Jpierro79

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 type R 2015 c300
Country flag
we are working on a full kit and builders kit for port injection but we are a small company and have a lot going on and more than just Civic Type R development. Many companies are working on parts and it takes time to make sure all is right and most dont strictly work on one model at one time. Just as tuning didnt come right away when the car was released.....give it time and more and more will come. We have been using a port injection setup on our shop time attack Civic Type R for months now, but our setup is more involved than most want to do, also pricey.
Well Iā€™m glad somebody is trying and I understand there are a lot if cars but honestly see more support for the SI which one would think that type r would be the go to car to mod. Thanks for replying I appreciate feedback very much. Ignore some of my spelling if itā€™s off cause I have bad carpel tunnel and after a full day of turning a wrench Iā€™m all thumbs lol.
Sponsored

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Well Iā€™m glad somebody is trying and I understand there are a lot if cars but honestly see more support for the SI which one would think that type r would be the go to car to mod. Thanks for replying I appreciate feedback very much. Ignore some of my spelling if itā€™s off cause I have bad carpel tunnel and after a full day of turning a wrench Iā€™m all thumbs lol.
Si is more affordable, more people have it

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
It would be wrong of us to invoke @PRL Motorsports to ask them how the Type R version of this kit is coming, wouldn't it? We should most definitely not do that.

SHIFTT_IX_MR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 WW EVO 9 MR 548AWHP @ 30psi w/ E85; 2018 CBP Civic Type R #21151 - DD
Country flag
Question: Why not put the R&D into upgrading the existing pumps? Isn't the main bottle neck of the fuel system the pumps?

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have read that the NSX pump will fit the Type R with a little jiggering. Itā€™s been speculated that the NSX pump may flow more than the Rā€™s stock pump, but no one with the capability to test this has done so yet.

I am considering buying one (itā€™s like $200 or so) and reaching out to @D-RobIMW to see if heā€™d be willing to test this like he tested the SI vs EX-T rods a ways back.

OP
OP

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Letā€™s not harass PRL to see if they have one for the FK8 in the works ;) @davemarco @17CivicTypeR_Brian
D18B0A5D-1009-4299-9B83-C17D649F43AB.jpeg
Sadly, I hit them up a couple weeks ago about it. haha!

Question: Why not put the R&D into upgrading the existing pumps? Isn't the main bottle neck of the fuel system the pumps?
I think it's a good idea but not for PRL to do necessarily. No offense to PRL at all, but that seems like the work of a company that already makes HP fuel pumps...someone like Bosche(ID) or DW.

I have read that the NSX pump will fit the Type R with a little jiggering. Itā€™s been speculated that the NSX pump may flow more than the Rā€™s stock pump, but no one with the capability to test this has done so yet.

I am considering buying one (itā€™s like $200 or so) and reaching out to @D-RobIMW to see if heā€™d be willing to test this like he tested the SI vs EX-T rods a ways back.
Do it! I'm curious.

I don't wish ill on anyone, but I wish someone local had their engine out of the car so I could check some stuff out from other angles.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sadly, I hit them up a couple weeks ago about it. haha!

I think it's a good idea but not for PRL to do necessarily. No offense to PRL at all, but that seems like the work of a company that already makes HP fuel pumps...someone like Bosche(ID) or DW.

Do it! I'm curious.

I don't wish ill on anyone, but I wish someone local had their engine out of the car so I could check some stuff out from other angles.
I still might. 4P indicated that they're testing two different ones, so there's hope there as well.

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 CTR, MDX-S, FG4-T
Country flag
In for updates. This seems like a good option, coupled with a controller like one from Split Second. Easy to program and pretty reliable.

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
In for updates. This seems like a good option, coupled with a controller like one from Split Second. Easy to program and pretty reliable.
you must not have seen the news from Hondata yet today.

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads