Poll: Are you keeping your 10th Gen or getting an 11th Gen?

Keeping your 10th Gen or Getting an 11th Gen?

• Total voters

MrHappy

First Name
Jovanny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
To be honest, the 10th gen is the first Civic generation that actually impressed me. The cars were so uniquely designed and then there's the 11th gen. While it looks clean and matured, it's too generic and boring. Will definitely be keeping my Si.
Sponsored

Naimahab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Been tossing and turning. Once my 10th gen si coupe is paid off, I'm debating rx7, gt350, r32 gtr, or 400z in that order of preference. Love honda, not returning, sorry

Memogiyi

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
To be honest, the 10th gen is the first Civic generation that actually impressed me. The cars were so uniquely designed and then there's the 11th gen. While it looks clean and matured, it's too generic and boring. Will definitely be keeping my Si.
I finally got to see a 11gen the other day on the highway. It does look nice, like a smaller accord. I’m curious to see the specs/looks of the new Si.

racerguy180

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Acura Integra GS-R 2001 Acura Integra GS 2014 Acura MDX Advance
Country flag
I buy cars to keep them. I'm not too big on the 11th gen and was hyped on new Integra but lack of coupe kills it for me as much as I like how the 5dr looks.

So I'm keeping my FC1.

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Since I'm in a Sport Touring hatch, the 11th gen ST Hatch in Boost Blue with the spoiler kit and a few other options (blackouts, underbody kit) looks mildly interesting when I did the configurator. However, Boost Blue is only available in CVT, along with several other colors. They only make 6MT in 3 colors, CBP, White, and SGP. WTF??!! I'm going to look at one when they show up just for shits and grins, but I doubt it will hold a candle to my Gen X. I'd like to hear the Bose system, but I'm sure it's nowhere near as nice as mine is now.

Besides, there aren't enough mods available to customize the 11th gen, and if it's anything like the Gen X hatch, they'll be more limited compared to sedan mod options. I never understood that.

The 11th CTR will be out around the time of my lease option. Now if they want to make me a trade deal that gets anywhere close to an 11th gen CTR, that would be a tougher choice. I guess it depends on what it ends up looking like.

I'm not at all interested in the 11th Si. Orange is an interesting color, but I'm sure I'll see 500 orange ones running around town when they come out.

schmiddr2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX-L
Country flag
In 2 years my 2016 will have 250k miles. Maybe I'll consider a new one at that time, IF the AC system proves more reliable and the sticking steering is fixed. I guess I'll be reading the forums for the 11th Gen common problems.

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
my 2017 has about 64K miles. At this point, my feeling is toward driving this car til the wheel fall off while saving all my pennies into a business or go into investing.

That being said, if i ever join the car hobby again, I will get a Model S Plaid.

Memogiyi

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
my 2017 has about 64K miles. At this point, my feeling is toward driving this car til the wheel fall off while saving all my pennies into a business or go into investing.

That being said, if i ever join the car hobby again, I will get a Model S Plaid.
What about a Lucid Air?

oberstja

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'll be sticking with my 10th Gen. Happy for the people who want to go with the 11th Gen, but I have always enjoyed the more distinctive styling on the 10th Gen and I appreciate having the turbo option for the sport trim.

I've put almost 90k miles on this Civic, and I would love to do it all over again :thumbsup:

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
If the new 11th gen Si miraculously comes with the K20C4/6 I'll trade in. Outside of that, I'm keeping my 2019 Si. My wife got an 11th gen sedan and it's fine for her needs, its a lot better than the 2014 corolla she has. Looks are subjective, I think it looks elegant and handsome but it is toned down compared to my Si. The interior is better, along with a better quieter A/C which lets be honest... the 10th gen has a very loud AC and sucks. 11th gen fixes that. It also handles very well since it has a wider stance. The space is welcome since it's a little longer than the 10th gen sedan, but not a boat like the Accord. Sideview mirrors actually are worse on the 11th imo. I think they're really small. Tablet style infotainment is generic. Prefer integrated. Knobs feel good and respond well. Auto stop start blows. It enables by default every time you start the car, no way around it. Sometimes its smooth and other times it's rough when it turns the car on. That really needs work because it kills the smoothness. It is slower, but for the average commuter it's enough and better than what others offer at the price for the most part...
Now for the hatchback, 2.0 on a sport model is a downgrade. Should have been 1.5T..if you want a 1.5T and a 6 speed they want 30k and it's only 180hp. Why would you buy that when you can go buy a crosstrek sedan, I mean WRX.. or a GTI for 29k and it comes with 230hp and upscale interior as well. Honda is asking for more money for less this year. At the end of it, if you want a sportier drive, keep your 10th. Want a smoother, refined drive, 11th gen.

_silvy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Technology is really turning me away from new cars, anything newer than 2018 generally has too much crap loaded onto it especially 12 inch tablet infotainment screens. Everyone keeps making cars uglier than the generation before as well. I'll be sticking with my R for good unless this Integra is a knockout or Dodge doesn't end up ruining the Challenger, maybe a nice used Vette at some point.

KootenayCivic

First Name
Lorne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX 6MT
Country flag
I'll keep this LX for a year or 2 and then maybe trade for a 2020 SI. Either way, I'll stay with the 10th gen. :thumbsup:
Sponsored