Davidb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic hatchback exl
Country flag
So i have a 2017 civic hatchback exl , little to none experience with cars and their mechanisms/stats/terms or whatever you want to call it. I want a little more out of my car since i really love driving around and just being in the vehicle. I would like to upgrade whatever i can but on the low end cost wise , if theres any reccomendations Or help feel free to share . So far the furthest ive gone is to replace the sode markers with some $20 smokes ones and installed honda hack which has been alot of fun , any reccomendations are welcome thanks
Sponsored

'19Sport6Man

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport, 2013 Mazda MX-5 Grand Touring
Country flag
6-speed or manual?

If 6-speed you can look into replacing the shifter with an OEM SI or TypeR shifter - that's what I'm about to do on my 6-speed Sport.

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ah yes I've been in ur position years ago when I just started school

Some things to consider is a cheap eBay lip ($30-$50), plastidipping some emblems/wheels or any chrome trims ($10), led interior lights ($10-$30), led signals/reverse lights ($30-$60), lowering springs + install yourself ($300 ish including alignment), muffler deletes ($70-80 a muffler)

these are just some cheap mods I did on my first car

OP
OP

Davidb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic hatchback exl
Country flag
Ah yes I've been in ur position years ago when I just started school

Some things to consider is a cheap eBay lip ($30-$50), plastidipping some emblems/wheels or any chrome trims ($10), led interior lights ($10-$30), led signals/reverse lights ($30-$60), lowering springs + install yourself ($300 ish including alignment), muffler deletes ($70-80 a muffler)

these are just some cheap mods I did on my first car
the rest sound great , idk abt lowering it though since i already had to get the front bumper replaced from coming up on a curb too quickly , i guess im used to my previous car that was a leased chevy equinox ? , any suggestions on keeping that low front end safe (i consider it low i know u can go way lower )

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
the rest sound great , idk abt lowering it though since i already had to get the front bumper replaced from coming up on a curb too quickly , i guess im used to my previous car that was a leased chevy equinox ? , any suggestions on keeping that low front end safe (i consider it low i know u can go way lower )
Just gotta familiarize yourself with the car, know what things you can go over and what you can't, you slowly learn over time

in regard to keeping it safe I would say just get a cheap ebay lip, it'll help protect the bumper a little in case you go up driveways and stuff

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Galant ES 2.4, 18 Sienna XLE (FWD), 18 FK7 ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Kinda not a direct response, and since you've already done the side markers, I assume you already have some basic tools. But in case you don't have these yet, I would make sure to have some ratchet and sockets around, coz once you dive into projects, having the tools handy can enable your abilities more. It was the time when I went to explore the junkyard a lot more and realized I need proper tools to get what I want there, then leads to more DIY projects.

Other than that, for easy mods to begin with, I'd suggest the protection purpose stuffs, like fog lights protecting film, same for the headlights, and perhaps clear bra the front end. Mud flap, screen protector, dash cam, tint, all weather mats, scuff plates for door jam and rear bumper, and protecting film for the door handle cup.

It's a black hole already lol

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If it’s a manual... Amsoil MTF for $40.

You can deaden your doors for $50 and a lot of TLC from you (I’m working on mine now)

LED Headlights? Back when I got my Hikaris, their Cree ones were bad and I returned them. I got some Philips chipped ones later and they were $90 and have been going strong for a couple years. They’ve since sourced another chip and they’re down around $40 or $50. I run those in the Odyssey and they’re also quite good.

Random “fun” stickers for your blank switches? You can get 3 of them for a tenner. Just something cheap and fun.
https://everythingvinyldecal.com/collections/civic-fake-buttons

Some folks change out their interior bulbs with LEDs. Makes them pop a little... just a little different. Also inexpensive.

If you don’t already: do all your maintenance yourself. It has to be done anyways... you’ll save some cash and get wrench time in. It’s all fluids and filters on these cars... very simple stuff.

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
Step 1. generate some side cash first.

Start a car IG page or mobile detail shop or something

Guitar_stitch

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI, 2006 Honda Element, 2006 Chevy Express
Country flag
"A little more" in terms of performance or aesthetics?

If you're on a course for performance, it's really hard to beat the value of a Ktuner and Phearable tune.

I can't comment too much on aesthetics...I don't care much about looks. However, some good Husky Liner or weathertech floor mats go a long way toward keeping your whip clean.

Justin Bell

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Country flag
If it’s a manual... Amsoil MTF for $40.

You can deaden your doors for $50 and a lot of TLC from you (I’m working on mine now)

LED Headlights? Back when I got my Hikaris, their Cree ones were bad and I returned them. I got some Philips chipped ones later and they were $90 and have been going strong for a couple years. They’ve since sourced another chip and they’re down around $40 or $50. I run those in the Odyssey and they’re also quite good.

Random “fun” stickers for your blank switches? You can get 3 of them for a tenner. Just something cheap and fun.

Some folks change out their interior bulbs with LEDs. Makes them pop a little... just a little different. Also inexpensive.
I was a model student in school my entire life. because I've always enjoyed learning new things and studying. It became a little more challenging when I was in college. However, as soon as I discovered do my dissertation I was able to complete my writing tasks more quickly and finish my homework on time. I also had some time off from school. If you don’t already: do all your maintenance yourself. It has to be done anyways... you’ll save some cash and get wrench time in. It’s all fluids and filters on these cars... very simple stuff.
Well, in general, changing the bulbs to LEDs is a very good economy.

casper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Sport Hatchback (6MT)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Most of my mods are either small little interior add-ons, or very minor exterior/mechanical. Feel free to take a look at my build thread for some inspiration. I strive to maintain OEM+ vibes.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
It's awesome that you're looking to enhance your driving experience! Start with simple upgrades that won't break the bank. Consider getting a cold air intake for improved engine performance. Upgrading your tires can also make a noticeable difference in handling. Adding a rear sway bar can enhance cornering stability. And don't forget about aesthetics – you can change your car's look with decals, seat covers, or a steering wheel cover. Exploring online forums can provide more ideas and advice tailored to your model. Have fun with the process and enjoy
Thanks, ChatGPT.
Sponsored