nicky8668

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Sedan
Country flag
Im glad im not the only one who experienced this....I'm so use to it now that I get passengers asking what the noise is...I'm just hoping its normal since its always been there since new for me
Mine has 3 miles when I took delivery and had the same noise. Don’t worry too much, worst case just get a brand new crate engine and drop it in. It’s just a $7000 Honda engine. Enjoy.
Sponsored

nicky8668

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
And I never keep mine under 2500 rpm on the road, so I don’t really hear anything. :spaz:

whytfwontthiswork

First Name
s
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Country flag
Mine has 3 miles when I took delivery and had the same noise. Don’t worry too much, worst case just get a brand new crate engine and drop it in. It’s just a $7000 Honda engine. Enjoy.
Guess we found mr. Money bags ?

nicky8668

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Guess we found mr. Money bags ?
You missed the point. A $7k brand new crate engine is a lot better than spending $4k and get an used engine from a wrecked car. I only buy vehicles which have crate engines available. That’s the sole reason I chose F250 7.3L gas over GM and Ram. When the worst thing happen, you know you can get a brand new engine and restart the game.

ShaRm3064

First Name
Sharmilan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda CIvic Type R #3064 Crystal Black Pearl
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I always blamed the lack of balance shafts on the k20c1 engine causing weird resonance/vibration. SO every time something rattles/makes noise I just say to myself "because racecar"

OP
OP
408Los

408Los

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
Does it make the noise while idle?
ive driven it more and nothing funky going on besides the noise.

DerekitoyMD

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
I have the same noise as described. Will be prominent at 1500 rpm and disappears above that. There’s also a similar sound in the engine bay on the left side when facing the engine. I think that’s where its coming from. No performance issues and it just annoys me from time to time. I’ll post a video on where i found it on my engine

https://youtube.com/shorts/CCu44Trq3AE?feature=share

bizlipkick

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type-R #44105
Country flag
Mine has been doing it since 200 miles, no over revs, makes the exact same noise but can hear nothing when the door is open. I genuinely think everything is okay. Mine is only below 1500 also.

bizlipkick

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type-R #44105
Country flag
If it was a legit knock, it would do it all the time. I noticed when it is cooler outside, I have much less noise. Maybe car is pulling timing during hot weather and causes the noise- either way I am just turning the radio up!

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Is everyone with that noise running 0W-20 OEM Honda oil? Noticed after changing to 5W-20 my engine runs better and quieter.

bizlipkick

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type-R #44105
Country flag
Is everyone with that noise running 0W-20 OEM Honda oil? Noticed after changing to 5W-20 my engine runs better and quieter.
Dumb question, don't slap me, does that void the warranty? Assuming we get it done at a Honda dealership?

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
You're fine as long as it isn't below -20 degrees F and it meets API certification. It's minor but the cold start flow is better with 0w-20. Being in SC it's a minor difference.
Sponsored