Port injection at last!!

averagetrackdriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 S2000
Country flag
I'd be more concerned about the reliability of the motor before worrying about the stock turbo. I've seen a couple of people grenade their CTR by stepping the torque too high. Sure the tune helps but you still need to factor oem part limitations. It's best to upgrade to robust parts designed for high power applications versus taking a risk that could cost you thousands more than a piston and rod swap.
That's an interesting point about those who increased the torque on their CTRs. Do you know why they choose to increase torque over hp? My interest would be an increase in the high-end hp and knowing how much of an increase one would get by simply applying port injection and keeping the rest of the engine stock, like the turbo. You're right about being concerned about the reliability of the motor.
Sponsored

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looking forward to how this kit performs.

Patrick Bateman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 FK8, ‘19 XC60 R-Design, ‘17 ZL1, ‘02 SS
Country flag
There’s a bunch of people running it. They’re just not on here.

FriscoBrah

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Championship White Civic Type R
Country flag
Aside from power, another benefit from Port Injection is to reduce oil residue direct fuel injected engines suffer from, we might see this on the CTR engine.
Highly doubtful it will be on the CTR in OEM form. There’s no reason to considering production is coming to an end and the financials associated with it makes it a non-starter.

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
Someone still tossing up high hopes on HP? 800 of it no doubt...Takes a ton more than a turbo and PI to achieve/support that on a 2L.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Two 10th Gen SI's with the 1.5L turbo have already hit 500+ hp. Once a full port injection kit becomes available, more power will be possible.

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I believe a water/meth kit keeps the valves clean as well also gives you lower iac temps.

Jpierro79

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 type R 2015 c300
Country flag
Too bad nobody wants to make any type of kit. It’s like the manufacturers won’t make it cause the timers have no solution and the tuning company’s won’t make the software cause there’s no hardware.
I literally the excuse from one if the two major tuning company’s that the next stage would not be released until the “hardware was available”.
It’s like well how about you get rich by being first to make it.
4 piston racing already sells fully built engines fir type r. What’s the excuse for everyone else??
Unless we go full motel for thousands more than we don’t need the tuning company’s.
Somebody seriously is dropping the ball.

OP
OP

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Too bad nobody wants to make any type of kit. It’s like the manufacturers won’t make it cause the timers have no solution and the tuning company’s won’t make the software cause there’s no hardware.
I literally the excuse from one if the two major tuning company’s that the next stage would not be released until the “hardware was available”.
4 piston racing already sells fully built engines fir type r. What’s the excuse for everyone else??
Unless we go full motel for thousands more than we don’t need the tuning company’s.
All I can say is stay tuned!

Sales@USR

First Name
USR
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.unitedspeedracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
we are working on a full kit and builders kit for port injection but we are a small company and have a lot going on and more than just Civic Type R development. Many companies are working on parts and it takes time to make sure all is right and most dont strictly work on one model at one time. Just as tuning didnt come right away when the car was released.....give it time and more and more will come. We have been using a port injection setup on our shop time attack Civic Type R for months now, but our setup is more involved than most want to do, also pricey.

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
I honestly don’t think enough people care to get companies racing to put this out. I know I’m not overly interested, I think 5-600hp would make the car too much to handle on track, not to mention overheating issues. With TC now though who knows.
Sponsored