Please list what exhaust you have, and your experience with it.

Z06_Pilot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP CTR #15484 | Corvette Z06's | Toyota Tundra #2, | Mini Cooper Countryman Works edition | Can-Am Spyder | Ducati X-Diavel
Country flag
It does come with the front pipe, I know because I use to own one.
+1, I currently own one and it most def comes with the front pipe. would highly recommend that you use some DEI heat wrap on the front pipe before installing.
Sponsored

Bumflik

First Name
Kinte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Wrangler . Sienna . Civic Type R FK8 '17
Country flag
+1, I currently own one and it most def comes with the front pipe. would highly recommend that you use some DEI heat wrap on the front pipe before installing.
Thanks !!

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 supercharged Civic Si (sold), '06 Civic Si (sold) , '14 V6-6MT Accord Coupe (sold), '17 CTR #1637, '18 Civic LX Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I installed the HKS Legamax about a month ago and have had enough seat time to chime in. Before I purchased, I wasn't thrilled with the look of the two tip system as the mufflers were very visible, but I must say that it looks much better in person. The tips have a slight upward tilt to them, which I really like. I had been holding out for the Sequence Ti unit, but had long enough to talk myself out of spending almost $3k on an exhaust system, even though I'm sure that is a really nice unit. I REALLY didn't want a loud, obnoxious exhaust, just something slightly louder than stock with a nice note. The HKS website indicated that this unit was about 10% louder than stock (86 vs 82 decibels) which I would say is just about spot on. HKS makes quality products, so when it went onsale ($1k) I dropped the hammer. Now that it has had a chance to "break in" a smidge, it has gotten a touch louder.

With all that said, I am really happy with the sound note & modest increase in volume. It is just loud enough to be heard when you get on it, but sounds like a very refined, stock system. From what I can tell, it has even less drone at highway speeds than the stock system. It is down right quiet at cruising speeds, but right there when you get on the skinny pedal. Sounds great on downshifts and the back pressure is definitely reduced. I'm sure it would be louder & more responsive with a down pipe/front pipe combo, but I'm just not going down that road again. The noise is not worth the modest gains, for me. There are no odd vibrations & zero raspiness to the sound, just a smooth, deep pitch. Fit was perfect & quality of construction is excellent. Pictures are not great & don't do it justice. Have to say that for $1k, I feel like this was an amazing deal.

Honda Civic 10th gen Please list what exhaust you have, and your experience with it. IMG_4200.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Please list what exhaust you have, and your experience with it. IMG_4198.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Please list what exhaust you have, and your experience with it. IMG_4199.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Please list what exhaust you have, and your experience with it. IMG_4200.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Please list what exhaust you have, and your experience with it. IMG_4185

Last edited:

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

sysjl

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2014 Subaru Outback
Country flag
So it has been a few weeks since I installed my unresonated Remark Spec III exhaust. I have never had an after market exhaust on any of my cars in the past so I think the exhaust is rather loud. Had some weird rattles and vibrations for about a week but they have gone away. I think the exhaust has gotten louder since I first installed it. It definitely drones at constant velocity at 3000rpms. I'm hoping that the resonated midpipe that should be released in December will kill the drone.

Build quality is top notch. Welds look fantastic and everything fit perfectly. Install wasn't too bad since I had air tools but installing on jack stands was certainly not ideal. The exhaust came with a hanger removal tool which made things even easier.

Despite my perceived loudness of the exhaust, I still like it. It sounds quite throaty and aggressive. There are some burbles and pops when I shift gears which is kind of neat. I'm still on stock downpipe and front pipe.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm sure most of you have noticed this...I noticed right away months ago, but never posted, nor saw anyone post about it.

But have you tried dropping your back seats...you can hear the exhaust sound way more, lol. Sounds crazy, kind of gives me an idea of how it sounds outside the car

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Bring this back from the dead, but just to help those looking for exhausts....I found myself just wanting my stock exhaust back on. There are days when I really don't want to hear my exhaust (usually in the morning if I'm really tired, lol). Might take off my milltek...again :D

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Bring this back from the dead, but just to help those looking for exhausts....I found myself just wanting my stock exhaust back on. There are days when I really don't want to hear my exhaust (usually in the morning if I'm really tired, lol). Might take off my milltek...again :D
You know tbh with you I feel the same way at times. There are times I wish I had a valved exhaust like Remus but I'm just not a fan of how they sound personally.

Never heard the milltek before but I have the greddy and although it's not super loud, there is some drone and there are times I wish i had the stock exhaust like when i'm carrying my parents around lol.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You know tbh with you I feel the same way at times. There are times I wish I had a valved exhaust like Remus but I'm just not a fan of how they sound personally.

Never heard the milltek before but I have the greddy and although it's not super loud, there is some drone and there are times I wish i had the stock exhaust like when i'm carrying my parents around lol.
No drone here with the milltek, just the fact I get more pronounced sound when barely getting on it. I've taken it off before and then only had the stock exhaust on maybe 2 or 3 weeks before I threw the milltek back on. I'll probably do it again and see how it goes. If I end up not missing the milltek I'll just sell it I guess.

Oh and the milltek is close to how the remus sounds...it can get raspy/rumble/crackles sounds a lot.

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Make it full resonated like me . Willget loud if you get on it. Cruising is roary but not bothersome and I love quiet cold starts.

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
I've got the Remus Exhaust with a catted PRL downpipe and Remus front pipe.

I love it. With the press of a button (or a press of my iphone), I have the flexibility to make it as quiet as the stock exhaust or as loud as a racecar. I also love the sound in that it is less fart can sounding and more refined sounding.

No drone in quiet mode and nearly none in the loudest mode.

No vibration in quietest mode and a tiny bit in the loudest mode.

I did a full write up with pics + sound clips on it here: https://www.civicx.com/threads/remus-exhaust-detailed-review.30099/

Hope this helps other members who are on the fence with this exhaust. Well worth the $ in my opinion.

OP
OP

TypeRinATL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
For anyone wondering I'm currently on the stock exhaust (muffler delete) with USR catless downpipe.

I absolutely love the sound and growl. The volume is perfect too. You can hear the car and it sounds aggressive, but it's not loud as hell.

Does anyone know of an aftermarket exhaust that is like stock but only SLIGHTLY louder?

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 supercharged Civic Si (sold), '06 Civic Si (sold) , '14 V6-6MT Accord Coupe (sold), '17 CTR #1637, '18 Civic LX Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For anyone wondering I'm currently on the stock exhaust (muffler delete) with USR catless downpipe.

I absolutely love the sound and growl. The volume is perfect too. You can hear the car and it sounds aggressive, but it's not loud as hell.

Does anyone know of an aftermarket exhaust that is like stock but only SLIGHTLY louder?
HKS Legamax. 88 vs 82 (stock) decibels per their website & I'd agree that it is about 10% louder than stock, but a much lower, richer tone. It sounds like an aftermarket exhaust, but very refined. I hate loud exhausts & wasn't even sure about this one until I heard it. It was perfect for me.
Sponsored