poll prefer lane watch or lights on side view mirrors & beep warning for blind spot

AndyAndromeda-AUS

AndyAndromeda
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 10th Gen - Vti-LX (Australia)
Country flag
Disabled the lane watch on my 2nd after purchased the car. Most useless tech. If you adjusted the mirrors the correct way, you don't need the camera.
The camera still physically provides a wider view then what the mirror does regardless of what position you have the mirror set to, the camera will always be showing you more.
Sponsored

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Always prefer the camera to the blind spot indicators. It helps me know what's going to be in that lane instead of only what's in that part of that lane at that moment. The blind spot indicators on my wife's CR-V are accurate, but they just don't give as much information.

I'll tolerate a future car that doesn't have a side camera, but I'll choose the option if it's ever available.
Well said. I wouldn’t even consider a future car that doesn’t have a side camera. It would be such a big step backwards.

Suma Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVICX
Country flag
The blind spot indicator. Rather than looking down at the screen, I'd rather keep my eyes up watching the road at all time, just glancing to my left or right on the mirrors.

To reduce the blind spot, of course we rely on our wide angle/convex mirrors to enhance the driving experience :)

DoctorC

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring in Sonic Gray
Country flag
most new cars now have the blind side decector with a little light on view mirror both right and left with a beep warning sound when trying to make turn if someone there and stays lit if someone is near you . Now the honda has the lane watch on right side side with camera and will discontinue it in 2022 or 2021. wh

POLL WHAT IS YOUR PREFERNCE. Honda will discontinue lane watch 2022 or 2021 and go to lights on side view mirror. will you miss it. which is safer. Can you see lights on side view mirror in rain, Does lane watch work in rain. Just bought civic, . I prefer the lights on mirror. please explain your reasoning. thanks
Personally I prefer using my eyes instead of a video or a light. But I would prefer sticking with the video instead of having a constant light notification when stuck in traffic.
Sponsored