Possible new 2019 CTR color ???

yargk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R, '16 GT4, '19 GSW 4motion 6mt
Country flag
Uhg, I quite like sonic gray. I really wish one could order a type R through the dealer to spec instead of the "what color did the one good dealer willing to deal get?" crapshoot.
Sponsored

Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2016 Accord Sport
Country flag
the more I see of that polished metal, the more I almost wish my car wasn't going to be black....wow, that is an amazing color...But it's not exactly like you can be picky about color, especially if it's at MSRP, you just take what the allocation gods give you.
I love mine in PMM

lawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ABM type r
Country flag
the more I see of that polished metal, the more I almost wish my car wasn't going to be black....wow, that is an amazing color...But it's not exactly like you can be picky about color, especially if it's at MSRP, you just take what the allocation gods give you.
That photo has some HDR processing on it so don't feel too bad. I had my heart set on PMM but did not love it in person. Didn't help that it was inside a dealership and overcast outside.

heavyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F87
Country flag
That photo has some HDR processing on it so don't feel too bad. I had my heart set on PMM but did not love it in person. Didn't help that it was inside a dealership and overcast outside.
HDR usually makes the gray scale colors pop much more than they do in real life. Even the sonic grey is misrepresented in that picture.

9000RPM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR // '14 Cayenne
Country flag
You just have to have patience. I waited an additional 8 months to get my PMM. Passed up on the black and red.

HONDA X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
Country flag
here is Sonic Grey/Gray/Whatever with less fugly HDR

less hdr.jpg
I prefer the polished metal metallic any day over the sonic gray. I think itā€™s the best color offered on a CTR and gives the CTR a racing touch in a classy way. My second choice would be rally red.

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
Honda should have gone with the Phoenix Yellow....maybe special edition? That Sonic Grey is disgusting...

HatchorNada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic Hatch
What I don't get is why they don't offer Cosmic blue instead of the lunar grey pearl since they already have a gray in the PMM. just my opine, fellowes. carry on, meow.

Last edited:

garoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 RYP S2K, 18 CW CTR
Country flag
" I traded in my Phoenix yellow CTR for a Phoenix yellow CTR and it's awesome !"
I hope you guys realize heā€™s so ā€œIn the knowā€ more than the two of you, that he knows when the end of production of CTRs will be, and the fact that Phoenix yellow is not coming at all, just like it hasnā€™t come in decades.

HONDA X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
Country flag
Has not been officially confirmed by Honda but very high probability.
IMO I donā€™t think there is going to be a 2019 CTR. I guess itā€™s always good for people to keep hope and something to talk about to keep the conversation going. Also, around where I live they are still being sold with adm and nothing has been changed about that. It seems like the demand for this car is higher than itā€™s production rate.

Last edited:

O Haiii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
acura
Country flag
IMO I donā€™t think there is going to be a 2019 CTR. I guess itā€™s always good for people to keep hope and something to talk about to keep the conversation going. Also, around where I live they are still being sold with adm and nothing has been changed about that. It seems like the demand for this car is higher than itā€™s production rate.
socal is not the center of the world. Outside of where you live plenty of people are paying msrp. Socal is and has been and always will be the outlier. Whether or not they will produce the 19s is your opinion as it is mine and only time will tell. I hope they do but who knows.

Tim818

King Of The ā€˜Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
I hope you guys realize heā€™s so ā€œIn the knowā€ more than the two of you, that he knows when the end of production of CTRs will be, and the fact that Phoenix yellow is not coming at all, just like it hasnā€™t come in decades.
Not trying to be a jerk here, but if he is ā€œin the knowā€ why did he get the engine for the Civic Si wrong?

Honda Civic 10th gen Possible new 2019 CTR color ??? 057342EA-4476-489E-A7CA-3C8023A90F65
Sponsored