Possible facelift for 2019 SI

Paprocjo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI, 2016 Mazda CX-5
Country flag
Went to the dealership Saturday to order as SI since they couldn't find what I was looking for. When the salesman went to order it he found out there would be no more 2018's being built and that the 2019 would be receiving a face-lift. He couldn't give me any details other then it would only be effecting the exterior of the car. Who knows what's actually true but we could be seeing a new look on the SI for 2019. I think he must have confused it with the already announced changes for other 2019 Civic trims. :dunno:
Sponsored

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Went to the dealership Saturday to order as SI since they couldn't find what I was looking for. When the salesman went to order it he found out there would be no more 2018's being built and that the 2019 would be receiving a face-lift. He couldn't give me any details other then it would only be effecting the exterior of the car. Who knows what's actually true but we could be seeing a new look on the SI for 2019. I think he must have confused it with the already announced changes for other 2019 Civic trims. :dunno:
I hope they don't UGLY it up like the R !!

(Just my personal opinion .. R owner, please do not get bent all out of shape -- I cannot afford an R in any case, so that is one thing that makes it UGLY to me!!)

OP
OP
Paprocjo

Paprocjo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I hope they don't UGLY it up like the R !!

(Just my personal opinion .. R owner, please do not get bent all out of shape -- I cannot afford an R in any case, so that is one thing that makes it UGLY to me!!)
He said the price would only go up by 100-200 dollars if at all. :headbang:

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
i know a tech who works at a stealership, and according to him the 2019 si will be made in japan. je seemed confident when he told me so maybe there will be an exterior update.
and regarding the R, ive never liked the way it looks. mainly because the ugly spoiler is too subaru like. it doesnt fit the rest of the body imo. ive never liked HBs anyways but the R is particularly ugly.

the si coupe is hands down the best looking body style of this gen so far. the spoiler, and the oem optional side skirts gives it a very sleek aggressive look.

Driveitlikeuboughtit

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
i know a tech who works at a stealership, and according to him the 2019 si will be made in japan. je seemed confident when he told me so maybe there will be an exterior update.
and regarding the R, ive never liked the way it looks. mainly because the ugly spoiler is too subaru like. it doesnt fit the rest of the body imo. ive never liked HBs anyways but the R is particularly ugly.

the si coupe is hands down the best looking body style of this gen so far. the spoiler, and the oem optional side skirts gives it a very sleek aggressive look.
That's an interesting claim - starting up a car line and shutting one down are not simple and I would not expect such a move unless it coincided with a new model or generation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Honda_assembly_plants

I don't see any Japanese plants producing Civic right now, so it seems a leap that they would start SI specific production there when all the bits they need are already in Canada. Unless they're worried about tariffs and political instability, of course.

OP
OP
Paprocjo

Paprocjo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i know a tech who works at a stealership, and according to him the 2019 si will be made in japan. He seemed confident when he told me so maybe there will be an exterior update.
The sales guy said it would be coming from their Canada planet, but as always I take what they say with a grain of salt.

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag

I actually respect the way the Type R is designed with its additional aero kit. In my eyes the Rs outrageous functional styling looks beautiful. I’d be honoured to bring a car like that to work or pick up a date. My issue with the Type R is it’s a 4 door hatchback. I’ll only buy 2 door coupe sports cars, and as nutty as it sounds, even though I could afford it, I actually passed on the R because it was a hatchback. On a side note, my Rallye Red Si coupe actually gets more attention at work compared to the company owners numerous S and C Class Mercs and Audi’s. Prettiest looking car in the lot...lol.
If Honda were to come out with a Type R coupe, I’d most defiantly trade in my red devil Si for it

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I actually respect the way the Type R is designed with its additional aero kit. In my eyes the Rs outrageous functional styling looks beautiful. I’d be honoured to bring a car like that to work or pick up a date. My issue with the Type R is it’s a 4 door hatchback. I’ll only buy 2 door coupe sports cars, and as nutty as it sounds, even though I could afford it, I actually passed on the R because it was a hatchback. On a side note, my Rallye Red Si coupe actually gets more attention at work compared to the company owners numerous S and C Class Mercs and Audi’s. Prettiest looking car in the lot...lol.
If Honda were to come out with a Type R coupe, I’d most defiantly trade in my red devil Si for it
that doesnt sound nutty to me...because i think hatchbacks are ugly af. always have. im in my late 30s and they still dont look good to me after all these years.

VooDuuChild

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si, Boosted Street and Track Monster 91 CRX Si.
Country flag
My 2018 went into production as of today. I will receive it in late October or Early November. I made sure to get the 2018 because I was scared they would ugly it up like they did the 19 Civics. So mine will probably be one of the last rolling off the line for the 18 model...in Metallic Steeeeeeeel.....ah yeah. And I would have bought an R but every local dealership wants 5k to 20k over MSRP....eff that.

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
My 2018 went into production as of today. I will receive it in late October or Early November. I made sure to get the 2018 because I was scared they would ugly it up like they did the 19 Civics. So mine will probably be one of the last rolling off the line for the 18 model...in Metallic Steeeeeeeel.....ah yeah. And I would have bought an R but every local dealership wants 5k to 20k over MSRP....eff that.
damn dude by the time you get your 18 the 19 will be out. its supposes to be out by mid/ late november. i hope you dont regret it. i dought that honda would make it ugly. every refrsh of the si in the past few gens has always looked better.

well except the front enf og the 9th.. i like it better with the straight downward fenders vs the flairs.

VooDuuChild

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si, Boosted Street and Track Monster 91 CRX Si.
Country flag
I just didn't want to take the chance because by the time 19s arrive, it will be too late for me to get an 18 with my color choice. I can live with the 18, I think it's a fine looking ride.

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I just didn't want to take the chance because by the time 19s arrive, it will be too late for me to get an 18 with my color choice. I can live with the 18, I think it's a fine looking ride.
oh it definitely is. my 18 black si coupe is a sexy machine. are u getting the sedan or cojpe?

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Metallic Steel Coupe. I have a gravel driveway....no way can I do black haha....but black looks so nice when spotless
ive owned nothing but black hondas and acuras with the exception of 1. black 2 door hondas look sleek and aggressive.

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
It’s probably a certainty that the new Si will share the same body as the standard Civic’s. Honda isn’t gonna build a separate bumper/grille just for a limited number trim. Interesting move going for the 2018 Si, not sure what I’d do. I certainly don’t like the artist rendition of the new 2019 civic front bumper, but the new Si may have performance and engineering tweaks and improvements. Either way, you must be very excited about your upcoming Si coupe. Congratulations!
Sponsored