Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
The only noise I've ever heard isn't really a noise, it's the valves clattering for the first few 1-2 seconds of the oil pressure building at crank, once that happens the clatter goes away.
When idling at any temp I can faintly hear the valve train but that sound I take as normal. I give Honda engine guys credit for the engine being so quiet I can hear the valve train.
I've never shifted WOT by dumping the clutch in 2nd and up, and never money shifted, so I realize my opinion is from a set of circumstances outside of a lot of the drivers (posting in the forum).
Sponsored

Plowe9936

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 typeR and 2022 pilot trail sport
I have the same noise . It’s had me worried to death my car is a 2021 just turned 17k miles … I’ve been in touch with the dealer I purchased the car from about two weeks ago . Which the dealer is about 3 hours away .. I’m having the 2nd local Honda dealer check it out this week . I’m making sure it’s good before I tune the car . Also I want to make sure before my 30 days is up especially if it’s an over rev code. Because then it’s definitely on the dealership that I bought it from to fix the issue.

Plowe9936

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 typeR and 2022 pilot trail sport
Is everyone with that noise running 0W-20 OEM Honda oil? Noticed after changing to 5W-20 my engine runs better and quieter.
I was wondering about this ? Changing the oil … but a Honda tech said not to bc the oil wouldn’t go through all the ports it needed to if I used thicker /heavier weight