Port injection at last!!

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 CTR, MDX-S, FG4-T
Country flag
unless you’re giving out free parts for port injection I doubt the price difference will be very big?
It is cheaper. The PI base kit is ~$300, then add injectors (~800), controller ($290 for Split Second AIC1-4), $200 for Walbro 450 and fuel bits to T to new rail.

Besides the cost, the above will support nearly unlimited HP reliably. I used this for my BMW to 800+ on e85.

The Hondata solution looks great and very clean, but their projected flow increase doesn’t come close to going PI.
Sponsored

Sales@USR

First Name
USR
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.unitedspeedracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was just joking I’m sure not much less.
I am working on some pricing options for port injection setups. We went a little over the top on ours
It is cheaper. The PI base kit is ~$300, then add injectors (~800), controller ($290 for Split Second AIC1-4), $200 for Walbro 450 and fuel bits to T to new rail.

Besides the cost, the above will support nearly unlimited HP reliably. I used this for my BMW to 800+ on e85.

The Hondata solution looks great and very clean, but their projected flow increase doesn’t come close to going PI.
yes, but the injectors will be around $500 for Injector Dynamics, cheaper for other brands

turgay07

First Name
Turgay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
I am working on some pricing options for port injection setups. We went a little over the top on ours

yes, but the injectors will be around $500 for Injector Dynamics, cheaper for other brands

Can we use port injection with hondata?

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
yes, but will need auxillary fuel controller. Our time attack car is currently on Hondata, port injection, etc running 492whp on pump gas
What else have you done on the car? Asking since I like that 492hp number.

Sales@USR

First Name
USR
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What else have you done on the car? Asking since I like that 492hp number.
4Piston built block and head, FullRace EFR 7163 turbo setup, billet tapered 3.75" MAF housing, turbosmart vacumm wastegate actuator, MBC

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
yes, but will need auxillary fuel controller. Our time attack car is currently on Hondata, port injection, etc running 492whp on pump gas
That's got to be an expensive build. Watching your road Atlanta lap I would have thought on the back straight it would have gotten up a bit higher than 136mph. A lot of that is uphill though.

Are you able to bump up the redline on that build? Noticed on the telemetry it just went to 7k. What all would be required to go higher, stronger valve springs, valves, or would you need a whole new camshaft too. Thought I saw on one of 4 pistons built engines that the RPM redline was listed 7-9k

Sales@USR

First Name
USR
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Was only at just under 400whp during that video. Have only run it in the rain at Road Atlanta with 492whp and was hitting 145mph letting off early. Currently at 7800rpm due to limit in Hondata, but engine still pulls and makes power but having issue blowing wastegate open. Next year probably go to external wastegate setup and will bump up RPM more. Picked up 15mph in 5th going to 7800, which helps not have to go to 6th at road atlanta and otger tracks hopefully. Valve train needs to be upgraded for more RPM but also auxiliary fuel due to stock pump not able to supply enough over 7k RPM, unsure with the upgraded pumps.

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Was only at just under 400whp during that video. Have only run it in the rain at Road Atlanta with 492whp and was hitting 145mph letting off early. Currently at 7800rpm due to limit in Hondata, but engine still pulls and makes power but having issue blowing wastegate open. Next year probably go to external wastegate setup and will bump up RPM more. Picked up 15mph in 5th going to 7800, which helps not have to go to 6th at road atlanta and otger tracks hopefully. Valve train needs to be upgraded for more RPM but also auxiliary fuel due to stock pump not able to supply enough over 7k RPM, unsure with the upgraded pumps.
Ah that makes sense then, thought that run was the current build, my mistake. Guess I didn't look closely at the date of video.

That's so awesome. I was looking at going port injection since di is more expensive. The hondata is nice but comes with a couple things you don't really need, such as the low pressure fuel pump. I'd like to see 500hp but the cost to get there isn't worth it at this time imo.

I plan on installing the PRL drop in turbo when that's available. That'll hold me over until I save enough money for a clutch, rods, pistons, fueling solution and so on. My 93 dp/ic tune that I tweaked some makes pretty decent power, just sucks having to dial back the mid-range some in order to keep the fuel pump happy.

Last edited:

themapper

First Name
Denis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R FK8 Sport Line
Country flag
hi I want to know if someone is running port injection with split second controller to help me with calibration
Thank you

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
hi I want to know if someone is running port injection with split second controller to help me with calibration
Thank you
Unfortunately is no way to make it run properly using split second. Can be tuned ? yes, can it run full E85 and make power NO.

That why I developed our port injection fuel system. We use a standalone ECU for drive the injectors. The standalone allows us to create tables make it possible to work with Hondata.

Here is the link for our system:

S.E.S Port Injection Fuel System (Tuning Including) | My Site (seselectronicssolutions.com)

You have two options depending your power goals, ($3400 the option without fuel sender unit upgrade) also the price included tuning.

Here some examples of Rs running our kit:

S.E.S. Electronics Solutions LLC (@seselectronicssolutions) • Instagram photos and videos

Lem me know if you have questions.

Alex.

themapper

First Name
Denis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R FK8 Sport Line
Country flag
i am running 100 octane eu fuel and with port injection with decrease in calculated EGT tables on 30psi max boost avarege is 28 psi 29psi. Target AFR is 11.8 and actual is 11.8 also. So it is working I wii make a photo from dyno next week
Sponsored