captain2

First Name
marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda 2020 civic ex
Country flag
poll anybody chanGe headlights from halogen to led low beams on civic with out any mechanical problems with the car and any waranty issues. especially with the 2019 and 2020 civic.
Sponsored

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sedan Sport, '08 GSXR 600
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got: OPT7 FluxBeam X v.2 LED LowBeam Conversion , OPT7 Fluxbeam Core LED HighBeam Conversion, SiriusLED Fog Lights. No Errors, and warranty? Doubtful, since its all plug and play, less you go dumb cheap. The bulbs are the "FIRST" thing I always swap in a car, interior and exterior. Even swapped the reverse light to LED.

sLing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
your engine wouldn't break down if you install led lights

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
I think you can chanGe them just fine.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Swapped out the halogen bulbs on mine for LED bulbs, no problems to speak of.

oberstja

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Like NazTehRpR mentioned, switching out the OEM lights is one of the first things I did after I bought my Civic. If you do a little research i'm sure you will find plenty of options to choose from that fit your needs best. I managed to find a pack of cheap LED's off amazon to switch all of my interior lights with and it was an amazing difference.

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
Honda paid Engineers millions of dollars to figure out the exact voltage, amperage, wattage, lumens Etc.of the lights.

All OE incandescent lights are made by OSRAM (German company) And there's a reason for that.

Unless you are an engineer, please do not start messing with components on your vehicle.

If you take it on the track and race it, that's okay. But please don't do this stuff on public roads. The number one cause of automobile accidents are poor vehicle maintenance. I dont care how reputable the aftermarket company is; The fact is they are not spending millions of dollars on R&D.

/rant over

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Honda paid Engineers millions of dollars to figure out the exact voltage, amperage, wattage, lumens Etc.of the lights.

All OE incandescent lights are made by OSRAM (German company) And there's a reason for that.

Unless you are an engineer, please do not start messing with components on your vehicle.

If you take it on the track and race it, that's okay. But please don't do this stuff on public roads. The number one cause of automobile accidents are poor vehicle maintenance. I dont care how reputable the aftermarket company is; The fact is they are not spending millions of dollars on R&D.

/rant over
Holy crap man, too much caffeine? So let me get this straight....

Because I switched my low beams to a whiter, slightly brighter LED bulb, I'm a danger on public roads?

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

/rant over
You know what's unsafe? Not being able to see at night. The OEM bulbs are trash. LEDs work great in the projector housings. The first thing I did when I bought my Si was change the crappy OEM bulbs out for LEDs. 2 years later, no issues and I can see at night.

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
Holy crap man, too much caffeine? So let me get this straight....

Because I switched my low beams to a whiter, slightly brighter LED bulb, I'm a danger on public roads?
***Two essays on Automotive Technology are listed on the bottom of the post.***

My point is manufacturers pay millions to research and develop the best material suited for everyday driving on public roads. Through-out the years engineers have been paid millions to design, build and produce cars that meet government fuel efficiency, emissions and safety regulations. The last thing auto-manufacturers want is to recall thousands of vehicles due to design flaws, which have the potential to harm people or "pollute" the Earth. When the National Emissions Standards Act, officially known as the Motor Vehicle Air Pollution Control Act (Pub. L. 89–272) came into effect, manufacturers thought it would decrease engine life and reduce fuel economy, where as in fact it did the exact opposite.

These manufactures have been around a long time, spent millions (maybe billions) designing these vehicles, so that they can outlast the competition. Remember AMC, or even Saturn, Scion? AMC could't keep up with the competition. Saturn and Scion funds were cut to improve GM's and Toyota's product, so the money would be spent designing better vehicles. Hell, Honda and Toyota were crushing the US market in the 70's.

Honda has decades of R&D and has spent millions (billions) to design their product; a vehicle you paid $20,000 - $40,000.

Why would you want to put cheap LED bulbs in from ebay (or anything aftermarket)i?

Look, I did the same thing with my Jetta. It looked cool as hell, sadly, I always had issues with LEDs falling out of the angle eye headlamps, the tail lamps didn't properly fit, in addition the HID kit I bought off ebay seldom worked.

It's your car; I get it, it's a reflection of who you are as a person. I'm not bashing your choice of installing aftermarket components. Be advised the LED bulbs you may purchase likely are of poor quality. I put a set of LED license plate bulbs on my fathers Gen Coupe and within a year the soldering came apart and the lights were no longer operational.

In this instance, you putting aftermarket LEDs in as headlights could: 1) fail while driving 75 mph and you not being able to see; 2) the soldering could deteriorate causing less visibility and uncontrollable flashing; 3) you could literally be blinding other drivers.

One of my most influential automotive professors instilled this mindset. These manufactures have done their homework and you should't start messing with their product; unless you want to become the Chief Engineer of your car.

Honda Civic 10th gen poll: anybody chanGe headlights from  halogen  to led on  civic _IGP6772_3_4_tonemapped_1copy

Honda Civic 10th gen poll: anybody chanGe headlights from  halogen  to led on  civic _IGP6781_2_3_tonemapped_1.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen poll: anybody chanGe headlights from  halogen  to led on  civic _IGP6817_8_9_tonemapped_1.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen poll: anybody chanGe headlights from  halogen  to led on  civic IMG00044

Honda Civic 10th gen poll: anybody chanGe headlights from  halogen  to led on  civic _IGP3613.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen poll: anybody chanGe headlights from  halogen  to led on  civic _IGP3598.JPG

Attachments

Last edited:

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
You know what's unsafe? Not being able to see at night. The OEM bulbs are trash. LEDs work great in the projector housings. The first thing I did when I bought my Si was change the crappy OEM bulbs out for LEDs. 2 years later, no issues and I can see at night.
That's awesome, man! I'm really happy for you.

View attachment 198375

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
It's yalls cars, do whatever you want. The OP was asking for a poll, I gave my opinion. Both of you have personally attacked my opinion.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Look, I did the same thing with my Jetta. It looked cool as hell, sadly, I always had issues with LEDs falling out of the angle eye headlamps, the tail lamps didn't properly fit, in addition the HID kit I bought off ebay seldom worked.
Dude you need to relax. We're talking about replacing a cheap halogen bulb with an LED bulb. No ones talking about angel eyes and all that tacky aftermarket garbage. It's literally swapping one bulb out for another. You think Honda or any other OEM is finding the finest bulbs money can buy? No. They're putting in the cheapest light they can to cut costs. Halogen lights output dim yellowish light. A set of $50-$100 LEDs will outshine and even out last a crappy halogen bulb. You made it seem like if I'm on the highway and one of my bulbs goes out, I'm going to crash and die. Halogens burn out too, ya know?

You were "attacked" because your opinion was pretty lame. We're all entitled to our own opinions but when people don't like yours, there's not much you can do.
Sponsored