Possible defective wiper blade

lucke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ABM Civic Si Coupe, 2007 LBP S2000, 2017 MLP CR-V Touring
so the car is just over 3 months old and the drivers side wiper blade streaks/smears like crazy. because of the age of the car, would this be something the dealership would/could replace? or should i just bite the bullet and spend the ~$20 on a new one?

forgive the stupid question, but it irks me a little bit that a brand new car can have something so minor be defective.
Sponsored

ParkwayDrive13

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen Ralley Red SI
Country flag
so the car is just over 3 months old and the drivers side wiper blade streaks/smears like crazy. because of the age of the car, would this be something the dealership would/could replace? or should i just bite the bullet and spend the ~$20 on a new one?

forgive the stupid question, but it irks me a little bit that a brand new car can have something so minor be defective.

What's your mileage? This should be covered under the "adjustments" warranty period. I've had my wiper blades replaced already at the dealer, under warranty. For a similar issue

OP
OP
lucke

lucke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What's your mileage? This should be covered under the "adjustments" warranty period. I've had my wiper blades replaced already at the dealer, under warranty. For a similar issue
not sure of my exact mileage, but it's between 2-3k miles

ParkwayDrive13

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen Ralley Red SI
Country flag
not sure of my exact mileage, but it's between 2-3k miles
You should be good. I had mine replaced at 4200. I believe the warranty is good for 1 year/12,000. Which ever is first. It includes alignments, wheel balances and what not as well..

BirchyBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-T 6MT
I've got 7500 on mine and they have been terrible from day 1.

oguardado

First Name
Otto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T Man.
Country flag
I live outside of Portland, OR and purchased my 2017 EX-T 2 months ago. We get crazy rain here, and it's basically been raining since January. The Civic OEM wipers are of poor quality. I know that you can change just the blades for less than $10. I have an Acura TSX with more or less the same blade system and they are great. Not sure why these stink so badly.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just replace the whole thing. I already went through 2 sets in less than 10k miles. They suck. Get some aftermarket wipers.

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
Yep . It was raining hard in SoCal lately and I had to use my wiper , and I was like this is new wiper on a new car? I have some PIAA wipers on with aquapel . 40mph + you don't really need to use wiper at all.

RainX is a rip off btw .

jmr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe, 2016 RAM QC 4x4, 2016 Dart Rallye
Country flag
I had my dealer replace them under the warranty because they were streaky crap.
The dealer didn't have any in stock so they took them off another new Civic on the lot.

There is a limited time that they will do this under warranty so get it taken care of now.

OP
OP
lucke

lucke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had my dealer replace them under the warranty because they were streaky crap.
The dealer didn't have any in stock so they took them off another new Civic on the lot.

There is a limited time that they will do this under warranty so get it taken care of now.
i just had the dealer replace my drivers side on Sat, and what a difference it makes. the service manager had never seen this with a brand new car before (even though he's heard of issues), so he was a little skeptical at first. after seeing the streaking right in the drivers line of sight, he agreed that it's a safety issue and got me in right away.

ricoxg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What is 3rd party wiper blades are compatible with the Honda Civic Si 2017 wiper blades?
Sponsored