Please list what exhaust you have, and your experience with it.

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Full bolt on gives you zero horsepower gain.
I dyno my car stock and FBO without hondata..
Whp is literally same ...
Peak torque is gain 20 with FBO though.

I have
HKS intercooler with hks piping
Prl Titanium inlet
PRL high volumn intake
aFe dp and fp
Ark catback

All these without hondata gain zero horsepower and 20 torque
Sponsored

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Has anyone successfully transported the factory exhaust in their Type R (or regular hatchback) without cutting it to pieces? I'm about to have a shop install an AWE exhaust but don't want cut up the factory exhaust. Thanks in advance for any input. I've already read this thread and saw a couple of responses but still want to know if anyone had a success story.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Has anyone successfully transported the factory exhaust in their Type R (or regular hatchback) without cutting it to pieces? I'm about to have a shop install an AWE exhaust but don't want cut up the factory exhaust. Thanks in advance for any input. I've already read this thread and saw a couple of responses but still want to know if anyone had a success story.
yes. I have seen pictures of a guy on facebook who transported a stock exhaust in his CTR (i think it wasn't modified) but the end of it was sticking out past his passenger side window.
i'll see if i can find a picture. Idk if i would do that though ... Seems almost impossible to me.

edit: nvm i am wrong. It was like an early gen CRV and the stock exhaust had a muffler delete which might have made it a little easier.
Honda Civic 10th gen Please list what exhaust you have, and your experience with it. KaW95cd

Last edited:

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
I measured it would be possible with my (new gen) MDX with seats fully down and resting on the dash. Also Oddessy could work. New Escalade and Tahoe possible. I can take another measurement if you’d like.

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I have a Yonaka 3 inch exhaust from an Si coupe mated to an RV6 catless down pipe. I was pleasantly surprised how good it sounds on the R, it was not however as loud as I had hoped for at least in the cabin. My brother tells me it sounds quite loud and quite good from outside the car.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks @boosted180sx and @jasonjm. I ended up cutting the factory exhaust for convenience as I don't have a truck or large SUV.

Took all the pieces (AWE Touring exhaust, includes 3" front pipe) to the shop. Everything fit inside the hatch.
Honda Civic 10th gen Please list what exhaust you have, and your experience with it. IMG_2128.JPG

Saw some interesting cars on the lot. Black CTR (not mine) just had Invidia R400 installed. Owner said it has some drone.
Honda Civic 10th gen Please list what exhaust you have, and your experience with it. IMG_2131.JPG

Factory exhaust is long! Not gonna fit inside the CTR.
Honda Civic 10th gen Please list what exhaust you have, and your experience with it. IMG_2129.JPG

Ended up cutting it in half. Will need exhaust clamp (or welding) if returning to stock.
Honda Civic 10th gen Please list what exhaust you have, and your experience with it. IMG_2140.JPG

Loaded up the two-piece factory exhaust in the trunk.
Honda Civic 10th gen Please list what exhaust you have, and your experience with it. IMG_2145.JPG

Finished product in different angles.
Honda Civic 10th gen Please list what exhaust you have, and your experience with it. IMG_2141.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Please list what exhaust you have, and your experience with it. IMG_2142.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Please list what exhaust you have, and your experience with it. IMG_2143.JPG

So far I love it. No drone in cruising speed (60 - 80). Sounds really good on acceleration. Can definitely hear it even with the windows closed but not obnoxiously loud. It feels like there's more power too. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Factory type r exhaust is almost 11 feet..
I transport it in a dodge caravan . No problem.. it will go all the way to windshield.
My friend has CRV also fit entire exhaust

Tknutson11

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic sport
Country flag
Exhaust question:

I am currently running the two tip greddy supreme. The stock dp & fp are 2.5" and I want to replace them with the pro 3" dp & fp so that I have 3" all the way back. As both the greddy and prl parts can be run with the stock exhaust, do they use 2.5" diameteris ends? So even if I installed both "3 inch" parts, where they connect would still be 2.5", therefore bottle necking the whole system?

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Exhaust question:

I am currently running the two tip greddy supreme. The stock dp & fp are 2.5" and I want to replace them with the pro 3" dp & fp so that I have 3" all the way back. As both the greddy and prl parts can be run with the stock exhaust, do they use 2.5" diameteris ends? So even if I installed both "3 inch" parts, where they connect would still be 2.5", therefore bottle necking the whole system?
Not sure greddy but i think prl doesnt taper down to 2.5.

201FK8

First Name
VINZ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC TYPE R FK8, CRX SI 87', MAZDA 3 14'
Country flag
I got Boost Logic w/ valved exhaust full titanium bought it for 2k at vivid racing its on the pricey side but it's one of the nicest sounding exhaust for our car and probably one of the lightest exhaust out there for fk8. valved opens up around 2-7 psi not quite sure the exact one but once it opens you will definitely feel and hear it in the cabin It gets loud its satisfying LOL but when you are just cruising its almost same as stock but better. I have 600 miles in them together with rv6 front pipe one thing I noticed is once its broken in it became so much better there was a minimal drone around 70-75 when I first installed it now it is gone. also nice thing about it is the include an adapter for stock FP and for aftermarket 3" FP and that is the only cons I have with it for the price it should've came with the front pipe but then again its full Titanium so it make sense. The quality is just top notch. its LIGHT AF!

CnoEVO

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R, 2021 Cadillac Escalade
Country flag
Installed Perrin Exhaust and Perrin Rear Motor Mount inserts today. Exhaust, quiet louder than stock. Looks good to me. I'm liking it since I frequently have kids in the back seat and drone has been minimal. I don't have much to compare it to other than stock exhaust which it is much better sounding in my opinion. Next up etune since I have Hondata, PRL HVI, PRL Intercooler, Boost Tubes and now exhaust.

Honda Civic 10th gen Please list what exhaust you have, and your experience with it. IMG_20200314_175814599_HDR

leolulz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type-R FK8 2017
Country flag
Anyone got experience with the Remus exhaust how the sound differ with stock frontpipe vs their own optional frontpipe?

I'm looking to buy it but can't decide if it's worth getting the frontpipe, i will only be changing it for the sound.

Perhaps anyone here got soundclips of it?

Perrin67_97

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
What is up all! Long time no post. Finally got got my DPW exhaust cutout done! Was trying to get The QTP to fit but DPW is the solution.. it comes with 1 remote control or you can use their app. I've had my type r since 2017 and pretty much have done full bolt on. Sound wise its loud like it should be! I also did a mid resonator delete and there is some drone with the valve open at 70 mph and up.. so I might be put that mid resonator back on.. FYI for anyone looking to do this mod. I'll try to put a sound clip on this weekend. Hope this helps guys that don't want to spend thousands of dollars on exhaust systems that aren't performance and sound justified improvement over stock.. not knocking all the awesome brands out there. This is just my opinion and what I wanted for my type R.

Honda Civic 10th gen Please list what exhaust you have, and your experience with it. 20200407_131314

Honda Civic 10th gen Please list what exhaust you have, and your experience with it. 20200407_112918

Honda Civic 10th gen Please list what exhaust you have, and your experience with it. 20200407_131632

Rfabianfk82020

First Name
Rence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Torn between the Invidia R400 or Tomei Type D. I know Tomei is loud and I’d have to go dual exhaust tips since they don’t offer 3 tips. R400 seems like a better deal. Cheaper + you get a front pipe along with the full exhaust. Tomei will be louder, but it’s almost $400 more. I’m leaning towards the R400 though. Seems like a smarter decision; price wise and I think it would be quieter than the Tomei.

KraftigAnka

First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R FK8
Country flag
Running the Tomei Type-D since a week back. Super pleased with the results overall, fit and finish was excellent! Install went smooth! Running it with stock DP(for now) and it´s loud but i don´t find it obnoxious . Looks amazing too!(Though i´m not a fan of the 3 tips so i´m biased). The drone and vibrations are there but i got used to it very quickly, but your mileage may vary. Love the deep and throaty sound of it, couldn´t be happier really!
Sponsored