Possible pricing and release date for PRL TIP??

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Possible pricing and release date for PRL TIP?? Screenshot_20200306-052501

I found this browsing around. I wonder if it's accurate. The site doesn't show any testing numbers yet.
Sponsored

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
I think in "Theory", this could provide for a slightly reduced difference in the loss of atmospheric pressure. Thus, the compressor wouldn't have to work as hard to produce the airflow required to meet the MAP target.
For Example:
On stock turbo 1.5L (Si or Non) and running a 21psi or 23psi (comparatively) you could possibly reduce the TC pressure by 1 or 2psi in order to meet the target. That could keep you in the higher efficiency island longer and possibly to the end of the RPM. More EFFICIENCY is better power correct? So, in theory it could provide just enough to have the edge bitten a little.
If using a more Efficient cooling system (e.g. Intercooler) you could possibly decrease the loss of pressure after the compressor as well. Thus, the TC pressure requirement would be closer to the MAP pressure - less heat and more efficiency of the Turbo.
That's basically what happens.

These pressure losses are part of a principle known as "Bernoulli's Principle" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernoulli's_principle

@Myx

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
It is interesting that PRL was not really interested in designing the TIP for the SI until 27won was like "don't worry guys I got this".
Sponsored