Possible problem or am I just overthinking?

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hey guys so I'm somewhat new to the tuning scene so excuse any dumb questions. I've been tuned for about 5k miles in my 2019 Civic Hatch CVT and something I've noticed pretty much from the first couple weeks was that in low RPM's sometimes I get a slight jerk, it's nothing crazy, but it's noticeable. This doesn't happen when I am accelerating from a dead stop, mostly just went I'm in slow city traffic. And I believe usually around the 1500 RPM range. I'm tuned on the Base 21PSI Dual with a couple small quick adjustments like boost limits in low gears. I also typically just drive in the 18PSI mode, sometimes switching to 21 when I want to drive a little harder on the highway.

My K.control is typically within the .49-.52 range, rarely ever hitting >.6 and my K.count is usually 0-1 (I know this value doesn't mean a whole lot anyway)

Is this something I should be worried about? Is it maybe a misfire? I plan on doing a data log sometime this week, but it's not always easy to replicate the issue

Thanks guys!
Sponsored

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
The CVT is jerky at really low RPMs stock. Whenever I was stuck in traffic I would feel it jerk and jerk while crawling. You probably have nothing to worry about.

BrandonSmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Country flag
It has to do with the freewheel rpm of the cvt. Lots of technical mumble jumble involved in explaining trade offs of higher and lower values of that rpm, but yeah, it’s a little higher than some other cvts and it comes at the cost of being clunky at slower speeds.

OP
OP
naldy

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
@BrandonSmith @Feddy_Ace Sweet, that’s the answer I was hoping for! Thanks for the help, this has been on the back of my mind for a few days now
Sponsored