Poll: Muffler Delete vs Resonator Delete vs Muffler & Resonator Delete vs Aftermarket Exhaust

Muffler Delete vs Resonator Delete vs Muffler & Resonator Delete vs Aftermarket Exhaust

• Total voters

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In my experience there are just very specific RPMs to avoid to avoid the cabin drone. On mine with the res/muffler delete 1800-1900 rpm is extremely loud in the cabin but 2000-2100 is almost silent for cruising.

Maybe it's just me, but I couldn't handle driving my brand new car and have to avoid certain RPMs because it droned.

I'm running a catted AFE down pipe with a PRL Cobra CAI. The car sounds good, a little aggressive and some noise but unless on the gas the car is near stock quite and no drone at any RPM.

I'd be willing to bet my car makes as much If not more power than one missing the muffler and/or resonator.
Sponsored

carrsteven

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI, 2017 Civic EX-L, 2016 Civic EX
Country flag
I went with just a muffler delete but kept the stock exhaust tip because I like the way it looks. The rumble it has now is a lot better than before. It doesn't sound like a weed eater when I push it either. There is some drone between 1800-1900 rpms and some at 4100-4200 rpms. I never drive in those 2 ranges so it doesn't really bother me.

Edit:
Have an entire shopping list though that includes PRL Downpipe/Front pipe. We'll see how it sounds when I get that. May end up going complete aftermarket after that. The one thing I do NOT want is a weedeater under my ass.

OP
OP
NightTrain

NightTrain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I ended up going with the muffler and resonator delete. Sounds AMAZING. Definitely something you need to hear in person to fully appreciate.

blackonblackSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si 2015ex 2012 Dodge Avenger
Country flag
Muffler delete at the axle....
I still have the resonator.... I get compliments on the sound and crackles.

odinist

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mithgarthr.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I did a resonator delete initially, then followed up by replacing the stock mufflers with a Vibrant 1040. Sounds fantastic.

Jdizz707

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crx
Yep, muffler delete is what I'm leaning towards mainly to save weight and lose the HDMI tip.
Just wondering if you ever replaced your HDMI TIP? If so what did you go with?

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I did a resonator delete initially, then followed up by replacing the stock mufflers with a Vibrant 1040. Sounds fantastic.
Any sound clips? I currently have a resonator delete, which I like, but wouldn't mind slightly more volume.

Jdizz707

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crx
I’m working on a project and needing a hdmi tip for mock up. Anyone have one laying around they want to sell?
Sponsored