Possible facelift for 2019 SI

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
ive owned nothing but black hondas and acuras with the exception of 1. black 2 door hondas look sleek and aggressive.
Saw a rare black Si coupe the other week in the distance SPEEDING toward me in the opposite direction on a bumpy, undulating, hilly and narrow 2 lane road. Wow what a site! Very impressive looking car, and it just looked fierce coming down that road. It reminded me of a bat with its black colour, Headlights and wing looking a lot like a bat wing. I’ll never forget that sight.
While driving the Si, especially the coupe, being inside we just don’t realize or we forget how nice it looks while its moving. It looks great standing still, but even better when it’s moving. LOVE this car!
Sponsored

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Saw a rare black Si coupe the other week in the distance SPEEDING toward me in the opposite direction on a bumpy, undulating, hilly and narrow 2 lane road. Wow what a site! Very impressive looking car, and it just looked fierce coming down that road. It reminded me of a bat with its black colour, Headlights and wing looking a lot like a bat wing. I’ll never forget that sight.
While driving the Si, especially the coupe, being inside we just don’t realize or we forget how nice it looks while its moving. It looks great standing still, but even better when it’s moving. LOVE this car!
yes sometimes i forget how tough it looks on the outside while im driving it! i like seeing other si coupes on the road cause it reminds me of how sexy mine must look while in motion

you know whats crazy ive never seen even 1 red si coupe on the road. whenever i see other ones its either black or white

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
yes sometimes i forget how tough it looks on the outside while im driving it! i like seeing other si coupes on the road cause it reminds me of how sexy mine must look while in motion

you know whats crazy ive never seen even 1 red si coupe on the road. whenever i see other ones its either black or white
Ditto. I too like seeing other Si coupes driving. I get almost as big a thrill watching them drive around as I do actually driving mine...lol. Nice elegant small shape, nice wheels, and as you say, sexy!
Hey one question for you off topic. You mention in your description that you have summer tires installed. I just last week installed the Michelin Pilot summer tires on the Si. Could you tell me what PSI your running? My door sticker gives PSI stats for the A/S tires, but not for higher load/speed rated summer tires. Would appreciate any input.

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
i checked mine, and the psi is 33/32 F/R.

VooDuuChild

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si, Boosted Street and Track Monster 91 CRX Si.
Country flag
It’s probably a certainty that the new Si will share the same body as the standard Civic’s. Honda isn’t gonna build a separate bumper/grille just for a limited number trim. Interesting move going for the 2018 Si, not sure what I’d do. I certainly don’t like the artist rendition of the new 2019 civic front bumper, but the new Si may have performance and engineering tweaks and improvements. Either way, you must be very excited about your upcoming Si coupe. Congratulations!
I am DYING to get the car. I have a whole slew of stuff picked out for it starting with lightweight wheels and revamping the stereo system as much as I can while being limited to keeping the sub par head unit. I may do some slight tuning, but I have to remind myself I have a race car and I need to commute in this haha.

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I too eager to find out what are they going to do with the refresh on the Si in sedan and coupe. Overall I think the grill is the same in shape, but they get rid of the horizontal strips at the lower part. I hope they are not going to do much on the bumper cover.

Hopefully what they do is the interior upgrade and throw in a pair of LED headlights for the Si.

Honda Civic 10th gen Possible facelift for 2019 SI 2019-honda-civic

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It’s probably a certainty that the new Si will share the same body as the standard Civic’s. Honda isn’t gonna build a separate bumper/grille just for a limited number trim. Interesting move going for the 2018 Si, not sure what I’d do. I certainly don’t like the artist rendition of the new 2019 civic front bumper, but the new Si may have performance and engineering tweaks and improvements. Either way, you must be very excited about your upcoming Si coupe. Congratulations!
Haha...my dumb mistake. Honda actually does make a different bumper for the Si, sport and R compared to the regular Civic’s. A thousand pardons

OP
OP
Paprocjo

Paprocjo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI, 2016 Mazda CX-5
Country flag
I too eager to find out what are they going to do with the refresh on the Si in sedan and coupe. Overall I think the grill is the same in shape, but they get rid of the horizontal strips at the lower part. I hope they are not going to do much on the bumper cover.

Hopefully what they do is the interior upgrade and throw in a pair of LED headlights for the Si.

2019-honda-civic.jpg
I am secretly hoping they do the LED lights as well, lower output be damned!!!!

garoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 RYP S2K, 18 CW CTR
Country flag
i know a tech who works at a stealership, and according to him the 2019 si will be made in japan. je seemed confident when he told me so maybe there will be an exterior update.
and regarding the R, ive never liked the way it looks. mainly because the ugly spoiler is too subaru like. it doesnt fit the rest of the body imo. ive never liked HBs anyways but the R is particularly ugly.

the si coupe is hands down the best looking body style of this gen so far. the spoiler, and the oem optional side skirts gives it a very sleek aggressive look.
Non type r owners are willing to say anything to justify their non type r purchase. The Type r can have Trump’s ass as a spoiler and if it still drives the way it drives I would still buy it and clay bar that spoiler.

The Si looks great. That’s all, looks.

Honda Hopeful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Non type r owners are willing to say anything to justify their non type r purchase.
The Si looks great. That’s all, looks.
Hmm. Eliminating the double negatives leaves:

"Type r owners are willing to say anything to justify their type r purchase."

I think it's more realistic to say that every person has good reasons to buy the car they do. The Si is a great car. Handles well, great mileage and good acceleration. Perfect commuter car. Also good for families.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Well that was a zinger lol.

On topic, I'd expect the Si and CTR to get the same treatment as the base Civics. New front aero, a volume knob, a few minor functional improvements, and not much else. I'd also expect the Si to continue to share the same front aero design as the upcoming 2019 hatch. If we're lucky, the rear will get a refresh too (which is much needed on the Si sedan lol).

I will say the infotainment update looks nice:

Honda Civic 10th gen Possible facelift for 2019 SI upload_2018-9-24_22-52-18

Last edited:

Blindeye_03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR - White
Country flag
Well that was a zinger lol.

On topic, I'd expect the Si and CTR to get the same treatment as the base Civics. New front aero, a volume knob, a few minor functional improvements, and not much else. I'd also expect the Si to continue to share the same front aero design as the upcoming 2019 hatch. If we're lucky, the rear will get a refresh too (which is much needed on the Si sedan lol).

I will say the infotainment update looks nice:

upload_2018-9-24_22-52-18.png
I'm looking forward to all civics getting volume knobs so that people can finally shut up about not having one. Seriously.

hcivic12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2018
Country flag
I hope there is a refresh for the rear bumper on the sedan ! It's the only thing that's keeping me off from buying the 2018 si :(