brianric

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brianric.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Homelink garage opener would be a nice option and they definitely need to conceal the backup camera better as it gets dirty/blurry way to fast in a wet / winter climate... not that a compact sedan needs one in the first place imo but it may as well be less prone to getting dirty if it is there..... .
No backup camera would have meant no sale to me. By 2018 all cars will require a backup camera.
Sponsored

Negative3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Same here, my dealer left both of my rear seat heaters turned on as well.. Luckily I discovere I'm still unsure of why they went to a dual muffler design.. the tips are barely shown to the public.. I'm guessing this creates a quieter muffler and extra backpressure maybe but still unclear why.
No backup camera would have meant no sale to me. By 2018 all cars will require a backup camera.
Fair enough. This one is subjective , I could take it or leave it but I certainly see why some prefer it. Im used to driving bigger cargo vans and those u-haul style box/cube trucks for my work - where you dont even get a rear-view mirror much less a backup camera...

schen72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura RL Tech, 2008 Acura RDX Tech, 2016 Acura ILX Tech A-SPEC
Coming from a 2013 fully loaded BMW 335i.. I could make a list of things the BMW had I wish the Civic had.. but the Civic has at least 90-95% of those features included now, a mighty departure from the basic 2015 models.

For example, I'm really missing my surround-view cameras on the BMW.. The down-side visible of all sides of your car is a game changer when it comes to parallel parking/parking in general. Never will have wheel curb issues with the surround view.

I also enjoyed the under-handle LED lights that shine down on all exterior door handles.. It's classy and provides a lot of ground light for safey/and or if you drop something at night and need to go looking for it (done this many times).

The back door panels do not have illuminated window switches on the Civic..

We need traditional blind spot monitoring with the yellow LED light in the mirrors..

Heated steering wheel.

Soft open glovebox with light

Illuminated interior door panels (for door handle, etc visibility).

Digital seat heater switches for the rear passengers (not physical toggle switches).. People tend to leave the physical toggles turned on and you could go months with your rear seats being heated in the summer for no good reason, lowering the life of the heater wiring in the seats.

Rear A/C cents would be nice but Honda probably would say the cabin isn't really large enough to benefit from them (like the Accord that has them).

Front and rear proximity sensors would be helpful, another layer of "you're getting too close to stuff".. The rear cam serves as a fine replacement to rear prox but front prox for pulling as close as you can do certain things is a must for me.

Interior compass/homelink (commonly mentioned, hoping to see a bolt-on replacement soon for us).

I'll add more features to this as I think of them.

If you take a late model Lexus, they typically have even more features over a BMW!
Much of what you're asking is available on the 2016 Acura ILX. Not that much more money and a better powertrain.

Jon Snow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic Blue Metallic
Country flag
Seat and mirror (rear and side) angle memories on the Touring.

18" wheel option (with a cleaner, less-busy alloy design).

Adjust angle of front headrests.

Lockable glove box and maybe center console.

Auto-folding side mirrors when parked.

Back to those nice Honda physical dials for audio volume and fan speed.

And I agree it needs blind spot monitors (lose the side camera is fine) and rear cross-traffic alert.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Seat and mirror (rear and side) angle memories on the Touring.

18" wheel option (with a cleaner, less-busy alloy design).

Adjust angle of front headrests.

Lockable glove box and maybe center console.

Auto-folding side mirrors when parked.

Back to those nice Honda physical dials for audio volume and fan speed.

And I agree it needs blind spot monitors (lose the side camera is fine) and rear cross-traffic alert.
So you're practically asking for an TLX Advance or Elite (Canadian) here

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
This thread is complete garbage to be honest. Sure, it's an internet forum and you have freedom of speech and it's always fun to speculate what's available next year, but read the replies on this thread and you realize that it's completely unrealistic to the point where it's not worth the effort to type out.

First of all, to debate next MY possible changes and upgrades in FEBRUARY.... Come on people, the car just came out. The next MY is usually better than the last, so if you keep debating on 'holding off' your purchase, you'll be stuck in a limbo all the time for the next MY.

We're talking about a car that people are getting for $26,000 OTD here. OTD so the selling price is a couple thousand less. I'll give you locking glovebox and trunk among other non tech items that they cut back on. However, you already get leather, premium audio, led headlights and all that. Do you really expect them to throw in heated steering wheel, pano roof and power fold mirrors, and seat memory? Some other cars in the class might have them, like Elantra, but they cut back on other places that the Civic doesn't. People are describing features they want that are found in $50k automobiles. Would these features eventually trickle down? In 10 years yup, but in 10 years, hopefully you'd be able to actually buy a $50,000 car that has technology trickled down from a $100k car.

At the end of the day, a lot of what people want are available in other cars, at $10000 more... FOR A REASON.

Diversion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Much of what you're asking is available on the 2016 Acura ILX. Not that much more money and a better powertrain.
You're right - but isn't the ILX still based on the previous 9th gen Civic chassis? Or did they update to the 10th gen platform for 2016?

I considered the ILX so I could get the extra options but I figured if I got the ILX, it would have to be the A-Spec Tech package (most expensive) and turned out to be an extra 6k cost or so.

Diversion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Also, I couldn't find any info that the ILX actually offers anything more tech-wise over the Touring Civic either.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Also, I couldn't find any info that the ILX actually offers anything more tech-wise over the Touring Civic either.
Rear cross traffic alert, blind spot indicator and ELS Audio system is what I think of that comes up. But yes, it's still based off the 9th gen platform. It's not a bad platform quite frankly and the chassis is actually tops in the class, it was just let down by the powertrain in the Civic but it's a non issue for the ILX.

Diversion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Rear cross traffic alert, blind spot indicator and ELS Audio system is what I think of that comes up. But yes, it's still based off the 9th gen platform. It's not a bad platform quite frankly and the chassis is actually tops in the class, it was just let down by the powertrain in the Civic but it's a non issue for the ILX.
I find the stock 450watt 10-speaker in the Touring Civic to be great.. although the sub is overpowering, rattles/vibrates or something.. I heard there's a fix Honda will address for this. I just find turning it down a lot fixes it and the bass still sounds good.

I just like the squattier look of the new Civic chassis and then I would have probably bought the ILX if it had the new squatty/low look of the new Civic. Maybe in '17 but I'm pretty much done swapping cars every year, it's bad for my wallet.

Threemaples

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX, 2011 Hyundai Sante Fe
Already decided the Civic is my next car. However, I was thinking what might make the Civic a better car, for me at least.
I can think of two things: if it had blind spot monitor and rear cross traffic alert vs. just the camera on the passenger side. Blind spot and cross traffic alerts have been the most useful sensors, ever.
Secondly, if they added a homelink enabled rear view mirror option.
I honestly don't understand why Honda decided not to have these features...
So question is, for current owners, is the passenger camera system useful or comparable to a simple blind sport monitor/yellow alert light?
Perhaps Honda will add these features in 2017. I have already sent a not to corporate :)
Sometimes you have to be careful waiting for the next model year...sometimes companies take options out or lower quality of trim pieces throughout a model life...given low level of Canadian dollar, I expect Honda to raise prices in Canada next year a bit or some tweaking on Canadian options.

Diversion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sometimes you have to be careful waiting for the next model year...sometimes companies take options out or lower quality of trim pieces throughout a model life...given low level of Canadian dollar, I expect Honda to raise prices in Canada next year a bit or some tweaking on Canadian options.
I don't know, since 2012 Honda made improvements every year to the Civic, although I wouldn't say any year is avoidable except for the 2012 (lol).

I just hope that the first year of the 10th gen isn't going to be a "black sheep" as the 2012 was for the 9th.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
They'll keep this model for a few years before the refresh.... Let's be honest the 2012 was a piece of shit...

Diversion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They'll keep this model for a few years before the refresh.... Let's be honest the 2012 was a piece of shit...
Just hoping the refresh doesn't make me want to trade mine in on.. I'm trying to just be happy with what I have for at least 5+ years. This is supposed to be my daily car and looking at something fast/fun to keep in the garage in about 2 years.. A Type R possibly but if they are only making about 500 a year that doesn't sound easily acquirable.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Just hoping the refresh doesn't make me want to trade mine in on.. I'm trying to just be happy with what I have for at least 5+ years. This is supposed to be my daily car and looking at something fast/fun to keep in the garage in about 2 years.. A Type R possibly but if they are only making about 500 a year that doesn't sound easily acquirable.
You do realize that's the whole point of a refresh right?... To make you want to trade in and pay them money again?...
Sponsored