Cristyana1987

First Name
Ana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic Ex 10 generation
Country flag
Ok! My car kills my battery like every 3 month, I get a New one and keep on going but this time it did It again I jumped but the car never charged but lights where on inside on dash, so I took the battery went to get a New one but as soon as I put cables on the new battery it killed, went to the auto parts got and other one and killed right away it doesn’t even turns on dash lights it just kills the battery any idea what it can be ?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Cristyana1987

Cristyana1987

First Name
Ana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Looks like electrical issue but no clue what it can be that kills the battery right away

OP
OP
Cristyana1987

Cristyana1987

First Name
Ana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes! It does not even turns on the lights on dash. And the battery dies right away the only light that turns on are the long distance ones but I cant control them on the inside or turn off but it doesn't do anything else and when checked the bran new battery was already dead on 0% like never was good

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
Did you hook the battery terminals up correctly?

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
Most probably something is grounded or a problem with the electrical system. It would be rare for the alternator to be at fault at this time.

OP
OP
Cristyana1987

Cristyana1987

First Name
Ana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes! And it did it twice today with two new batteries

Rone811

First Name
Rone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Like my battery died when I left my lights on and I jumped it then it completely died and I replaced it last month. It lasted 2 years. I have a dash cam hooked up but no issues. In your situation you got to figure out what you installed that's draining the battery so fast or is it the starter? Or is this just a made up story?

OP
OP
Cristyana1987

Cristyana1987

First Name
Ana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Is a push botton. before a changed batteries it was making a click noise but now it doesn't do anything
Can something go bad if I jumped with another car?

OP
OP
Cristyana1987

Cristyana1987

First Name
Ana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Most probably something is grounded or a problem with the electrical system. It would be rare for the alternator to be at fault at this time.
I even changed but it still doing the same. I scanned before and never show any codes

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
it doesn't trigger a code for electrical issue. check the wiring may be something is short causing the batteries to short and burn. I would say go to dealer and get it checked.

I won't risk it again as a short circuit might burn ECU and cause more damage which incurs more cost

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
I believe you had a dead battery and, at some point, the terminals were connected incorrectly when jumping it or during the new battery installation. I believe there's a main fuse (125 amps) that protects in between the battery and everything else. Pray that is the cause. Beyond an obvious blown fuse; you may need a diagnostic procedure by a mechanic.

OP
OP
Cristyana1987

Cristyana1987

First Name
Ana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I believe you had a dead battery and, at some point, the terminals were connected incorrectly when jumping it or during the new battery installation. I believe there's a main fuse (125 amps) that protects in between the battery and everything else. Pray that is the cause. Beyond an obvious blown fuse; you may need a diagnostic procedure by a mechanic.
if that fuse went bad can it cause damage on new batteries?

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That sounds ridiculous. No battery should be lasting you a max of 3 months. There has to be an electrical pull or wiring problem that needs to be addressed.
Sponsored