Pops and cracks on deceleration

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
I have the catless downpipe and just did a muffler delete and running ktuner/my tune and I get a little bit. Sounds best when just remind it to about 2k and letting off though. I still don't get anything much letting off higher up or during shifts around 3-4 just normal driving. I'll get a sound clip up later.

EDIT* Here's the clip, not really what you are after but it's something. I had MHD on my Bimmer and the "exhaust burble" setting or whatever it was did sound pretty awesome!

this clip is pulled from something else so I just left the antilag sound (a mellow one at that) in there.

Last edited:

themaincop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan (SOLD), 2021 GTI Autobahn
Country flag
I would love this as well, I don't necessary want a loud exhaust but man I love pops and crackles

l15b7allturbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I get pops when I'm rev matching. It happens here and there with a prl catted downpipe and front pipe.

i also get gargling sound with some pops when i ride out 1st or 2nd gear and let off

FK7SL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord Sport, 2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport, 2015 BMW M3
Country flag
I'm coming off of a 335i with the gurgle tune as well! Miss the sound. Do you think a tune with muffler delete can still give similar effects or I MUST get a dp along the way. Dp won't be anytime soon as I wish to hold off from modding a bit :( Priorities are in order at the moment. Planning on running the starter 21 psi map

dredsen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe , 2017 CRV Ex
Country flag
My si gurgled just like that with nothing more than a muffler delete. When i added the flowmaster dbx i lost all but a slight gurgle on first revs, but i gained incredible tone compared to the delete alone.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
I get pops when I'm rev matching. It happens here and there with a prl catted downpipe and front pipe.

i also get gargling sound with some pops when i ride out 1st or 2nd gear and let off
How is the exhaust smell on your catted DP? I had read that even a high flow cat will still smell not great.

RyanK

2017 Black FK7
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I apologize as I am from the school of necromancy, however I bump with the best intentions!

This man here is running KTuner V2, with a 3" cattless Downpipe and Thermal R&D Catback Exhaust.

Tons of Snap, Crackle, and Popping!

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
Xgenalliance dudes car pops pretty good if I remember right, maybe find him on YouTube and ask about his setup too.

VooDuuChild

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si, Boosted Street and Track Monster 91 CRX Si.
Country flag
How is the exhaust smell on your catted DP? I had read that even a high flow cat will still smell not great.
Been driving boosted and N/A rigs for years without cats.....it's the smell of freedom. ;-)