Please read! Verified A/C issue with 1.5L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Im having this problem now. AC not blowing cold at all. No clicks when it turn it on.

I have a 2017 civic hatch sport with 56k miles.
Im obviously pass warranty coverage.
I check my line and notice I have no freon.

Is this normal?
Sponsored

Imagination04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe EX-T
Country flag
Im having this problem now. AC not blowing cold at all. No clicks when it turn it on.

I have a 2017 civic hatch sport with 56k miles.
Im obviously pass warranty coverage.
I check my line and notice I have no freon.

Is this normal?
No, this is not normal. When you contact your dealer, please refer to the following. So whether it is covered will depend on where (what component) and why (cause - manufacturing or external).

Campaign #6C3 / Service Bulletin #19-091:
This warranty only covers vehicles that have a defective air conditioning condenser installed at the factory. The A/C condenser was not manufactured to specification. As a result, tiny holes may develop in the condenser tube walls that allow refrigerant to leak out.

American Honda is extending the warranty on the A/C condenser to 10 years from the original date of purchase with no mileage limit.

The warranty will not apply to any vehicle that has leaking condenser due to foreign object damage.

SCcivic

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 300zx 2012 Corolla S 2018 Civic Hatchback 1.5L Turbo
Country flag
My AC is temperamental and only seems to work good If I drive on the freeway. The faster I co the colder the air blows. But once I start to drive in town its really weak. My GF 17 civic sedan has AC issues too. It wouldn't blow cold so she took it to the dealer. They did a test and found that there was no freon or whatever chemical they use nowadays. They said it came from the factory like this because hey found no leaks in the system.

My AC in the FK7 has been pretty lame since the day I purchased it. Even my GF noticed how not cold it blows compared to hers. My car is still under 3 year warranty.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My AC is temperamental and only seems to work good If I drive on the freeway. The faster I co the colder the air blows. But once I start to drive in town its really weak. My GF 17 civic sedan has AC issues too. It wouldn't blow cold so she took it to the dealer. They did a test and found that there was no freon or whatever chemical they use nowadays. They said it came from the factory like this because hey found no leaks in the system.

My AC in the FK7 has been pretty lame since the day I purchased it. Even my GF noticed how not cold it blows compared to hers. My car is still under 3 year warranty.
Did you have to pay for diagnostics? Or covered warranty?

nestorishere650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Did you have to pay for diagnostics? Or covered warranty?
I just brought my car in to have a look. They charged me $550 for the diagnostic. The tech said if there is a leak that is covered under the warranty then the diagnostic is waived. Let's hope there is a leak. This is the second time I brought my car in.
First time they didn't charge me anything since my car is still under the manufacturer's warranty.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was at the dealership today and took to a service rep. They priced me $80 for a diagnostic check. I have yet to set up an appointment.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
I just brought my car in to have a look. They charged me $550 for the diagnostic. The tech said if there is a leak that is covered under the warranty then the diagnostic is waived. Let's hope there is a leak. This is the second time I brought my car in.
First time they didn't charge me anything since my car is still under the manufacturer's warranty.
Wow, that's a juicy AC diagnostic fee. :eek: I thought at first it must be in Hong Kong dollars, but last I checked they use US$ in California.

nestorishere650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I was at the dealership today and took to a service rep. They priced me $80 for a diagnostic check. I have yet to set up an appointment.
I think it varies from dealership to dealership. I think the one near my house is more shady. Another dealership charged me $100 for the diagnostic, but in neither cases I had to pay since it's covered under warranty.

nestorishere650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Wow, that's a juicy AC diagnostic fee. :eek: I thought at first it must be in Hong Kong dollars, but last I checked they use US$ in California.
It also include recharging the AC system but what do I know. Didn't have to pay since it was the condenser tho.

atomic9527

First Name
atomnickle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX
Country flag
I bring my 2017 civic to a dealership because AC doesn't blow out cold air. At the beginning, the dealership tells me a potential expense of recharging freon, $232 w/out tax. They figure out that the car is under warranty and the condense has a well-known leaky issue so that it ends up I don't have to pay any penny for this repair.
Honda Civic 10th gen Please read! Verified A/C issue with 1.5L 2020-05-13 13.27.13-1

Kane666

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
if i have mine on recirc its warm forever. turn it off and i can feel it cold right away

Blanik

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic htachback 2018
Country flag
i juste came back from dealer with brand new condenser….
they replace compressor, interior fan motor and rad motor fan last years…...only the evaporating coil seem ''old'' from my AC system.
the guys tell me they have now 10 years warranty on 2016-18 model (condenser leak)
and also a good way to check if your condenser will be replace look for grease/oil sport on the condensing unit (oil from comp) and the flat tube between the fin are not broken there is a good sign of factory leak problem and they will replace it.

they also tell me the new condenser they put after reparation are better then the one from factory….they used the same part model so i can't be sure of that but it would be logical

Last edited:

manthesedans

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99' Honda Civic Sedan LX
Country flag
I am having similar issues. I own a 2016 Honda Civic with less than 20,000 miles and have had multiple issues with my A/C unit. I had the A/C condenser, and coil sets, all replaced last year while the car was still under factory warranty. The process was a bit of a hassle but it was fully covered.

Zoom in to this year, same problem, A/C blowing hot air. I find out now that Honda has an extended warranty for the condenser, however this time it's the compressor AND the condenser leaking. Thank goodness I bought an extended aftermarket warranty so it's still fully covered. Here I am now reaffirming what many of you have said; the compressor is NOT COVERED by Honda. They attempted to charge me before realizing I had an extended warranty for around $1800. If any here are involved in organization of the class action lawsuit, good luck! It's ridiculous that Honda is still charging anyone with a 2016-2017 Honda Civic anything A/C related. I hope you all get your money back.

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Yep my ac also blew out but they’re charging $850 and claiming road damage via “rock” so it’s getting fixed but it’ll probably be claimed with my insurance. Maybe they’ll go argue with Honda as I don’t have the energy but I am not pleased in the least
Sponsored