hatchboost

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk7 6 speed
Country flag
From that angle, it doesn't look like the same kind of dent. At least I hope it isn't, because I have a hatch as well lol!
I hope so too, it would give me peace of mind haha. It just looks like someone took their thumb and pressed reallly really hard. Or jabbed it with a pen or something.
Sponsored

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Apologies for the filthy car, but i planned on washing it last week before I pulled a muscle. I can’t tell if my CTR has it

Honda Civic 10th gen Possible Recall from Honda for all sedans 6DBD778F-7659-4F9E-93CD-3062AF4E970F
Honda Civic 10th gen Possible Recall from Honda for all sedans C9D2CF3D-25A5-48E1-959D-EF92AE766B1B
Honda Civic 10th gen Possible Recall from Honda for all sedans 78D99B96-211D-427B-8E4C-8B1BAC8B0DDB

Tried to use post editing to enhance the lines... didn’t really help

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
From what I am gathering, there are two different issues going on. One is structural, the other is cosmetic. Honda is using much thinner sheet metal compared to previous generation Civics. Small ripples along the B and C pillar have been reported by many, many owners. We've narrowed it down to chassis flex and pressure "hot spots" (i.e. inadvertently pressing on a soft spot).

The larger issue, as what seems to be with the OP, is the sharp creases seen along the C-pillars. And points to a structural issue. With this comes reports of door misalignments, wind noise, water leaks, etc.

I can't remember if this was shared, but here's the larger thread:
https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/dent-above-passenger-doors-accident-or-body-issue.3002/page-1

brownman

Driving a car in the land of the truck
First Name
eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 honda civic lx sedan
Country flag
I do have this as well but mine almost looks like waves with 4-5 bumps. picture tonight if its not dark by the time I leave work

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ugh. Either my eyesight is worse than I thought, or my '17 SI did not have this dent. Plus the Honda dealer would have called my attention to it when I traded it in, and probably used that to offer me even less on the trade.

kwk1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic LX Sedan CVT white
Country flag
I have a dent/imperfection as well on driver's side, didn't look at passenger side yet. Car info under avatar.

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Damn, I just looked at mine and saw the slightest distortion in light reflection right above the rear door seam

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
I checked my September 2018, Canadian built 2018 Si Coupe and I have no issue.

No light reflection distortion.
Smooth surface as far as touch and sight can tell.
I rapped on it really hard with my knuckle along the length of the entire roofline and the sheet metal is rock hard, unwilling to budge at all.

Coupes FTW?

I'd guess if any coupes have dents in the area it's probably from a hard impact and not some kind of structural issue like the OP.

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Coupes are not affected by this issue.

Methane Herder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Possible Recall from Honda for all sedans Screenshot_20200616-193842

No noticable deformation on the passenger side.
Finger tapped along this panel on both sides.
Passenger side, same pitch sound all along the panel.
Driver side, a distinct change in pitch going from front to rear at the deformation shown above (think, think, think, tink, tink, tink).
MH

redcoats1976

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic coupe,2015 camaro RS
Country flag
off topic but i saw a ferrari today sitting in a parking lot.almost new,dirty,and nice dent/scratch on right rear fender.why would anyone spend that kind of money on an enthusiast car and treat it like a rusty pinto?

UberCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Modern Steel Civic EX-L 2006 Highlander Hybrid 2002 Honda Insight 2000 Audi A6 2.7t
Country flag
off topic but i saw a ferrari today sitting in a parking lot.almost new,dirty,and nice dent/scratch on right rear fender.why would anyone spend that kind of money on an enthusiast car and treat it like a rusty pinto?
Well he doesn't abuse it but my moms neighbor has a Lamborghini Huracan. She lives in a one bedroom condo that she paid $40k five years ago, as does he! He parks it in an open car port 18 inches away from the two rusty beaters parked on either side of it.