Poll: Which one will you buy, the Coupe or Sedan Civic Si ?

Poll: Coupe or Sedan Civic Si ?

• 2dr Coupe

Votes: 39 41.9%
  • 4dr Sedan

Votes: 54 58.1%

• Total voters

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
Now that both Civic Si production models have been fully revealed, which one will you buy, the Coupe or Sedan Civic Si?

If you're not sure, just choose the one you're leaning toward.

Please only answer if you are really serious about getting a new Civic Si sometime this year!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rickyg0731

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 honda accord
I really love the looks of the coupe, and personally always wanted a 2 door car, I currently have an Accord sedan lease, which ends in July so hope to get my black Civic Si Coupe before then, I am so excited!!!!

Leetcivx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si
Country flag
The thing i cant get past on the coupe is the tail lights. I like the bright LED light bars of the sedan. i know the coupe is also LED, but they made them "blurry" and they look dated. As much as i hate the rear bumper on the sedan, i really prefer the sedan tail lights. Having 2 extra doors and windows that go down is also nice :)

neteng101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Type-R... hatch FTW!

I think the coupe looks better of the two Si choices, the biggest issue with the sedan is the afterthought rear spoiler/wing.

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Very seriously considered coupe, all of my previous cars except for the last/current one were in fact coupes - until we got kids... :) Now the kids are big enough and don't require a sedan, but I do have passengers often enough for it to be a rather serious consideration, so that's one for the sedan - the social aspect of it; basic convenience for passengers. Hell, even the little everyday things like putting grocery bags in the back are a lot easier when there's a door with direct access to the said seat. I tried to visualize having a couple the last few times I went shopping, and that picture wasn't all that exciting. Forget Costco. If it were a coupe/hatch (3-door like my beloved '97 GS-R, may it RIP), then that wouldn't be as big of an issue, but... It's not a 3-door. :(
On top of that, after learning that it won't have a damn spare tire (which is by far the biggest of my gripes with this car), the extra 3 or so cubic feet of trunk space suddenly matter a hell of a lot more.

So... as much as I like how the coupe looks - practical reasons call for the sedan.

Inertiaman70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Mazda 3 i Touring Hatchback
Country flag
Gotta be sedan all the way. If I was still in my 20s I might be into the coupe, but I've got a family to haul around. If there was a hatch, it would my choice hands down, for both practicality and styling, but as it stands, the sedan will do nicely.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Coupe Advantages
  • The coupe weighs 17 pounds less.
  • The coupe is 5.4" shorter.

Sedan Advantages
  • The sedan is much easier for rear passengers to enter/exit, even though rear passengers are extremely rare for me.
  • The sedan offers twice the number of doors for the same price as the coupe. It's like getting another set of hinges, latches, windows, motors, and actuators for free - more value! ;)
  • The sedan's doors are shorter, so it's easier to get in and out of without hitting a wall or other vehicle.
  • The sedan comes with rear heater ducts for more even cabin heating and toasty toes for rear passengers.
  • The sedan has a slightly better weight distribution - 60/40% vs. 61/39% for the coupe.
  • The sedan has more trunk space (14.7 cu. ft. vs. 11.9) which is important if you want to keep a spare tire in there and still have some room left for luggage.
  • The sedan has a center armrest in the back seat.
  • The sedan has height-adjustable front seat belts.
  • The sedan has a higher NHTSA frontal crash rating (5 stars vs. 4 for the coupe).

I personally prefer the appearance of the coupe, but the sedan is safer, more practical and is a better value. Even though this is a second vehicle for me and I'll be the sole occupant most of the time, the sedan just checks more boxes.

Last edited:

Redglare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 si, 11' z34.
Coupe Advantages
I slightly prefer the look of the coupe over the sedan.
The coupe weighs 17 pounds less which makes it 0.029 seconds faster to 60 than the sedan.

Sedan Advantages
The sedan is much easier for rear passengers to enter/exit, even though rear passengers are extremely rare for me.
The sedan offers twice the number of doors for the same price as the coupe. It's like getting another set of hinges, latches, windows, motors, and actuators for free - more value! ;)
The sedan's doors are shorter, so it's easier to get in and out of without hitting a wall or other vehicle.
The sedan comes with rear heater ducts for more even cabin heating and toasty toes for rear passengers.
The sedan has a slightly better weight distribution - 60.3% / 39.7% vs. 61.4% / 38.6% for the coupe.
The sedan has more trunk space (14.7 cu. ft. vs. 11.9) which is important if you want to keep a spare tire in there and still have some room left for luggage.
The sedan has a center armrest in the back seat.
The sedan has height-adjustable front seat belts.
you just sold me on the sedan.

OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
Coupe Advantages
The coupe weighs 17 pounds less which makes it 0.029 seconds faster to 60 than the sedan.
Good point! That is why I always eat a light breakfast before heading out to the track... ;)

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
Practicality wise sedan one person daily driver coupe all the way I am 36 no kids so coupe for me. To each their own.

Lume80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord sport
Country flag
I really love the looks of the coupe, and personally always wanted a 2 door car, I currently have an Accord sedan lease, which ends in July so hope to get my black Civic Si Coupe before then, I am so excited!!!!
Same here mate, my wife drives a 2016 Accord Sport sedan....It's nice...love the way Honda's drive and I really like the black coupe Si, its what I'll be getting as well, looks to be by middle June we can enjoy the ride...cheers!!!

Honda Civic 10th gen Poll: Which one will you buy, the Coupe or Sedan Civic Si ? Capture+_2017-05-17-09-57-17

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
Same here mate, my wife drives a 2016 Accord Sport sedan....It's nice...love the way Honda's drive and I really like the black coupe Si, its what I'll be getting as well, looks to be by middle June we can enjoy the ride...cheers!!!

Capture+_2017-05-17-09-57-17.png

Looks soooo nice! Just hot and don't have the time to detail my car like I used to...

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I like the proportions of the Sedan, and I have a family so I do need a back seat from time to time. 3 in the back that is.

I'd like a Hatch, but....
Sponsored