Poll for Type R Owners:

What is the Original Exterior Color Of Your Type R?

• Total voters

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S2000 Roadster, 2019 Civic Type R, 2020 Supra
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As the poll says please vote accordingly.
Sponsored

Last edited:

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
FK8 registry might give you a good idea of the color distribution. Though the sampling is likely biased towards 2017-19 models with fewer 20-21 models. I think someone on FB was looking at 20-21 models.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
Yeah problem is not every CTR driver does polls or is on this forum. We wont get an accurate number

OP
OP
MoTeC R

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah problem is not every CTR driver does polls or is on this forum. We wont get an accurate number
Yeah thanks guys, I assumed the same but figured it was worth a shot for the group here. I was surprised when I found out that PMM was not an option in the US in 2021 but finally became an option in other places.

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
Color distribution also varies by region. i.e. Canada does not get the same colors as the US, or Europe, or Asia.

jl1rp

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R, 2016 Ford Fiesta ST
Country flag
OP
OP
MoTeC R

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Color distribution also varies by region. i.e. Canada does not get the same colors as the US, or Europe, or Asia.
Everyone realizes that but this forum is about the Color for Type Rs produced for any region that votes.

Everyone make sure your voting and not just putting it in the comments please.

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
They only offered the RR in Canada for 1 year? Wow, I didn't realize that.
Yup, pretty shitty. I went into dealership guns blazing "I'm buying a red type r TODAY"... "Well we only got white, black, and this weird Grey thing"

..."Black it is"..

To this day I play with the idea of a red wrap, but $$$.

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
Everyone realizes that but this forum is about the Color for Type Rs produced for any region that votes.
As exhibited by posts made by other people (in other threads), it's not true that everyone realizes this is more than their own region. And since your post did not clarify the intent of the poll, I thought to make sure you and everyone else was aware of the international nature.

lexro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2006, Civic Sedan Sport 2019, Type R 2021
Country flag
Yeah thanks guys, I assumed the same but figured it was worth a shot for the group here. I was surprised when I found out that PMM was not an option in the US in 2021 but finally became an option in other places.
2021 is the first time Canada receives PMM, we never got Aegon Blue and Sonic gray and boosted blue were only available for 1 model year only. Actually we only have white and PMM in 2021.
production is greatly reduced during the pandemic in 2020, and the Swindon plant is shutting down right about now in 2021. PMM has never been a high seller in the states no? I assume Honda decided to allocate them for Canada this time around.

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
PMM has never been a high seller in the states no? I assume Honda decided to allocate them for Canada this time around.
I don't know if there is anything but very minor anecdotal evidence about any color selling better or worse in the US. Seems to me how quickly a CTR sells is completely based upon the price and not the color.

lexro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2006, Civic Sedan Sport 2019, Type R 2021
Country flag
I don't know if there is anything but very minor anecdotal evidence about any color selling better or worse in the US. Seems to me how quickly a CTR sells is completely based upon the price and not the color.
I see, i assumed that because every Type R colors related polls i saw, PMM has always been always a minority. Nevertheless Honda had Type R marked as SOLD OUT since late April on their Canadian website. And that's when the local madness of used R started surging.
Sponsored