poll prefer lane watch or lights on side view mirrors & beep warning for blind spot

discoamazing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ex-l hatchback
Country flag
I kind of hate the lanewatch camera. Especially how it automatically turns on when I signal, covering up my gps map, which I need most when I’m about to turn.

My previous car had the blind spot indicators and they were amazing, wish I could go back.

AndyAndromeda-AUS

AndyAndromeda
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 10th Gen - Vti-LX (Australia)
Country flag
Defs 100% prefer the camera.

As you don't have to turn your head, the road is still in your peripheral vision when looking at the screen.

The screen also allows you to give the car behind you more room rather then making them feel like you gave cut them off because your merging in front of them because you can't really tell how close they are.

AndyAndromeda-AUS

AndyAndromeda
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I kind of hate the lanewatch camera. Especially how it automatically turns on when I signal, covering up my gps map, which I need most when I’m about to turn.

My previous car had the blind spot indicators and they were amazing, wish I could go back.
Pretty sure you can change the setting so it doesn't turn on automatically. But it's just as easy to press the button and turn if off whole your indicating.

NonyaBisness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Exactly this. Agree 100%. How do you know they are discontinuing it? Most manufacturers are adding cameras to give you a 360 degree view and even a birds-eye view. Why would Honda go in the opposite (and backwards) direction?
can't speak for the OP but a guy that bought some parts off a car I am parting out works at the Alabama Plant (or the guy that was with him does or something, it was a few months ago) told me the Lanewatch Cameras where gone from new models. Honda has enough faith in their sensor system that they are ditching the cameras, most of the things beyond the backup camera that we are seeing these days is for pickup trucks towing trailers to make the trailer disappear and shit like that.

I personally love the Lanewatch, when I'm pulling out of the office during the day time it gives me a 100% full view of the road I'm pulling onto, a View I simply wouldn't have any other way so I'm able to pull out without stopping if i'm clear to go., I would love to have cameras in both mirrors, that camera view is so freaking much better then turning around to check a lane to see if it's clear.

MutatedMango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si FC3
Country flag
LaneWatch works fine at night and in the rain and imo is 100x better than those tiny lights and beeping crap. You get way more info from the entire right hand side view from your car and it eliminates blind spots. If you don't like it you can just turn it off. Probably in my top 3 features on the car, amazing for highway driving. I just leave it on so I have that information whenever I need it

AndyAndromeda-AUS

AndyAndromeda
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
can't speak for the OP but a guy that bought some parts off a car I am parting out works at the Alabama Plant (or the guy that was with him does or something, it was a few months ago) told me the Lanewatch Cameras where gone from new models. Honda has enough faith in their sensor system that they are ditching the cameras, most of the things beyond the backup camera that we are seeing these days is for pickup trucks towing trailers to make the trailer disappear and shit like that.

I personally love the Lanewatch, when I'm pulling out of the office during the day time it gives me a 100% full view of the road I'm pulling onto, a View I simply wouldn't have any other way so I'm able to pull out without stopping if i'm clear to go., I would love to have cameras in both mirrors, that camera view is so freaking much better then turning around to check a lane to see if it's clear.
I have also heard they were discontinuing it as well but like a year ago. It seems Honda went with the camera as it's cheaper then the sensors and light in the mirror. But now them sensors and lights are cheaper so they want to switch over to that.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Lane watch camera is better. We have two new delivery trucks at my place of employment which has a similar system with no camera or lights just a annoying buzzer ( loud too) to be honest I think it would cause more accidents than solved them. The camera is better

julianzh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-t, 2019 GTI Autobahn DSG
Country flag
Disabled the lane watch on my 2nd after purchased the car. Most useless tech. If you adjusted the mirrors the correct way, you don't need the camera.

NonyaBisness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Disabled the lane watch on my 2nd after purchased the car. Most useless tech. If you adjusted the mirrors the correct way, you don't need the camera.
That is simply WRONG, you get a much better field of view (with a larger "display" on which to view it) with the camera then you could ever get with a side view mirror no matter how perfectly adjusted you are, plus the road in front of you remains more in your peripheral when looking at the screen then a side mirror.

julianzh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-t, 2019 GTI Autobahn DSG
Country flag
That is simply WRONG, you get a much better field of view (with a larger "display" on which to view it) with the camera then you could ever get with a side view mirror no matter how perfectly adjusted you are, plus the road in front of you remains more in your peripheral when looking at the screen then a side mirror.
The way I adjusted my mirror show more than the camera.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
True the camera is mounted further than the mirror and I also adjust my mirrors as perfectly as I think it is the camera gives me a larger view of the lane

NonyaBisness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
True the camera is mounted further than the mirror and I also adjust my mirrors as perfectly as I think it is the camera gives me a larger view of the lane
added to that he camera is displayed on a larger screen that is closer to you then the mirror is, it is simply undeniable the camera gives you a better view of the road.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Always prefer the camera to the blind spot indicators. It helps me know what's going to be in that lane instead of only what's in that part of that lane at that moment. The blind spot indicators on my wife's CR-V are accurate, but they just don't give as much information.

I'll tolerate a future car that doesn't have a side camera, but I'll choose the option if it's ever available.
Sponsored