread topic, which is related to dents
oh shit, my bad, I saw the title and thought it was about the current one on-going. :doh:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Reading is fundamental. :cool:

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
And that's how Internet rumors get validated. LOL

OP
OP
saiko21

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
Because in the world of the internet even stupid, bogus and absolutely ridiculous ideas/comments are often taken as the gospel truth.

Crazy, crazy world.
That part can affect structural integrity of the car as Honda used softer metal at the quarter panel for whatever reason. If you look at FEA diagrams you can see the difference with coupe sedan and hatchback. I guess someone here posted the rear glass getting cracked when it was sitting under sun for long time. That might be caused by unequal expansion of metals. If you look at a car your windshield and rear glass all are structural components of a car. That's why the rep deemed it to be unsafe and replaced the car with coupe. Coupe/ hatchbacks doesn't have that defect and FEA pictures validates it.

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
That part can affect structural integrity of the car as Honda used softer metal at the quarter panel for whatever reason. If you look at FEA diagrams you can see the difference with coupe sedan and hatchback. I guess someone here posted the rear glass getting cracked when it was sitting under sun for long time. That might be caused by unequal expansion of metals. If you look at a car your windshield and rear glass all are structural components of a car. That's why the rep deemed it to be unsafe and replaced the car with coupe. Coupe/ hatchbacks doesn't have that defect and FEA pictures validates it.
I wonder if there is difference between made in USA & Japan cars. Maybe the stress or forces acting on that area might be slightly different depending where the cars are assembled Perhaps parts are welded with more or less heat, or the metal stampings came from a different vendor & the composition is slightly different, or some other factor.
Sponsored