First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hatchback Sport 6mt
Country flag
https://www.privatelabelmfg.com/product_p/plm-hfc-dp-combo.htm

I've been looking around at downpipes the past few days and stumbled across this. Now I've searched and seen the issues people have had on here and aware of the previous issues. That being said, is there anyone on the that is running this combo that can provide real world feedback on this revision? I like that they've Incorporated all the factory heat shields, and the price point is appealing as I'm keeping a budget. If it's crap still I'll just end up going with something that has known correct fitment and retains all the heat shields.
Sponsored

OP
OP
_HatchED_

_HatchED_

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hatchback Sport 6mt
Country flag
Bumping this up as I ended up purchasing the fp and dp kit. I emailed Plm twice regarding the fitment issues the V1 pipes had, and both times was reassured that all fitment issues were resolved and confident I wouldn't have any problems.

PSA: Before anyone asks, I'm not paid for this review. I purchased this with my own money as a consumer, and was never offered anything for a "good" review of the parts and installation.

Review:
I'm honestly quite surprised everything fit up perfectly. Pipes came in one box decently packaged with 3 gaskets, and studs with nuts.

Removing the stock parts:

First thing I did was heat wrap both the dp and fp. Next I used some pb blaster on the turbo bolts and nuts. I was off the day of the install, so I soaked them a few times the night before. I still had the issue of the nuts not wanting come completely off . Ended up cutting the studs where the nuts stopped at. I still had a little more than half of the stud protruding so it wasn't an issue. The only other small issue was the stock fp being a pita to get out.

New parts:

Honestly not much to say here as it's just replacing what was removed. Everything installed without any issues. Fit perfectly quite honestly. The only short coming I feel is where the fp connects to the catback. The stock fp has studs, where this one doesn't. I had some nuts and bolts in my old Dsm bolt bin that I used instead of the supplied hardware. Also both heat shields fit up perfectly.

Sound:
It's still pretty quiet as I'm running an OEM TypeR catback. It's definitely louder on cold start, but still bassy and quiet. Driving it definitely has more a note now, but haven't heard it from outside the car yet. Also no drone on the highway and still very quiet cruising.

Overview:

Overall all pretty happy with my purchase for being on a budget. Really my only gripe was the fp to catback connection, and it's barely a gripe. At this price point I wasn't expecting everything to be perfect like a $700-1k set-up. But pleasantly surprised that I didn't have to send it back because of fitment issues.

Hope this helps anyone else on a budget that has been considering this option.

Pics:

Honda Civic 10th gen Plm V2 downpipe feedback IMG_20190821_115406

Honda Civic 10th gen Plm V2 downpipe feedback IMG_20190821_115629

Honda Civic 10th gen Plm V2 downpipe feedback IMG_20190821_115713

Honda Civic 10th gen Plm V2 downpipe feedback IMG_20190821_115701

Last edited:

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
good luck.

Honda Civic 10th gen Plm V2 downpipe feedback nc_oc=AQl7CR_t8GrsMnO5g6vbH-T1Jk-a_vMBVyIUzf-0rJCRdzSolCP5dbfUlo04Ef_uGlM&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1

Honda Civic 10th gen Plm V2 downpipe feedback nc_oc=AQmZeDqT-yc1Jyujyhq9u2hCWGenW18HndJh2jg-g8PfXacXZ668_UDIH8a83aUYkfE&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Its a PLM downpipe that failed because of those awesome chinese welds and cheap chinese stainless steel

OP
OP
_HatchED_

_HatchED_

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hatchback Sport 6mt
Country flag
That's to be expected IMO. Not expecting these to last forever in the first place.

Mikex18

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
I had their header on my 8th gen,fit was nice, welds also super nice.. never haf any issues, sokd them and the guy still runs them 2years after

tdurham19

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport hatch
Country flag
Thank you for this review, how has it been holding up?

OP
OP
_HatchED_

_HatchED_

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hatchback Sport 6mt
Country flag
Thank you for this review, how has it been holding up?
Holding up just fine. No leaks, rattles, or anything weird. 7-8k miles of daily driving including 4 trips from Fl to Sc since August when I installed the parts.

Mooseyq

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Holding up just fine. No leaks, rattles, or anything weird. 7-8k miles of daily driving including 4 trips from Fl to Sc since August when I installed the parts.
How's this product holding up? I have heard that fitment for some has been a nightmare and that there has been contact reported between the o2 sensor and the trans? TIA!

OP
OP
_HatchED_

_HatchED_

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hatchback Sport 6mt
Country flag
How's this product holding up? I have heard that fitment for some has been a nightmare and that there has been contact reported between the o2 sensor and the trans? TIA!
Honestly no problems at all. No interference issues with the o2 sensor hitting anything. The o2 extension is able to clock away from the transmission so no clearance problems.

civicsicoupe20

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Honestly no problems at all. No interference issues with the o2 sensor hitting anything. The o2 extension is able to clock away from the transmission so no clearance problems.
Hi do you get any CEL when u installed this? I do have a ktuner and just wondering if I need to do anything like other catless downpipe

OP
OP
_HatchED_

_HatchED_

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hatchback Sport 6mt
Country flag
Hi do you get any CEL when u installed this? I do have a ktuner and just wondering if I need to do anything like other catless downpipe
Yea once in a while. I have a ktuner also but I never go to clear it. Usually goes away by itself the next time I drive the car.
Sponsored