TypeRNY

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
So I know a lot of the people on this forum are also members of the owners group on Fb. But I trust the forums a little more than the facebook mechanic.

Don’t know if anyone else saw it but someone made a post that they were 6k miles in, and while in their driveway, no anti lag, a rod blow out of his cylinder. He was full bolt ons and OTS Hondata map.

have a lot of people experience issues like this or any other kind of issues after going OTS with any kind of bolt ons FBO or not? Just gauging concern as I am looking to pull this trigger is on this ASAP. My mods would be intake catless dp and stock pipe. Thanks for the insight!
Sponsored

roflitzjinno

First Name
Jinno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000
Country flag
There's gotta be more behind this story. Having owned FlashPro for my S2000 (granted not boosted) I haven't seen any issues and that car has seen 10K miles of straight abuse on track with 126K on the motor. I've had some miss shifts and overheating on 115+ degree weather.

Noize

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2017 GTI SE DSG
Country flag
More to the story for sure. We just don’t know it. I messaged that guy on Facebook, and got the map and mod info-

Hondata basemap used: 93 octane, DP, intercooler, improved throttle response.

Modifications installed on car: PRL full exhaust with catless downpipe, PRL intercooler, and intake.

Since that time, other people were being rude to him, and he took down his post. He didn’t supply any other information, so that’s all I have.

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
More to the story for sure. We just don’t know it. I messaged that guy on Facebook, and got the map and mod info-

Hondata basemap used: 93 octane, DP, intercooler, improved throttle response.

Modifications installed on car: PRL full exhaust with catless downpipe, PRL intercooler, and intake.

Since that time, other people were being rude to him, and he took down his post. He didn’t supply any other information, so that’s all I have.
hard to see that happening in driveway.

I have the PRL intake, fp, and exhaust. With the 93 base map (no Intercooler) already hit 100% fuel pump at 4500 and needed fuel on the upper end. So it’s possible that you could to if you haven’t data logged.

I attribute the 100% duty to the PRL intake. It’s exactly where they were seeing gains and the added fuel I needed to add is right where they had fuel trims “near 1 to 4% of oem”. I just happened to outside the norm.

You must datalog.

Having said that, on a stock car with perhaps just exhaust and fp, the 91 tune is probably very safe.

The throttle response adjustment, full power 1-2, and traction control on the OEM map is still very compelling upgrade - even if expensive.

OP
OP
TypeRNY

TypeRNY

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
hard to see that happening in driveway.

I have the PRL intake, fp, and exhaust. With the 93 base map (no Intercooler) already hit 100% fuel pump at 4500 and needed fuel on the upper end. So it’s possible that you could to if you haven’t data logged.

I attribute the 100% duty to the PRL intake. It’s exactly where they were seeing gains and the added fuel I needed to add is right where they had fuel trims “near 1 to 4% of oem”. I just happened to outside the norm.

You must datalog.

Having said that, on a stock car with perhaps just exhaust and fp, the 91 tune is probably very safe.

The throttle response adjustment, full power 1-2, and traction control on the OEM map is still very compelling upgrade - even if expensive.
I’ll be doing Hondata in the next month or so with intake and downpipe only. Very excited to see what just off the shelf will do
Sponsored