Possible 3.0 Type S Engine swap into a Civic Si?....

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Now this sounds crazy but just shooting it out there... I was just talking to my buddy about it this morning

Acura TLX holds the same 2.0t as the accord
The accord holds the 2.0t and our motors
All the same motor mounts
All the same mounting locations
Type R trans is able to mount to the 3.0
Type R trans swap into the Civic Si

Imagine making over 350/350 with forged internals with a much higher ceiling of power?

Idk just a crazy thought, but imagine... those 3.0 engines are beasts and could quite possibly the next great modifiable engine like the 2j
Sponsored

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When I look at my engine bay, I've never thought to myself, "wow, look how much empty space there is! Bet I could fit an engine with twice the displacement with 50% more cylinders under here"
LMAOOOOO dont make me dirty delete my post

I mean hey you never know, wont be direct drop in and go but hennything is possible. Still gotta figure trans/driveshafts/ecu but hey gotta have dreams

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 2017 Sport Hatch
Country flag
When I look at my engine bay, I've never thought to myself, "wow, look how much empty space there is! Bet I could fit an engine with twice the displacement with 50% more cylinders under here"
Hahaha that made me lol

booost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
You could probably trade your civic in and get the type s for the money it would cost to do all this. Engine/transmission swap if it would fit plus new ecu, etc... But... If we're dreaming, this would be cool to see.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
well initial dyno of that powerplant has been a disappointment so we wont know if its a "beast" or not yet.
I do hope there is a lot of headroom on it.

if 350/350 was a number you want to hit, use a k20c1 and you'd have an easier time fitting it in.

However, anything is possible with enough money.

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You could probably trade your civic in and get the type s for the money it would cost to do all this. Engine/transmission swap if it would fit plus new ecu, etc... But... If we're dreaming, this would be cool to see.
yeah for sure, thought it'd be super cool to see

but yeah without a doubt it would break the bank, don't think it would be necessarily worth it but hey you never know

L8apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport
Country flag
If you look at the engine bay of the TLX 2.0L, there’s way more room than it needs. It’s definitely more room than the Accord engine bay. In the TLX Type S engine bay, the 3.0L fits in snugly. Also keep in mind both TlXs, the battery is in the trunk, just to get that extra space under the hood.

StanMan

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Putting a V6 into a Civic would make it excessively nose heavy and would destroy the handling. V6 Accords always handled like pigs.
Sponsored