First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Sedan 2.0 NA
Country flag
Hey everyone,

I'm pretty new to the forum, and I currently own a 2017 Civic LX Sedan with a 6 speed. I've grown really attached to the car, and started doing a few mods to it like D2 lowering springs, as well as a few shifter upgrades from acuity. Even though I have a vision for my end product with the car, the one thing holding me back is the K20C2 engine. I know there aren't very many aftermarket support options for it with all the bolt-ons adding up to around 170-180 to the wheels assuming the car is tuned. From what I've read the stock ECU in the car is unable to read positive manifold pressure which is the main reason why people haven't been boosting them. I'm wondering if the car had a reprogramed or fully swapped out ECU, would it be possible to throw some boost its way given the fuel and cooling systems are upgraded as well? If not, I was also wondering what the most logical engine swap would be for the car that would have the best balance of cost as well as power output and reliability. I know that saving up and trading for a whole new car would be the smarter bet, however I really do like this car and if there is a way to get it up to my target hp goal of around 300 - 350 to the wheels I would consider taking it. I'd love to hear some thoughts and can't wait to discuss!
Sponsored

racerguy180

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Acura Integra GS-R 2001 Acura Integra GS 2014 Acura MDX Advance
Country flag

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
What about swapping from your LX sedan to a Type R instead? ;)

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Once upon a time HPD was selling a Type-R crate engine

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What about swapping from your LX sedan to a Type R instead? ;)
Maybe he does not have the 25 000$ he's missing for a type r tho.

OP...K24

Last edited:

OP
OP

Sam Carney

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Sedan 2.0 NA
Country flag
Maybe he does not have the 25 000$ he's missing for a type r tho.

OP....K24
The K24 from the 9th gen si? or does it really matter? If i do go with the k24, should I go with a 9th gen si trans as well or go for a different 6 speed that could possibly hold more hp without upgrading the clutch and other trans parts?

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A lot of states with stricter emissions laws will not let you swap in a motor that is not on a current gen vehicle into a current gen vehicle. If the car was 25 years old or as old as the powertrain then you wouldn't have any issues. The only real option is an R or a very built Si motor.
Sponsored