First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Howdy yall

Up to 88k miles now, tensioner showed past due for a belt replacement so I grabbed a mistoboshi brand one because oem availability is slim near me,

I replaced the belt, the hasport motor mounts mean I was able to do it just from the engine bay and the flap held by two clips on the wheel well.

Routed it correctly, fully on the alternator, water pump, ac compressor, crank, tensioner / idler, and back to compressor based on the 1.5T diagram

As far as I can tell the auto tensioner is doing its job, but there's a whine that sounds like a deisel turbo winding down. Here's a video, this is at 10-20 percent throttle around 2200rpm

I removed the new belt, all pulleys spin fine by hand with no noise, and put the old belt on and the noise was significantly lessened, but with a close ear it is apparent it's still present.

Going to get a new oem belt asap, and try the same steps with the belt off entirely, any other thoughts?
Sponsored

OP
OP
OsirisPalko

OsirisPalko

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Problem fixed with oem belt (instead of aftermarket). I should have known better. Curse the 'supply' shortages.

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
What's the part # of the belt?

I tried replacing mine but the one I got from Honda seems to be shorter

OP
OP
OsirisPalko

OsirisPalko

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
I would have to find the package, but it is in my garage trash which hasn't been emptied yet,

For my 17 civic si (1.5T L17B7) I'm 90% sure it's 31110-5AG-Z01

Naturally a new belt will be more taught, I had to wrestle it on there. I got everything else routed, then released tension and wrapped it around the alternator. Remeber that to release tension it is clockwise per the manual
Sponsored