willimo

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Civic, 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I love that Sonic Gray, it's one of their nicest colors in a lot of years. I'd want that if this wasn't my forever car, because I reckon it's a bit trendy.

My only worry is that they'll refresh it and give it silver wheels, and I'll be all sad rolling around on the current ones.
Sponsored

garoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 RYP S2K, 18 CW CTR
Country flag
I wonder if the base model CTR is still coming... would help a lot of people still wanting one.
Base? What are they going to remove from the “Touring” the, freaking engine? There’s nothing in th CTR that makes the Touring a Touring so unless the current Touring becomes the Base, and the new Touring gets sensing, blind stop monitoring, heated seats, and rear parking sensors, I’m not sure how we can even have a Base.

garoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 RYP S2K, 18 CW CTR
Country flag
I love that Sonic Gray, it's one of their nicest colors in a lot of years. I'd want that if this wasn't my forever car, because I reckon it's a bit trendy.

My only worry is that they'll refresh it and give it silver wheels, and I'll be all sad rolling around on the current ones.
“I’m sad rolling in my CTR” - No one ever.

Tim818

King Of The ‘Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
Base? What are they going to remove from the “Touring” the, freaking engine? There’s nothing in th CTR that makes the Touring a Touring so unless the current Touring becomes the Base, and the new Touring gets sensing, blind stop monitoring, heated seats, and rear parking sensors, I’m not sure how we can even have a Base.
Honda Civic 10th gen Possible new 2019 CTR color ??? C4DB95C4-44EC-4232-B7B8-FD7DBF31991E

Honda probably scrapped the plans for a base model for 2018, so who knows what they’re gonna do for 2019.

Tim818

King Of The ‘Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
Too lazy to find what someone posted months ago the base model was supposed to receive 18” wheels and halogen lights, my guess is no nav and other tid bits.

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
I would swap for 18s

willimo

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Civic, 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Base? What are they going to remove from the “Touring” the, freaking engine? There’s nothing in th CTR that makes the Touring a Touring...
The nav, which is a weird choice anyway.

4DaFanS

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 s2000 & 2018 Type R
Country flag
Word!!

garoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 RYP S2K, 18 CW CTR
Country flag
Too lazy to find what someone posted months ago the base model was supposed to receive 18” wheels and halogen lights, my guess is no nav and other tid bits.
Having the nav doesn’t cost them a penny more, maybe $5 for the antenna, which is needed anyway for HD radio.

I can see the 18” Wheels, and the halogen and projector lamps. But those two things are hardly a downgrade from Touring to base.

If my theory of the Touring becoming a real Touring first in order for the current Touring to become a base doesn’t pan out. Then the only way to downgrade the current Touring to a base is:

1. All season tires
2. 18” wheels
3. No adaptive suspension. Defaulted to “R” mode.
4. Dinosaur ass wiping cloth material in the front seats just like the rear seats and found all over the Si. Also known as “dishwashing” cloth.
5. Regular non aluminum plastic shift knob.
6. Non leather steering wheel
7. No faux carbon fiber inside or out.
8. One less tip on the exhaust
9. No air conditioning
10. Manual handbrake (yes please)
11. No auto rev match or shift position indicator (saved $ on those components)
13. Civic LX radio
14. LED lights delete everywhere
15. Carton of eggs material roof lining like the Honda Fit
That kinda shit.

Tim818

King Of The ‘Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
Having the nav doesn’t cost them a penny more, maybe $5 for the antenna, which is needed anyway for HD radio.

I can see the 18” Wheels, and the halogen and projector lamps. But those two things are hardly a downgrade from Touring to base.

If my theory of the Touring becoming a real Touring first in order for the current Touring to become a base doesn’t pan out. Then the only way to downgrade the current Touring to a base is:

1. All season tires
2. 18” wheels
4. Dinosaur ass wiping cloth material in the front seats just like the rear seats and found all over the Si. Also known as “dishwashing” cloth.
9. No air conditioning
13. Civic LX radio
That kinda shit.
Lol people here bitch and complain about not having a volume knob, they’re definitely going to complain about having no AC.

SpicyMcFatburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1976 Datsun 280Z
Country flag

1. All season tires
2. 18” wheels
9. No air conditioning
13. Civic LX radio
That kinda shit.
1. Maybe
2. Maybe, as well
3. Highly doubtful
4. Maybe
5. Doubtful because it's not an expensive part
6. See #5
7. Maybe, but probably not
8. The middle tip reduces drone, so I doubt they'd change that
9. Are there any modern cars that do this nowadays? I doubt Honda would
10. This would involve entirely new interior trim pieces, which would be more costly for Honda.
11. Isn't rev match just an ECU thing? Same with shift indicator? It would save very little to remove htose.
12. Did you forget 12? lol
13. Maybe
14. Maybe
15. Maybe, even though I don't know what this means.

I feel like people see the two trim levels in Honda's system because overseas there is a base Type R and a Touring Type R, but in the US Honda opted to only sell the Touring Type R because Americans are greedy and want the best. I bet there are a number of people who chose the Type R because of its exclusivity over anything else. Drop the price down to ~$30k and remove some features and people will either go lower and buy an Si or go for a WRX or lightly used STi, or maybe an Evo X.

RatedR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Integra GS-R (sold). 2000 Integra Type R (sold). 2017 Civic Type R.
Country flag

1. All season tires
2. 18” wheels
9. No air conditioning
13. Civic LX radio
That kinda shit.
I believe I read somewhere (or maybe heard from a reliable source) that Honda looked at stripping out a lot of creature comforts to make a more "bare bones track" CTR and when it was all said and done the weight savings was very minimal. So other than a possible cost savings, not sure it's worth it. And with the CTR already the low cost leader in the segment for the performance you get, why bother going through that trouble?

redwing497

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda S2000, 2019 CW CTR
Country flag
Could one of the two VINs in the iN system be a special edition of some sort? Honda has the black edition or something for other models, yes?

krees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R & 2020 Ridgeline BE
Country flag
I hope there are other variants so we can finally end adm. I want the touring ctr but at MSRP or better and I'm too lazy to spend the next 9 months searching for one. More variants means more supply (hopefully) which should bring prices down. At least that's my hope (or if they put a detuned 2.0t in a future si I'd be ok with that too).