dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So wait, we never found out if this got fixed. WTF DALLAS? :bat::rofl:
Got it back and went on a road trip to Kansas City. The mpg counter says like 28.5 but when i filled up it was more like 30. And yeah I rolled 84 all the way, speed limit is 70-75 all the way from dallas to kc

Honda Civic 10th gen Please read! Verified A/C issue with 1.5L IMG_3342.JPG

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
60 lbs. of R134a refrigerant?!?! Haha! Someone made a terrible mistake! The system uses only ounces of R1234yf refrigerant. :)
Yeah my advisor said ignore the a, its yf and filled correctly.... i was like, well if not im sure itll mess up and ill back. I saw the itemized version with prices and the total was like $1200 for all the work, i believe the refridgerant was like $175 or somesuch

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Tech took some home for himself :rofl: gonna make a killing!
He won't make much - a 30 lb. cylinder of R134a is worth about $200. :) R134a is still cheap and widely available for less than $5 per can (about $0.40 per ounce) at Walmart. I occasionally pick up a case at Sam's when I think about it. I have no use for it at this time, but it might be good to barter with following a zombie apocalypse. ;)

R1234yf is about $4 per ounce - ten times as much as R134a. A 10 lb. cylinder runs about $700.

Our systems use a maximum of 15 oz., so about $60 worth of R1234yf.

eberrong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sedan Touring
Country flag
I brought my brand new 2017 sedan touring back to the dealer today to check the a/c. I reported cold air on highway and not as cold at stop lights. It never really left me uncomfortable in the car but after reading through this thread I wanted to make sure that I didn't have any issues. They gladly tested the system and reported cold air temps in the 40's (ambient was only about 80 today) and proper pressure readings. My service advisor explained that this confirms that the R1234yf is properly filled. Is there any other testing you would expect the dealer to do?

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I brought my brand new 2017 sedan touring back to the dealer today to check the a/c. I reported cold air on highway and not as cold at stop lights. It never really left me uncomfortable in the car but after reading through this thread I wanted to make sure that I didn't have any issues. They gladly tested the system and reported cold air temps in the 40's (ambient was only about 80 today) and proper pressure readings. My service advisor explained that this confirms that the R1234yf is properly filled. Is there any other testing you would expect the dealer to do?
nope, thats normal testing and normal functioning of your ac

mokylim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic LX-P
Country flag
Dropped my cAr off yesterday to get it checked about the intermittent warm air problem. Just got a call back couple minutes ago and the rep said that they did notice a problem. He mentioned that they hAd paperwork/notice from Honda that theres a ongoing issue with 2016 civics AC's.

He said that whats causing the issue for my car is the conpressor and that he already ordered the parts needed to fix the problem but they wont come in next thursday.

Ill post another update when i get the card back today and have a broader ciew

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dropped my cAr off yesterday to get it checked about the intermittent warm air problem. Just got a call back couple minutes ago and the rep said that they did notice a problem. He mentioned that they hAd paperwork/notice from Honda that theres a ongoing issue with 2016 civics AC's.

He said that whats causing the issue for my car is the conpressor and that he already ordered the parts needed to fix the problem but they wont come in next thursday.

Ill post another update when i get the card back today and have a broader ciew
Have a feeling your getting a whole new compressor. Mine was crapped out. Will probably happen again if they just replaced it with a like model and there is an ongoing issue they know about but haven't figured out yet

johnc_22

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sedan - Touring - Cosmic Blue
Country flag
I've had my 2017 Touring sedan for a week now and I'm not impressed with the air conditioning. I'm in Georgia and after the car has sat in the sun it takes forever to blow cold air. Eventually it feels after driving for a bit the system suddenly begins blowing cold air. Stop and go commuting on the interstate requires cranking the temp fairly low to be comfortable.

Sound like a problem or does the car just not have good AC? I haven't felt it blow ambient air as others have described, just luke warm air until after driving for longer than seems normal.

Thanks!

mokylim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic LX-P
Country flag
I've had my 2017 Touring sedan for a week now and I'm not impressed with the air conditioning. I'm in Georgia and after the car has sat in the sun it takes forever to blow cold air. Eventually it feels after driving for a bit the system suddenly begins blowing cold air. Stop and go commuting on the interstate requires cranking the temp fairly low to be comfortable.

Sound like a problem or does the car just not have good AC? I haven't felt it blow ambient air as others have described, just luke warm air until after driving for longer than seems normal.

Thanks!
This is exactly my issue to the dot as well. They concluded that i need a new compressor.

johnc_22

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sedan - Touring - Cosmic Blue
Country flag
This is exactly my issue to the dot as well. They concluded that i need a new compressor.
Dang I hope that's not my situation...

eberrong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sedan Touring
Country flag

Thanks!
Have you had it checked by the dealer? Same car and same issues here. I took my car to the dealer and they performed a/c diagnostic tests and said everything is within spec. I guess the freon pressures and air vent temps are the main things they look at.
Sponsored

Last edited: