Possible knocking noise?

408Los

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
Started to notice this noise on the car. Don’t know if it’s always been there or not since I mostly have the windows down and I can’t hear it then. Bought the car used back in Nov 2020 and have put 5k (bit over 20k miles on the clock) miles into it at this point. Has anyone else noticed this noise, is it normal to this engine?

https://youtube.com/shorts/8owX_vCMKLM?feature=share
Sponsored

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yikes...
can you pop up the hood and put the phone somewhere so we can hear better the engine...and do the same thing..maybe pop the hood and do the same but while filming put the phone out the window and forward toward the engine bay as much as you can...with the hood open.

OP
OP
408Los

408Los

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
Had my gf help me real quick. I could t hear anything outside like the inside. But then again I’ve never heard it with the hood open. Checked oil and it is fine. @yansag1982

@whytfwontthiswork it’s audible at idle to about 1500 rpm. Don’t hear it besides that range.

Last edited:

whytfwontthiswork

First Name
s
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Country flag
Had my gf help me real quick. I could t hear anything outside like the inside. But then again I’ve never heard it with the hood open. Checked oil and it is fine. @yansag1982

@whytfwontthiswork it’s audible at idle to about 1500 rpm. Don’t hear it besides that range.
I can still kind of hear it with hood open. Try listening/filming around the bumper area from the front. I hear mine mostly there

websitesdown

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI , 2023 Civic Sport
Country flag
I can still kind of hear it with hood open. Try listening/filming around the bumper area from the front. I hear mine mostly there
If he isolates the sound using software you'll hear it way better.

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Keep us posted. I know Direct Injection cars are noisy.

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I concur, that doesn’t sound normal at all. This engine makes some funny noises but that isn’t one of them. Should definitely get it checked out ASAP.