NewCivicRs

First Name
CIVIC.FK4
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo RS
Country flag
Hi Sir @KTuner please help. I was datalogging, everything seems fine until I hit Record button and a minute after, all indicators in my car turned on (Parking brake blink, Steering wheel on, Transmission N blink like during flashing, everything). But the car is normal, I drove it to the side and stop, the brake, engine, everything normal. I restarted the engine couple times and everything gone except
Honda Civic 10th gen PLEASE HELP PLEASE Screenshot_2020-12-18-20-36-02-91
the "Check Engine Light"
kept on and finally few minutes after it disappears. Ktuner device light yellow, cannot connect. In short, everything okay, I can drive the car to home safely, the car runs smooth, nothing bad. I forgot to take a picture when all indicators turned on because I was really freaked out.

There is one thing, the gas indicator was weird. Before everything gone wrong, it was half below a bit, when check engine on, the gas indicator raised up half above a little bit, and now back to half below.

I was freak out because I cant connect the Ktuner to my ecu, it says logging but nothing shown. I tried couple times, nothing happen, the Ktuner V1.2 device light is yellow.
The error code was
Honda Civic 10th gen PLEASE HELP PLEASE Screenshot_2020-12-18-19-33-33-52

When I arrived at home, I shut down the engine and my laptop, and I try to reconnect again, stationary off, the Ktuner said "Fail to communicate to ECU, Retry or Cancel"?
I push stationary button to on, and Ktuner said "Ktuner have reset the ECU blablabla" and I clicked ok and it said "Switch off and on again before click Ok" and then everything was normal, no overheat, no knocking, and finally the Ktuner device light turns to green light as usual.
But the EGR still red, what is it?

I am really freak out, what would it be?
Honda Civic 10th gen PLEASE HELP PLEASE IMG20201218194045

OP
OP
NewCivicRs

NewCivicRs

First Name
CIVIC.FK4
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo RS
Country flag
Sure looks like you're connected and have data there. If your CEL is no longer on you may not have a code to check.

Datalogging can't cause a CEL.
Thank you so much to be here, Sir.
I was trying to reconnect ktuner device, because it seems the cable not tight.
I tried couple times, it says logging but the RPM boost IAT and other stuff not shown, so I tried again many times and suddenly how shocked I was, all indicators light turn on, it looks just the same when we flash the car, so I stop the car, dont know what to do. I click error code, it shown nothing except "Catalyst" was red.
And now after everything is fine (Thank GOD), the EGR is red.
Why the EGR become red?

OP
OP
NewCivicRs

NewCivicRs

First Name
CIVIC.FK4
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo RS
Country flag
Sure looks like you're connected and have data there. If your CEL is no longer on you may not have a code to check.

Excuse me Sir, I don't understand about CEL.
Now, no indicator is on.
Still, the EGR is red when I check error code on Ktuner.

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag

OP
OP
NewCivicRs

NewCivicRs

First Name
CIVIC.FK4
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo RS
Country flag
CEL = Check Engine Light
Aha .. Thanks brooo :D
Yes, no more CEL is on. On idling, I rev the engine up to 4000 RPM, everything smooth and nice.
Ktuner device indeed shows no error code, nothing.

It was during All Check Indicator were on
Honda Civic 10th gen PLEASE HELP PLEASE IMG_20201218_224121

And this is now
Honda Civic 10th gen PLEASE HELP PLEASE Screenshot_2020-12-18-22-43-21-64

I still wondering what may cause that incident? I know it is ok right now, but I am afraid it would happen again later when I go for holiday, I can't imagine that.

OP
OP
NewCivicRs

NewCivicRs

First Name
CIVIC.FK4
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo RS
Country flag

Sir, what do you mean by "have data there"?
Because of no CEL, no error codes, just colorized indicator (Red EGR), then how do I know what was going on previously? What possibly cause such horrible moment?
Please help Sir

fkseven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7
Country flag
Aha .. Thanks brooo :D
Yes, no more CEL is on. On idling, I rev the engine up to 4000 RPM, everything smooth and nice.
Ktuner device indeed shows no error code, nothing.

It was during All Check Indicator were on
IMG_20201218_224121.jpg

And this is now
Screenshot_2020-12-18-22-43-21-64.jpg

I still wondering what may cause that incident? I know it is ok right now, but I am afraid it would happen again later when I go for holiday, I can't imagine that.
Ok so those are readiness monitors for emissions for when you get the car inspected each year. You need to drive a few miles for the computer to make them green. It is perfectly normal to see that on an obd2 car.

OP
OP
NewCivicRs

NewCivicRs

First Name
CIVIC.FK4
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo RS
Country flag
Ok so those are readiness monitors for emissions for when you get the car inspected each year. You need to drive a few miles for the computer to make them green. It is perfectly normal to see that on an obd2 car.
Thanks bro for coming.
I am afraid now to drive the car to datalog, I can't imagine if such event happen again while I am on highway :( do you have idea why the lights on and off again?
Is ECU electrical glitch possible?

fkseven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7
Country flag
if the check engine light came on what is the code that the ecu said?

OP
OP
NewCivicRs

NewCivicRs

First Name
CIVIC.FK4
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo RS
Country flag
if the check engine light came on what is the code that the ecu said?
During that moment, the Ktuner device can not show anything, I try to re-plug the device, restart my laptop and the car couple times, still it shows nothing.
The device light is yellow.
All the parameters RPM, Boost, IAT others were blank.
I click error codes, like this
Honda Civic 10th gen PLEASE HELP PLEASE Screenshot_2020-12-18-22-40-07-53

fkseven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7
Country flag
It may be just a glitch in the ecu. It may just be a one time thing and could go away.

OP
OP
NewCivicRs

NewCivicRs

First Name
CIVIC.FK4
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo RS
Country flag
It may be just a glitch in the ecu. It may just be a one time thing and could go away.
Yes it went away. Should I reflash the tune?
Does anyone here ever get in this situation and turns out to be glitch on ecu only?

Civii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Yes it went away. Should I reflash the tune?
Does anyone here ever get in this situation and turns out to be glitch on ecu only?
You can. Make sure to follow the steps provided by the KTuner software during the flash. Don’t skip or rush to start and turn on the car. Follow everything.
Sponsored