jaiden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
2018 civic si, 48k miles
ktuner, intake , intercooler

i was just driving and i suddenly had p0087 code. i pulled over immediately and all my cel started popping up. after about 10 mins my fuel trims shot to -17% and my bank 2 fuel trims are extremely rich. what do i do???

Honda Civic 10th gen please HELP!! p0087 code F8C7DD32-DCF3-44E6-BC1C-FAA373AB8B45

Honda Civic 10th gen please HELP!! p0087 code 0BCB659F-BAEB-4888-9D38-B633C8BFA22B

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
First off relax a bit. Not sure why you're looking at bank 2 trims. Those only apply to V6 engine, not ours. And your LTFT1 is 0. That -17 STFT isn't that unusual if it's just a blip here and there. IATs are kind of high. But you can't tell much from a screenshot versus an actual datalog.

As far as that code, I've seen it be fuel pump related and I've seen people get it once and never see it again (glitch).

OP
OP
cota

cota

First Name
jaiden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
okay, its just im far from home and i dont have my laptop on me so i cant check my logs. thanks tho. its iats are high bc its really hot rn and idle. any suggestions?

That_slow_civicfc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Si ,2020 civic Si,2019 Si
Country flag
turn the car off wait a bit then back on and drive a bit. happened once after a night of fun driving. did you touch the obd2 connection cable? that'll do it

OP
OP
cota

cota

First Name
jaiden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
i ended up just driving under 2k rpm for 20 miles back home. i had to drive 6th gear at like 40mph. i still have cel. i contacted Eman and he says its the fuel pump. but he also says i should just replace the whole fuel system for a fk8 one. thank you guys!!

OP
OP
cota

cota

First Name
jaiden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
i mean like i literally tapped the throttle, probably less than 10% tps. i gained a lot of fuel economy from it LOL. if i tried slamming the throttle it would just cut because it would reach 2k rpm immediately. starting on a hill was difficult too bc i couldn't even rev as much to get the car moving without it feeling like it's going to stall. technically it's still driveable, but the fuel system could completely fail at sooner or later. i'm getting it fixed on friday i hope

That_slow_civicfc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i mean like i literally tapped the throttle, probably less than 10% tps. i gained a lot of fuel economy from it LOL. if i tried slamming the throttle it would just cut because it would reach 2k rpm immediately. starting on a hill was difficult too bc i couldn't even rev as much to get the car moving without it feeling like it's going to stall. technically it's still driveable, but the fuel system could completely fail at sooner or later. i'm getting it fixed on friday i hope
no I mean use the the type R fuel system. if that's the case I could have had all my fueling issues solved months ago. I've had my car max out for a while now.

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
no I mean use the the type R fuel system. if that's the case I could have had all my fueling issues solved months ago. I've had my car max out for a while now.
That had me lol. I didn't know you could use the fk8 fuel system. I also didn't realize op drove 20 miles in limp mode.😂 When I went into limp mode I couldn't break 10%tps so couldn't get above like 25 or 30mph in 3rd iirc.

OP
OP
cota

cota

First Name
jaiden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
update: i had a shop that replaced my intank fuel pump with dw300 fuel pump. issue persists… my next guess is the high pressure fuel pump. any ideas?

it runs very lean, but once it goes into limp mode, the fuel trims are -10 to 0

the crank is still about 3 seconds. when before it was instant

That_slow_civicfc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
update: i had a shop that replaced my intank fuel pump with dw300 fuel pump. issue persists… my next guess is the high pressure fuel pump. any ideas?

it runs very lean, but once it goes into limp mode, the fuel trims are -10 to 0

the crank is still about 3 seconds. when before it was instant
every thing cost about the same so I guess do the HPFP then if you still have problems, do the injectors. weird youre having fueling issues only running 93. the system shouldn't be that close to maxing out. mines been maxed for about a year now thankfully no issues

OP
OP
cota

cota

First Name
jaiden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
idk, i do remember that when i first tuned on ktuner with intake and intercooler, i felt like i was pushing quite a lot of power. gradually i did notice a decline in power over time but i thought it was just the weather. i also noticed inconsistent patterns with throttle response so i would put injector cleaner and what not. i heavily convinced myself that it was the intank pump but i think i steered myself away from what i initially thought was the hpfp. i ordered it off prl already, thank you

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
cota

cota

First Name
jaiden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
i used lucas before, and about 1 month ago(3tanks ago) royal purple max cleaner

OP
OP
cota

cota

First Name
jaiden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
BUMP
I have p0087 code again, but i previously had this code fixed by replacing the Intank fuel pump first(didn’t work), then the HPFP(worked). Symptoms are different

Before: Long crank but starts, driveable but limp mode(wont rev past 3k)

Now: Long crank, sometimes starts but then stalls. will rev as high as i want as long as there’s power(fuel/air/spark) and sometimes it wont rev up if i press on the gas

Now i have to get it towed bc it’s just going to stall after driving 50 feet…
Sponsored