Possible power loss?

Do you have wheel spin in your 100% stock type r if you push it in second gear?

• Total voters

Typer94

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic type r
Country flag
So I’m probably gonna get flamed for this post, which I’m completely fine with because it’s probably going to sound real dumb!However, when I first bought the car, and done second gear rolls(never really have launched my car,prob never will) I had constant wheel spin the entire gear until going into third like the first month of owning it. Now, it doesn’t spin at all whatsoever in second gear to the floor. Yes, I’ve tried with tc both on and off, in type r mode and sport, there’s none. Now obviously most people would be happy with no wheel spin.. and I am!!! Also, I bought in February in Virginia so temps were rather low around 30-40 now it’s 60-70... but still.. with wheels that are technically getting wore down I would’ve imagined more spin if anything? But back to the silly question.. did I loose power somehow based off that scenario.. or am I just a crazy worrywart and no ones stock type r spins in second in warm heat? Btw, boost pressure is normal at about 21ish. Thanks in advance for discussion and sorry for the stupidity. I’m mechanically declined and bought this car for my first sports car! Love it!
Sponsored

wicked pissah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
riced out fk8
Country flag
You're not crazy, it's the warm weather. You lose traction with summer tires when temperatures are near freezing because they're engineered to provide better traction in warm to hot temperatures

OP
OP

Typer94

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic type r
Country flag
You're not crazy, it's the warm weather. You lose traction with summer tires when temperatures are near freezing because they're engineered to provide better traction in warm to hot temperatures
Ok thank you for your response. I’ve just seen a lot of post about people going all out of motor mounts, stickier tires, etc because of wheel spin.. and I couldn’t tell if it was just from a launch(because they all talk about still spinning in second) or if they just have that trouble in second regardless
Sponsored